17 Regular Season Games - - is that too much of a good thing??

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel the NFL should lose Thursday night games (or schedule them only after a bye week) and not expand.  The players have already commented on how long the season is for them and how almost all of th

No.  It’s better than 16

17 is dumb because some teams get 9 home games while others get 8. If they want to increase the season then go with 18 games and reduce the preseason to 2 games.

It means one less meaningless pre-season game where players could get injured for nothing.

Less injuries happen when you have your 1st team on the field and everyone is most familiar with each other's play.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
5 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

What are your thoughts?

Right now in the NFL games 15 & 16 can be a dangerous situation for a quality team already guaranteed a play-off position.  Injuries!!!!  Injuries!!!

Another sterling LAMP post that could have gone in the 2 other threads about the week 17 game.

Not to much - Never to much - give me another week (week 18) and I will still be happy.  Adding a meaningful game and getting rid of a preseason game is great.

Do it again as soon as the NFLPA will negotiate it and give me 18 and 2 preseason games.  Then if needed add a second bye like they used to have and schedule the Super Bowl Presidents Day every year to give us the following Monday off.

More Football is good!

Edited by Rochesterfan

16 games and especially 6 playoff teams also.

Never understood why they didn't just go to two bye weeks.  I would guess they would get almost as much from the TV networks with 2 bye weeks as with 17 games.  The players would be happy and they could probably have used it to get some concessions from the NFLPA.

I know they tried it in the 90s and it didn't work but fans didn't have the plethora of information sources to keep their interest up like they do now.

• Like (+1) 1

17 is dumb because some teams get 9 home games while others get 8. If they want to increase the season then go with 18 games and reduce the preseason to 2 games.

• Like (+1) 3
7 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

What are your thoughts?

Right now in the NFL games 15 & 16 can be a dangerous situation for a quality team already guaranteed a play-off position.  Injuries!!!!  Injuries!!!

Nope. I would be happy with 20 regular season games, expanded rosters, no preseason games. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No such thing as too much NFL football. If they get to Basketball, Hockey, Baseball numbers than its too much. 17 games... Its really not much. We fiend for the next game and 1-2 more games isn't going to stop that.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

next year

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

No.  It’s better than 16

It’s a higher number that’s for sure... 

The owners/league/investors want twenty plus games down the road, this makes it easier to have more franchises, which equals more money, yah a lot of us will be dead and gone by then, but this or something very very similar this is the leagues/owners/investors end game. More games is the only functional way to have more teams/franchises, 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰etc etc

NFL should stick with 16game season but add an extra bye week. It extends the season which everyone wants, and gives teams the ability to be as healthy as possible going into the playoffs

• Like (+1) 3
9 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

What are your thoughts?

Nope. I hope we eventually get 18 games with a reduced preseason.