Daunte Wright Shooting

T&C

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I agree with both your statements. This is because it’s the truth. Truth has all too often become irrelevant.

She’s an ex cop, so if she gets jail time, she should absolutely not be in general pop and she won’t be. She doesn’t deserve to be physically harmed for her error., and putting her in general pop would all but guarantee this. 

I get the ex cop thing. But do you not see the irony of the wise ass thing I said basically being true. 

The point is, is that the racial divide is insane in this country 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, SoTier said:

When has a cop stopped you for an illegal left hand turn or a burned out tail light and demanded that you get out of your vehicle at gunpoint?  

It happens to black men too frequently, and it never happens to white men.  If it did, FAUX NEWS and other Right Wing news outlets would be all over it and you know damn well that that's true.

PS .  Having an outstanding warrant or multiple ones is not a capital offense in any state in the US.

The ***** dude?  Literally any warrant with a gun comes back and that traffic stop turns to a felony stop real fast.  Out the ***** car, back up toward me, put your face on the ground.

• Agree 4

Just now, TSOL said:

I get the ex cop thing. But do you not see the irony of the wise ass thing I said basically being true. 

The point is, is that the racial divide is insane in this country 

I’ll agree on the racial divide, and the msm is making it far worse. Most people in America are not racist and want to get along . it’s also a cultural thing with the prison population regardless of race. You earn huge points in jail harming or killing a cop. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Here’s something I don’t understand.

I don’t understand how 99% of people don’t agree that A. She shouldn’t have shot him with her gun and B. He shouldn’t have run from police.

If A. hadn't happened, he’d be alive. If B. hadn’t happened, he’d be alive. 

So I pose this question to you all. Does anyone disagree with either of these two statements? Can we find a true TBD middle ground in this day and age?

His attempting to flee is a conscious act of commission. Her shooting is an act of error, misjudgment and/or negligence. Once we start making the two equal, we are in real trouble as a society.  I'm afraid...we already are! 

This is not all that different from the age old question as to whether you can shoot someone when they break into your house at night. I've always said "Yes, you can!"

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://nypost.com/2021/04/13/daunte-wright-was-facing-attempted-robbery-case-when-killed-by-cop/

Daunte Wright had an open warrant related to an armed robbery case against him when he was shot dead Sunday by a cop who claimed she thought she was firing her Taser, court records show.

Wright, 20, and another man had been charged with first-degree attempted aggravated robbery in December 2019 for allegedly trying to steal $820 from a woman at gunpoint, according to Hennepin County District Court documents.

The pair had crashed at the victim’s home in the city of Osseo after attending a party there –then demanded money the next morning while flashing a gun, authorities said in court papers.

“Give me the f–king money — I’m not playing around,” Wright told the woman, according to prosecutors.

Not as serious as turn signal infractions or burned out taillights 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, SoTier said:

When has a cop stopped you for an illegal left hand turn or a burned out tail light and demanded that you get out of your vehicle at gunpoint?  

It happens to black men too frequently, and it never happens to white men.  If it did, FAUX NEWS and other Right Wing news outlets would be all over it and you know damn well that that's true.

PS .  Having an outstanding warrant or multiple ones is not a capital offense in any state in the US.

you’re wrong.

As a 25 year white male on Whitehorse road in Greenville South Carolina at 2:00 am in 2002 I was pulled Out of my Ford Thunderbird with NY plates at gun point by a white county sheriff and his partner, who instructed we to open the door with outside door handle then handcuffed with my hands behind my back and placed on the center median while my car was searched. 

Why, because my friend also Caucasian and I were coming hone from a night club, windows open btw, I was a designated  driver with no drinks and we got lost, so we pulled in a parking lot to look at a map, as we pulled out, we immediately got pulled over and then the rest happened. I pulled over immediately I didn’t resist, I said yes sir no sir, and I drove home without issue. 

They explained the suspected we were robbing the store we were in the parking lot of and somehow thought they saw me put something under my seat, while I was just getting my I’d ready. 

it happens, you just never hear about it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’ll agree on the racial divide, and the msm is making it far worse. Most people in America are not racist and want to get along . it’s also a cultural thing with the prison population regardless of race. You earn huge points in jail harming or killing a cop. 

You are blaming the media on America's historic race problem? What would Dred Scott say? 

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Do you have any thoughts of your own? I mean it's easy to let twitter think for you, but is that really thinking? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You are blaming the media on America's historic race problem? What would Dred Scott say? 

Hard to imagine you could post this just a day after CNN was caught admitting that they were indeed stoking stories to increase ratings and get people riled up.  Hilarious Tibs!

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Hard to imagine you could post this just a day after CNN was caught admitting that they were indeed stoking stories to increase ratings and get people riled up.  Hilarious Tibs!

LOL, caught? 

Do tell 

57 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Do you think they will put her in general population? Or will she be in one of those special white people prisons with a pool? 

Where do these special prisons exist beyond the space between your ears? 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Do you have any thoughts of your own? I mean it's easy to let twitter think for you, but is that really thinking? 

No dummy,  not for any historic issues of the past. As a society we moved on long ago, and the vast majority of Americans are not racist. That truth doesn’t garner votes for radical policies, nor does it foster brainwashing of Caucasians through the education system. 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

LOL, caught? 

Do tell 

True, wrong word.  It’s tough to be “ caught “ doing something so obvious that everyone knows it. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

No dummy,  not for any historic issues of the past. As a society we moved on long ago, and the vast majority of Americans are not racist. That truth doesn’t garner votes for radical policies, nor does it foster brainwashing of Caucasians through the education system. 

True, wrong word.  It’s tough to be “ caught “ doing something so obvious that everyone knows it. 

You sound like you listen to the media too much. No racism? You live in a fantasy land. 

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Here’s something I don’t understand.

I don’t understand how 99% of people don’t agree that A. She shouldn’t have shot him with her gun and B. He shouldn’t have run from police.

If A. hadn't happened, he’d be alive. If B. hadn’t happened, he’d be alive. 

So I pose this question to you all. Does anyone disagree with either of these two statements? Can we find a true TBD middle ground in this day and age?

I do not disagree, and add to that the officer has to face the consequences of her actions.  

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

The ***** dude?  Literally any warrant with a gun comes back and that traffic stop turns to a felony stop real fast.  Out the ***** car, back up toward me, put your face on the ground.

I think our emotional friend mean to include “other than when it happens all the time...when does it ever happen?”. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Take a deep breath Tibs and turn off CNN.

Time to stop and learn what's really been going on. 

You're being silly.

We'll wait.

Lol, so much for being caught. You guys could get a tweet from @sockpuppet11 and go running around screaming whatever sock puppet wants you to scream. 

Yet you complain about the media. 

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

All I can say is I'd like to borrow your time machine and experience what life was like back in 1950's Mississippi some 70 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You sound like you listen to the media too much. No racism? You live in a fantasy land. 

Did I say “ no racism” ? Lol of course it exists. Too many people listen to the msm too much, and that’s why they’re so uninformed. There will never be no racism. It’s just no that common  Just as there will never be no crime, or no guns, or no anything. I’m not the one living in fantasy land, though. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Did I say “ no racism” ? Lol of course it exists. Too many people listen to the msm too much, and that’s why they’re so uninformed. There will never be no racism. It’s just no that common  Just as there will never be no crime, or no guns, or no anything. I’m not the one living in fantasy land, though. 

The people that listen to and watch Conservative media are way less informed than people that have been conditioned to literally hate the MSM