Vaccination will be required to attend Bills games this season, per Polancarz. [Edit: "No official vaccination policy yet" per Bills ticket office.]

Process

Ok, pandemic stuff aside, a private company can deny anyone they want so if they make a vaccine cards a requirement or a negative test within an approved time, it’s their choice.  They are not mandating a vaccine.  They are just saying you can’t come to a private event.  I don’t  see the problem.

If you don’t want the vaccine for whatever reason, the entire public should respect you’re decision regardless of my thoughts or anyone else, but you don’t have a right to a private, for profit event.  Then you are forcing a private company to let you go.

do whatever guys.  For me, not getting vaccinating is dumb, but you have the right to do it.  Private companies also have the right to say, bye bye, you can’t come in.  Live with you’re own choice.  Again, don’t get vaccinated if you don’t want, but can’t push private companies t9 say great.  It’s similar to schools saying you don’t have to get regular vaccinations for school kids but you can’t come here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I guess I should look into this Excelsior Pass stuff.  I'm planning to come to Buffalo 2 maybe 3 times this year.

Do you think it's worth getting one?  Can non-NY residents get one?

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I guess I should look into this Excelsior Pass stuff.  I'm planning to come to Buffalo 2 maybe 3 times this year.

I know you can download the app, just not sure how you would upload any vaccination data that you get from CO. I am living in COS too and have gotten my shot, and plan on going home for a couple games. The NYS website for the App says fans can bring a paper card to an event, however I dont want to travel all that way and get to the stadium only to be denied entry. The Bills hopefully will address this issue soon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

EVERY decision has consequences.

Sounds like you just dont want to ever have any consequences for your decisions, and never be held accountable to anyone by anyone. That isnt "freedom". That's being dangerously self-centered and over-entitled.

You are free to choose to get the vaccination or NOT. Each choice has it's own set of consequences. Deal with it.

My body my choice, thats what they say right?

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

-Ronald Reagan

This is like bitching about the micro chip from the vaccine as you type into your phone. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I quickly checked the FAQ here and it looks like the data comes from New York State vaccination sites, so I think one would have to be vaccinated in NYS in order to get the pass.  It's free.

https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/excelsior-pass

3 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

Thank you. To me, it’s almost like the thought is, “the vaccine isn’t mandatory, but you’re just not allowed to do anything if you don’t get it.” 

I will stay out of politics, because this isn’t the place for it. But there are some who don’t want to get it because it’s literally 14 months in the making.

My biggest contention with it all is how can anyone say it’s effective and works, but then those who are vaccinated still have to live life the same way as those who aren’t? If it’s because they can still carry it, well isn’t that the problem of those who CHOSE not to get it? If you chose not to, then you understand the consequences of contracting the virus. 

So I don’t understand why we can’t get back to normal, and let those who are vaccinated feel safe, while those who aren’t live with the decision to skip the vaccine. If you could get the vaccine and live life normal again because it worked, then I’d sign up. Until then, the life of a vaccinated person is absolutely no different than mine. 

I’ll wait for the attacks now!!

Which one is it, dude? Do I get special treatment and am allowed to attend games because I got vaccinated? Or do I have to continue living the same way as those who didnt?

• Like (+1) 2

While I don't agree with it, it is their right. If it's New York government doing it, that's not exactly right. 

Especially with the issues coming up about the vaccine. 

Honestly though if a private business does something you dislike show them with your wallet, it's the only recourse. 

I would think HIPAA would actually prevent these rules from being legal, and that may prove true at a later date.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants, so long as it is black. - Henry Ford 

Then start your own business and offer better options to customers that may want or support your views or desires. You are free to do so. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s a private business. Private business can restrict freedoms. The constitution only prevents the government from restricting your freedoms guaranteed by your rights. 

You have the choice of not using a private businesses product or services based on their terms. 

It's publicly funded.  The stadium that is.  

So yea.  It's part ours.  

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

The Death Rate vs Recovery Rate has been ever widening since last year at this time. At it's height, when they were dumping all of the Covid+ in Nursing Homes or Assisted Living Facilities, the death rate was at 20.78% for the infected. Now that is down to 2.61% for the death rate. This is with millions, upon millions more cases to gather data from. It's hardly "mandatory" worthy imo, but that's just my two. If you divide the number of total cases by the number of total deaths the death rate is 2.1% for the infected. All of this is data easily found on Worldometers. 

image.thumb.png.e12142259950d1c5fd66ea11211ce47e.png

that graph....

The-End-Of-The-World-Beavis-And-Butthead

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I quickly checked the FAQ here and it looks like the data comes from New York State vaccination sites, so I think one would have to be vaccinated in NYS in order to get the pass.  It's free.

https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/excelsior-pass

ahh yeah, I would certainly hope so. don’t give anyone any ideas...

• Haha (+1) 3

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Vaccination will be required to attend Bills games this season, per Polancarz. [Edit: "No official vaccination policy yet" per Bills ticket office.]
1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

While I don't agree with it, it is their right. If it's New York government doing it, that's not exactly right. 

Especially with the issues coming up about the vaccine. 

Honestly though if a private business does something you dislike show them with your wallet, it's the only recourse. 

I would think HIPAA would actually prevent these rules from being legal, and that may prove true at a later date.

First, thank you for being the first to spell HIPAA correctly.

Second, that is still not how HIPAA works.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ok, pandemic stuff aside, a private company can deny anyone they want so if they make a vaccine cards a requirement or a negative test within an approved time, it’s their choice.  They are not mandating a vaccine.  They are just saying you can’t come to a private event.  I don’t  see the problem.

If you don’t want the vaccine for whatever reason, the entire public should respect you’re decision regardless of my thoughts or anyone else, but you don’t have a right to a private, for profit event.  Then you are forcing a private company to let you go.

do whatever guys.  For me, not getting vaccinating is dumb, but you have the right to do it.  Private companies also have the right to say, bye bye, you can’t come in.  Live with you’re own choice.  Again, don’t get vaccinated if you don’t want, but can’t push private companies t9 say great.  It’s similar to schools saying you don’t have to get regular vaccinations for school kids but you can’t come here.

Shouldn't this call come from the Pegs then and not a county? Or am I misunderstanding who is mandating it? Also, couldn't this be viewed as a form of discrimination? Not asking this trying to set people off, but they are just in general questions. 

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s a private business. Private business can restrict freedoms. The constitution only prevents the government from restricting your freedoms guaranteed by your rights. 

The Bills did not mandate this policy. Erie County, the owner of the stadium, did. It’s no different than the county mandating restrictions in its libraries, community colleges, or any other public facility they own.

• Like (+1) 1