Vaccination will be required to attend Bills games this season, per Polancarz. [Edit: "No official vaccination policy yet" per Bills ticket office.]

Process

2 minutes ago, Process said:

😍😍

at first I was confused, until I realized he meant the day after the home opener.  Lol

Just now, Kelsayrundefense said:

Looks like I've seen my last Bills game in person.  I'll find a better use of my money.

the restriction of “vaccinated only” likely wouldn’t  be forever... I hope.

28 minutes ago, Process said:

Not sure how to keep this from getting political/controversial. But its pretty big Bills related news. Hopefully we can all behave.

Seems unnecessary to be making this decision in April? Why not wait and see how things are looking in two months when a majority of the country is vaccinated? We have no idea. 

But I do think this is a good move and personally, like the decision.

Also, does this mean Allen is going to get denied entry into the Stadium?😛

"Papers please"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Make a copy and laminate it.  Keep the original for future booster shots if necessary.

I put my original in a ziploc bag and put it with important papers.

I made a copy and used packing tape to "laminate" mine and keep that one in my car. It can always be remade.

Also took a picture with my phone and emailed it to myself.

• Haha (+1) 1

also, I’m reading the slides from the ECDOH briefing and it says “County SUPPORTS returning all fans to the stadium and arena for fall”.

Was Poloncarz more definitive when he spoke?  This wording makes it sounds like “oh, might happen, but it’s really up to the state”.

31 minutes ago, Process said:
Seems unnecessary to be making this decision in April? Why not wait and see how things are looking in two months when a majority of the country is vaccinated? We have no idea. 

So people can make plans now to make sure they're fully vaccinated by September.  

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Doc Brown said:

So people can make plans now to make sure they're fully vaccinated by September.  

Yea I deleted that out. Its a good move to be providing more incentives for people to get vaccinated right now.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

the restriction of “vaccinated only” likely wouldn’t  be forever... I hope.

4 minutes ago, Kelsayrundefense said:

Hopefully not, but with the world these days, who knows anymore.

Depends. If folks keep refusing to get vaccinated, and we dont get to herd immunity to drive this thing out, and , and allow more variants to pop up.... it could certainly go on forever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6

16 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Good. As it should be. You're free to not get the vaccine, but you're also free to deal with the consequences

It'll be free to watch all the games from home.  And best of all, those not receiving a vaccine will be free of vaccine-related side-effects.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm not sure how to respond without "politics" become involved. I find it sad that vaccination is a "political issue" to begin with. Anyway...

I fully support this decision.

I echo the sentiment that I hope more businesses do this (once vaccines have been available to everyone who wants them for a requisite amount of time). I'd feel much better about going into a crowded restaurant or movie theater if I knew that everyone inside was vaccinated.

If you don't want to get vaccinated against the highly contagious and potentially deadly disease, and thus, want to continue to be a potential carrier and spreader of the disease, then fine, don't get the vaccine. That's your right as an American. But understand that there's no reason private businesses should have to let you through the door and into close proximity with the rest of their vaccinated, non COVID-spreading customers.

I do have one question: If everyone in attendance is vaccinated, will masks still be mandated in the stadium? 

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Tough ask when pretty much everyone I know who wants the vaccine has gotten it, and the only hold outs are the "my choice" crowd who don't intend on getting it.

Huge amounts of folks in my circle who are on waitlists every day. Lots of folks want vaccines and haven't been able to get a spot yet, especially in urban centers. We'll get there. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I do have one question: If everyone in attendance is vaccinated, will masks still be mandated in the stadium? 

I would guess yes... there’s been no talk about getting rid of masks for vaccinated individuals because of the different strains. 

I was watching Fauci speak and he said that because the vaccine isn’t as effective against strains of the virus that we need to continue to wear masks. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I would imagine this may be a "gametime" decision based on how the virus is going. For all we know, a variant by August may be around and isn't being knocked down by the 1st round of vaccines quite as well as hoped, and is re-infecting or getting to those even with a vaccine.

11 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

It'll be free to watch all the games from home.  And best of all, those not receiving a vaccine will be free of vaccine-related side-effects.

The side effects is Covid...

Oh wait nevermind, that was the microchip typing that....

Go Away No GIF by phlywheel

Edit: This is a smart move, especially if it can eliminate testing the day before.

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3