Josh Allen Draft Commercial (I love this man)

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Seriously. One of the dumbest comments I've ever heard regarding Josh Allen. He helped the Bills go to the playoffs his 2nd year. He showed flashes of what he could do in every single game he ever played those first two years. So idiotic. Anyone who says that didn't watch him play.

Ask anyone of these people who Josh was throwing to his first year and when you tell them Zay Jones is barely hanging on the league, Robert Foster was undrafted, Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Clay are currently out of the league and they cut Shady McCoy before he ever played a down with Josh in a game and they look at you just a little stunned not to mention the crapfest that was the oline at the time 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Ask anyone of these people who Josh was throwing to his first year and when you tell them Zay Jones is barely hanging on the league, Robert Foster was undrafted, Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Clay are currently out of the league and they cut Shady McCoy before he ever played a down with Josh in a game and they look at you just a little stunned not to mention the crapfest that was the oline at the time 

All true except Shady was here for Josh's rookie season. They released him before the 2019 season after drafting Singletary and signing Gore.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

No, I definitely mean his weiner...:wub:

Definition of dingus

1informal : an often small article whose common name is unknown or forgotten : GADGET, DOODAD sense 2In his [Dashiell Hammett's] writings of the period from 1924 to 1952, "dingus" signifies, variously, a magician's prop, a typewriter, a short story, a novel, and an elusive artifact, a black bird better known as the Maltese Falcon.— Mark McGurl… the boy was decked out in a fancy uniform with silver buttons and a cap with a dingus on the top.— Sholem Aleichem

2US slang : a dim-witted, silly, or foolish person  —often used in a joking or friendly wayBy most accounts, [Hunter] Strickland is actually a sweet feller. Respected by his teammates, nice to the fans, et cetera. But he sure is a dingus on the mound sometimes.— Grant BrisbeeThink back to when you were 17 and how much of a dingus you could be …— Pacific Takes

Not seeing a references to the male genitalia.

Dingy, Ding-a-ling, wang, D, Schlong, Tally Wacker, one eyed monster, Belichick....sure.  Dingus...No

Edited by Weatherman
  • Haha (+1) 4

20 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I just saw this during Around the Horn.

LFG for this season, already. I want to play in the new LA stadium in February. Anything else is a downer season.

Sorry to ask... but in what context was this brought up in AtH? Not a small thing in current media environment.

I'm interested b/c I'm seeing the "JA brand" starting to emerge in bits and pieces.

And, I believe, league fans will eat it up, as it is such a great, hard nose, frankly "American" story to tell.

His management is to be praised on this: they are carefully feeding the fire with oxygen little by little, instead of having him walk on flaming coals from the start.

Crazy prediction: He will be commercially bigger than PM and AR, simply bc his story is relatable and authentic.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There's room enough for all of us!

Hey, Google, How big are Josh Allen's hands?

Height:  6 ft 4 7⁄8 in (1.95 m)

Weight:  237 lb (108 kg)

Hand Size:  10 1⁄8 in (0.26 m)

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Hey, Google, How big are Josh Allen's hands?

Height:  6 ft 4 7⁄8 in (1.95 m)

Weight:  237 lb (108 kg)

Hand Size:  10 1⁄8 in (0.26 m)

I see he measures from the base!

Pro tip: Shave your wrists so your hands look bigger

• Haha (+1) 7

21 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Umm...anyone [herd sidekick] who characterizes JA’s first two years as a “disaster” is someone whose “analysis” I will be all the smarter for avoiding...:doh:

Seriously. All she's doing is admitting her takes come from Nick Wright's twitter feed. Anyone seeing a couple of Allen's games who know better than to call him a "disaster." Lazy can of corn.

1 hour ago, Dukestreetking said:

Sorry to ask... but in what context was this brought up in AtH? Not a small thing in current media environment.

I'm interested b/c I'm seeing the "JA brand" starting to emerge in bits and pieces.

And, I believe, league fans will eat it up, as it is such a great, hard nose, frankly "American" story to tell.

His management is to be praised on this: they are carefully feeding the fire with oxygen little by little, instead of having him walk on flaming coals from the start.

Crazy prediction: He will be commercially bigger than PM and AR, simply bc his story is relatable and authentic.

It was a commercial for the draft, at a break in Around the Horn.

14 hours ago, Calidiehard said:

All true except Shady was here for Josh's rookie season. They released him before the 2019 season after drafting Singletary and signing Gore.

Oh yeah I forgot they released him at the end of training camp of what would have been Joshs first full year as starter since his rookie year he didn’t start right away 

11 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Definition of dingus

1informal : an often small article whose common name is unknown or forgotten : GADGET, DOODAD sense 2In his [Dashiell Hammett's] writings of the period from 1924 to 1952, "dingus" signifies, variously, a magician's prop, a typewriter, a short story, a novel, and an elusive artifact, a black bird better known as the Maltese Falcon.— Mark McGurl… the boy was decked out in a fancy uniform with silver buttons and a cap with a dingus on the top.— Sholem Aleichem

2US slang : a dim-witted, silly, or foolish person  —often used in a joking or friendly wayBy most accounts, [Hunter] Strickland is actually a sweet feller. Respected by his teammates, nice to the fans, et cetera. But he sure is a dingus on the mound sometimes.— Grant BrisbeeThink back to when you were 17 and how much of a dingus you could be …— Pacific Takes

Not seeing a references to the male genitalia.

Dingy, Ding-a-ling, wang, D, Schlong, Tally Wacker, one eyed monster, Belichick....sure.  Dingus...No

Small article certainly does not apply...but gadget or doodad can.

13 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

I can confirm Josh has ALOT of fans that rpot for other teams. At the KC game so many people told me how they love To watch Josh play and feel he is the second most exciting to watch behind PM. He also has many fans of players from other teams.

I see no lies in what you said.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

I can confirm Josh has ALOT of fans that rpot for other teams. At the KC game so many people told me how they love To watch Josh play and feel he is the second most exciting to watch behind PM. He also has many fans of players from other teams.

I see no lies in what you said.

Allen is an archetypal underdog story this country loves. Coupled with his personality and play style, it’s going to bode well for him with regards to fans and endorsements as his career progresses.