NFLPA suggests players skip voluntary workouts. 2 teams on board so far

I think the pre-camp stuff should be virtual. 

DeMaurice Smith is one of the worst things to happen to the NFL. He is a joke and thinks he can go negotiate things then turn around and try to backdoor things he negotiated by suing the league or using the pandemic to get permanent changes that he previously didn't negotiate with the league on. The guy is so weak that he's done a huge disservice to the players and ultimately the league.

Get out of here with the "Play was better than ever". Not one person believes that was true. It dominated talk early on about how sloppy everything was..

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Get out of here with the "Play was better than ever". Not one person believes that was true. It dominated talk early on about how sloppy everything was..

Disagree on that. I have seen posters claim quality was same.  I think the referees especially were bad and as part of full time pay they were supposed to be more involved with training camps and they weren't.  Pay for free.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/13/nflpa-sends-memo-to-players-recommending-they-skip-in-person-workouts/

Seattle and Denver players are opting out. Will be really interesting to see how this impacts the season .. if at all (i.e., teams that participate vs teams that don't)

I dunno how most of the Bills players see it, but I know Jon Feliciano retweeted the NFLPA memo with  "players unite" and a clenched fist over it.

I also know a lot of the players are working out together at gyms and private facilities all around the country because they share stuff on Instagram about it.  When I see videos posted, I don't see masks or distancing and I'm pretty sure there isn't regular testing.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno how most of the Bills players see it, but I know Jon Feliciano retweeted the NFLPA memo with  "players unite" and a clenched fist over it.

I also know a lot of the players are working out together at gyms and private facilities all around the country because they share stuff on Instagram about it.  When I see videos posted, I don't see masks or distancing and I'm pretty sure there isn't regular testing.

You are implying NFLPA line is tractor trailer full of dung.   I will state it clearly - they have always objected to OTAs (but want players to get them without them) and will use any reason including flat earth and sunspots as reasons.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OTAs are such a non-issue. I’m glad these players are taking this stand but to pretend this is a safety thing is a bit disingenuous on the players’ part for the reasons you highlighted about.

players don’t like OTAs. Using covid safety is just this year’s convenient (and valid) excuse.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

OTAs are such a non-issue. I’m glad these players are taking this stand but to pretend this is a safety thing is a bit disingenuous on the players’ part for the reasons you highlighted about.

players don’t like OTAs. Using covid safety is just this year’s convenient (and valid) excuse.

Not valid excuse when they are playing ball, etc without masks.

5 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I’m not doubting you, but why do players dislike OTAs when they’re doing more (most of them) on their own?

• Like (+1) 1

This is a joke.

If you played last year during the outbreak, and before the vaccine (which is available most places to anyone that wants it) there is no reason why you couldn't practice this spring or summer in a much safer world.  I have never had a problem with players declining to participate in the optional stuff but it's pretty lame for whole teams to use COVID as an excuse in light of last season.

If I was a player I would encourage my union to use it's energy (in negotiations) to get me paid for participating in OTAs rather than organizing stunts like this because they are completely incompetent in actual negotiations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

This is a joke.

If you played last year during the outbreak, and before the vaccine (which is available most places to anyone that wants it) there is no reason why you couldn't practice this spring or summer in a much safer world.  I have never had a problem with players declining to participate in the optional stuff but it's pretty lame for whole teams to use COVID as an excuse in light of last season.

If I was a player I would encourage my union to use it's energy (in negotiations) to get me paid for participating in OTAs rather than organizing stunts like this because they are completely incompetent in actual negotiations.

Players do get paid for OTAs, they get the work out bonuses.  They don’t show up to work out, no money.  It’s optional in that you get paid to get there.  

I do agree that this is a joke.  The players want obscene money and don’t want to work, sorry, but no.  This whole Covid thing is a joke too, but let’s not go down that path.  If you opt out, ok.  If you want to get paid, show up and do your job. 

• Like (+1) 2