Daunte Wright Shooting

T&C

15 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

She was clearly suffering from some form of mental illness that drove her to climb through a broken window into the inner Capitol chamber while federal agents pointed guns at her ordering her not to come through... And that's how ti works, right? Police don't kill people, people kill themselves?

As long as the standard is consistent. 

Damn, alot of you are really dancing on the fine line between "innocent until proven guilty" and "if a suspect doesn't comply, an officer has the right to shoot them" 

It's scary to me 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

Damn, alot of you are really dancing on the fine line between "innocent until proven guilty" and "if a suspect doesn't comply, an officer has the right to shoot them" 

It's scary to me 

This only applies to white people; with the exception of those in blue on the Capitol on 1/6.

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

It's scary to me 

No not at all, what's being said is that if a suspect fails to comply the chances of being shot go up enormously.

3 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

No not at all, what's being said is that if a suspect fails to comply the chances of being shot go up enormously.

Some see this as a problem with the police. It's not their job to shoot someone who fails to comply. They are not judge and executioner. 

Some see this as a benefit of the police. They feel it's fine that a cop shoots someone who fails to comply. They do not mind the cops who are judge and executioner. The racists who think this have held their heads high throughout this thread.

#BeBest

Edited by Melania Trump
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Melania Trump said:

Some see this as a problem with the police. It's not their job to shoot someone who fails to comply. They are not judge and executioner. 

Some see this as a benefit of the police. They feel it's fine that a cop shoots someone who fails to comply. They do not mind the cops who are judge and executioner. The racists who think this have held their heads high throughout this thread.

#BeBest

All I'm saying is - Comply and you don't get shot. Don't comply and the risk of injury or even death is high. 

3 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

All I'm saying is - Comply and you don't get shot. Don't comply and the risk of injury or even death is high. 

You seem so acceptant of that fact. 

Can we live in a world where we don't have to fear being blown away by the cops?

This isn't a dirty harry movie you know, this is real life 

Just now, TSOL said:

Can we live in a world where we don't have to fear being blown away by the cops?

Of course I accept it because it's the truth. Had this guy complied he would still be alive. Seems simple enough.

6 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Of course I accept it because it's the truth. Had this guy complied he would still be alive. Seems simple enough.

Well, the acceptance of these issues is what enables them. 

Thanks for your contribution. 

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

Well, the acceptance of these issues is what enables them. 

Thanks for your contribution. 

You're welcome and should you need me to point out the obvious in the future feel free to ask.

10 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Had the officer done her job within the confines of the law he would still be alive. Even simpler. 

Edited by Melania Trump

Had the officer done her job within the confines of the law he would still be alive. Even simpler. 

If the guy had complied, not struggled, not attempt to flee, this officer would have had no reason to mistake her pistol with her taser because she wouldn't have reached for either. 

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

So were her illegal actions the cause of her getting shot?

I'd say what she did, attempting to breach the inner Capital with 100's if not 1000's right behind her was a sad but reasonable justification for the use of deadly force. Shooting her right then may have saved lives that day. 

• Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, TSOL said:

When criminals stop shooting at cops , tons of illegal handguns aren’t out on the streets and murders tail off. So , basically no. Ideally we can, but bad people with zero respect for life or others screw it up. Besides, “ living in fear” of such an occurrence is completely unnecessary and unrealistic. Pure hyperbole. The numbers show these are pretty isolated events on a year to year basis. You have a much better chance of winning the lottery, or having a hammer fall off the top shelf at Lowe’s and go through your skull. Now, if your actions constantly put you in police contact the chances go up, but they’re still verylow. Even if you’re arrested and cuffed , these things happen every day without a major incident. Living in fear is caving into sensationalism. Do you live in fear of a mass murder every time you go in the grocery store ? 

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

She was clearly suffering from some form of mental illness that drove her to climb through a broken window into the inner Capitol chamber while federal agents pointed guns at her ordering her not to come through... And that's how ti works, right? Police don't kill people, people kill themselves?

Nope. How many unarmed ( female) protesters of color have been shot during the liberal riots of 2019 and 2020 ? I’ll hang up and listen. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

14 minutes ago, Melania Trump said:

Yep, she was negligent. His actions played a role as he had a warrant , illegal gun charge and decided to take a chance. Both are true. He got a Cop that didn’t bring their A game that day. Chance you take when you tempt fate. 

11 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

If the guy had complied, not struggled, not attempt to flee, this officer would have had no reason to mistake her pistol with her taser because she wouldn't have reached for either. 

If all criminals were perfect angels there would be no reason for cops.

She has been on the force for 26 years.

She failed to do the job she signed up for. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep, she was negligent. His actions played a role as he had a warrant , illegal gun charge and decided to take a chance. Both are true. He got a Cop that didn’t bring their A game that day. Chance you take when you tempt fate. 

Her negligence is the sole reason he is dead.

If all criminals were perfect angels there would be no reason for cops.

She has been on the force for 26 years.

She failed to do the job she signed up for. 

Her negligence is the sole reason he is dead.

Your last sentence is where you go off track. The first statements are all true. The last cannot be. If she had simply approached the vehicle, opened the door and shot him it would be true. That’s not what happened. He had a huge part in his own demise. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

When criminals stop shooting at cops , tons of illegal handguns aren’t out on the streets and murders tail off. So , basically no. Ideally we can, but bad people with zero respect for life or others screw it up. 

Honestly the cops are the criminals and you all know it 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Honestly the cops are the criminals and you all know it 

Just added some other points to my previous response thru an edit. Read it if you wish. Your statement has zero basis in reality, the numbers don’t back it up in any way. You’ve fallen victim to radical hyperbolic sensationalists. Or you’ve listened to “ sympathy for the devil” too many times in a row.