Vaccination will be required to attend Bills games this season, per Polancarz. [Edit: "No official vaccination policy yet" per Bills ticket office.]

Process

8 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Exactly! You should be allowed to make your own risk assessment. 

I happen to think it’s dangerous for a segment of the population to think (incorrectly) that now that they received a vaccination that they are now 100% immune and don’t have to worry about it anymore. 

I think those people are just as risky as those who don’t get the vaccine but maintain a healthy and clean regimen out of precaution. 

The one-size-fits-all approach usually means it doesn’t fit anyone. 

who thinks this? this is a pretty dangerous assumption.  i've had my vaccine, but still wear the mask and do what i have to.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

-Ronald Reagan

"Well, I learned a lot... I went down to (Latin America) to find out from them and (learn) their views. You'd be surprised. They're all individual countries"

-Ronald Reagan

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the NFL has a vaccine policy for the players too.

The NFL has said it will not be requiring the vaccine.

However, it wouldn't be a surprise if they would have alternatives, and the alternatives be not particularly palatable.

Like you can either get the vaccine, OR continue with last year's restrictions

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, K-9 said:

The Bills did not mandate this policy. Erie County, the owner of the stadium, did. It’s no different than the county mandating restrictions in its libraries, community colleges, or any other public facility they own.

Erie County doesn’t own the stadium. The Pegula’s do. They operate their business in a state, so they have to listen to state rules or move to states that allow them to conduct their businesses as they see fit. 

• Disagree 1

i'm going to put this out there as well...a member earlier mentioned that people who choose not to get the vaccine are being treated as anti-vaxxers.

just read through this thread.  the people who are attacking the most are the ones who refuse it completely...calling people sheep, stating people are blindly following what the government tell them what to do, thinking your lives are being taking over, etc.  this group wants to act persecuted, but yet they're the most attacking of the bunch.  

• Like (+1) 8

32 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

Huh?  Unless this is a rule for kids in New York, this is pretty much 100% false.  I have season tickets, live in VA, and neither of my kids were required to get vaccinations to go to school.  My 5 year old is in Kindergarten, and my 11 year old is in 5th grade.  Both have been in school all year (September through Current) 4 days per week, with Wednesdays off.  School wasn't closed for Covid, not even once.  There have only been a handful of positive Covid cases (Notifications via email) in the school building all year, and most were from employees.  Most teachers were all vaccinated a couple of months ago, and that's when the high schools actually went back to school.  No vaccination required there either.  

So, what kids had to get a vaccine to return to school?  Thank god our school district actually was in school all year.  I'm grateful to them for my kids future. It's still quite frowned upon that kids are vaccinated at this time anyway.  At least the younger kids for sure.  

I think you are over thinking this one my man. The post you quoted said "a vaccine" not "the vaccine".

Unsure about VA, but in NYS you are no longer allowed to claim religious exemption for vaccines while attending public schools. So in effect, all kids in NY are required to be vaccinated for one thing or another. I would assume that your kids are required to have some form of vaccination to start the school year down there as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Erie County doesn’t own the stadium. The Pegula’s do. They operate their business in a state, so they have to listen to state rules or move to states that allow them to conduct their businesses as they see fit. 

Actually Erie County owns it, the Bills lease it from the county.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, teef said:

who thinks this? this is a pretty dangerous assumption.  i've had my vaccine, but still wear the mask and do what i have to.

We may be done with the virus, but it’s certainly not done with us as seen by it’s mutated variants and recent uptick in positive tests in some areas. Including Erie county. Continuing to exercise an abundance of caution is just good, common sense. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

How about you guys actually define Communism because at this point I have to assume it means thing you don't like.

Communism is state ownership of nearly everything. We are a long ways away from that lol 

1 minute ago, PastaJoe said:

Actually Erie County owns it, the Bills lease it from the county.

Ok, good to know. I was wrong and I apologize. But then if they lease it, then technically do they own it and would another buyer of the team have to agree to the lease terms with the state? 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

8 minutes ago, Fallsnative01 said:

I guess I should look into this Excelsior Pass stuff.  I'm planning to come to Buffalo 2 maybe 3 times this year.

Do you think it's worth getting one?  Can non-NY residents get one?

I know you can download the app, just not sure how you would upload any vaccination data that you get from CO. I am living in COS too and have gotten my shot, and plan on going home for a couple games. The NYS website for the App says fans can bring a paper card to an event, however I dont want to travel all that way and get to the stadium only to be denied entry. The Bills hopefully will address this issue soon.

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I quickly checked the FAQ here and it looks like the data comes from New York State vaccination sites, so I think one would have to be vaccinated in NYS in order to get the pass.  It's free.

https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/excelsior-pass

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies.  I'm going to be back there in a few weeks so I'll check into it more.

Plus, all the stuff is constantly changing so who knows what inputs these "passes" will allow by the time the season rolls around.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It’s always amusing to me the rhetoric that has to be attached to those who question a rushed, conditionally approved medical treatment for a disease with a 98% survival rate. I suppose since your arguments are so clear and above reproach that stooping to ad hominem’s is your own personal flavor?

Anyway, I won’t question the vaccine process until someone of high authority in our country does.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/18/what-andrew-cuomo-kamala-harris-said-about-vaccine-skepticism/%3FoutputType%3Damp

Just saying out loud what  I have heard, read, and  seen first hand from that minority of our fellow Americans... 

I'm cool with the vax, I've already had my first dose. My only concern is more with the smartphone app being the way you are granted access. Two people within my gameday group don't even have smartphones, and I know of at least one other who is uneasy with the app itself.

6 minutes ago, teef said:

So you’re saying that nobody thinks the vaccine actually works?

That there isn’t a segment of the population who bought the hype and now believe they’re safe?

You seem pretty smart. You like the muppets. I don’t think you fall into that category. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

We may be done with the virus, but it’s certainly not done with us as seen by it’s mutated variants and recent uptick in positive tests in some areas. Including Erie county. Continuing to exercise an abundance of caution is just good,  imminent sense. 

It really does figure that despite the historically fast development of a vaccine we're still going to make this a tight race down to the finish line.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

You are misinformed. Erie County has owned the stadium since it was built. The Bills (PSE) are its chief tenant and operator.