Favorite Mock Draft...

I quit using Walter Football a couple years ago when it was proven a ton of their "scouting" reports were copy and pasted from other various sites.

And their "updated" mock draft is talking about whether the Jets will draft Wilson or stick with Darnold.

Edited by cle23

The NFL has done a fantastic job of creating this several months long off season interest in an event that is so totally random...

My thoughts are that no one does Mock drafting well... 

If I had to name a “favourite” it’s probably Chris Trapasso... if you don’t like who he mocks to you today, just wait until tomorrow...

• Haha (+1) 1

Walter football was my go to for several years until I realized that he sucks, his sight is poorly run, and he’s contrarian about stupid stuff to generate buzz.

I like the Draft Network, and NFL.com’s mock drafts, but mocks are pretty pointless by and by. I use them to try and gauge where players value is, but that’s always hit and miss.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

The Draft Network is the place that I trust the most in terms of draft evaluations. I don't always agree with Kyle and Joe but I've spent enough time following their work to know that the process they have in place is sound.

I did notice that Crissy Froyd has done a few QB-related articles for them recently. I briefly worked with her when I was with BillsWire and she's a real smart cookie. Well worth a follow if you support LSU in particular.

• Agree 1

The Draft Network

if you love draft talk on from those  whose job it is to watch film on prospects, recommend the Draft Dudes podcast with Kyle crabbs and Joe Marino 

I like Daniel Jeremiah too as he is a former scout 

Matt Miller is another with a good history 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Draft Network

if you love draft talk on from those  whose job it is to watch film on prospects, recommend the Draft Dudes podcast with Kyle crabbs and Joe Marino 

Agreed. For me its TDN and everyone else is a ways behind.

Be prepared for these mock drafts to be nowhere near what happens in 2 weeks even more so than usual.   After the first 10 picks, it kind of seems like nobody has any idea what’s gonna happen. In a normal year, teams would’ve already had their boards lined up and started leaking mis-information.  Doesn’t seem to be much scuttle-butt which is most likely due to all these teams scrambling to get info on these guys and still trying to sort out their boards.  

I agree that mock drafts are pretty useless outside of the top few picks, but I always like to go to http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Mock-Draft.

For the most part, their projections aren't very accurate, but I love the features they have where you can look at mock drafts for all four major sports as well as the archives for past drafts. If nothing else, it's a good reference point to look back on.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am probably biased because I subscribe to Matt's new venture now he has left BR and we have chatted a few times and I like him as a guy as well but I think he is really solid. The difference with him and certain others is that Matt really does watch the guys who are going to be late day 3 picks as much as he watches the guys who are consensus round 1. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Draft Network

Joe Marino's Locked on Bills Podcast is the best resource for all things Bills at all times of the year and the ramp up to the draft is where he really shines.  He has been able to show that his draft evaluations of the Bills picks have often lined up with where the Bills actually took them.

• Agree 1

Whichever one has us taking my draft crush of the moment.

Just kidding.

The Draft Network, Matt Miller, Dane Brugler, Ben Standig, Benjamin Albright. As someone mentioned already, going to the Mock Draft Database and just looking over the whole variety of mock drafts available. Some years, everyone mocks the same player to the Bills. This year, picks are all over the map. That's a symptom of picking so late and of having a good overall roster with very few crying needs.

28 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Joe Marino's Locked on Bills Podcast is the best resource for all things Bills at all times of the year and the ramp up to the draft is where he really shines.  He has been able to show that his draft evaluations of the Bills picks have often lined up with where the Bills actually took them.

Agree. Not only does Joe Marino soberly evaluate a player's strengths and weaknesses, but also explains why a player would "fit" with a particular team's scheme, roster and cap.  His deep Bills knowledge is a huge added plus for Buffalo fans, which is why he's my go to analyst. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Agree. Not only does Joe Marino soberly evaluate a player's strengths and weaknesses, but also explains why a player would "fit" with a particular team's scheme, roster and cap.  His deep Bills knowledge is a huge added plus for Buffalo fans, which is why he's my go to analyst. 

Tomorrow he is dropping his Bills-specific 2021 big board ...

Happy Chris Pratt GIF