Vaccination will be required to attend Bills games this season, per Polancarz. [Edit: "No official vaccination policy yet" per Bills ticket office.]

Process

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You're asking for a logistical nightmare and setting yourself up to be totally unprepared.

It is far easier (and better management) to put this in place now, start working on the necessary logistics, and then back it off if numbers are in a good place. Since in that case, the back up plan is simply Business As Usual.

Waiting until the last minute and then trying to cram something in is bad planning and horrible management.

It's not last minute.  

They are getting real world data right now from 40K being at an outdoor stadium every day (home games).  

I agree.  The only way to get the under 40s vaccinated is to provide an incentive.   If some grandma dies of Covid bc of transmission from someone at a Bills game, Poloncarz wants no part of that I would assume, and that makes political sense I suppose. 

The alternative I suppose is no fans at all until Covid is eliminated.   Which will never happen,BTW (elimination of Covid).  So,  .... 

Edited by ProcessTruster

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

To go to schools through high school and colleges (even private) you have to shoow MMR vaccination proof...

This is the same thing, even though Measles Mumps and Rhubella want politicized by an orange moron

"orange moron" i have gotten suspended twice within the past 5 months for offering opinions that essentially agreed with the ":orange moron" as you so "brilliantly " refer to him as.. Do you do stand up per chance? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wiseman3 said:

Good. As it should be. You're free to not get the vaccine, but you're also free to deal with the consequences

thats a pretty dumb statement. there should be consequences for me not wanting their trial vaccine.  should just have to prove you dont have the virus. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Welp, go head and laminate those vaccination cards. May need it for more than just attending a game. Never know

Download the Excelsior Pass App.

I've got a QR Code of my vax proof/Excelsior Pass stored in my Apple Wallet.  Right where my Bills (and Mets, and concerts and movies) tickets will be.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

It's not last minute.  

They are getting real world data right now from 40K being at an outdoor stadium every day (home games).  

You literally said "5 months from now" which would be September 13. Or pretty much opening weekend.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

You literally said "5 months from now" which would be September 13. Or pretty much opening weekend.

No meaning we have 5 months to study data out of states not mandating vaccines to go to near daily sports events of 40K plus.  

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I forgot to ask, how's your polio been? I can't believe the outbreak Utica just had

Come on man really? There is a huge difference between polio/Mumps etc vaccine and the Covid vaccine.  

Unless you’re trying to claim that the Covid vaccine is 100% and permanently effective?

Is that your position? If so can you provide evidence, because I haven’t seen it. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

How is this not a HIPPA violation, amazing how quickly Americans give up their freedoms and are OK with it.

These vaccines are not even FDA approved yet for standard use, its only emergency use, how the government can demand you take these experimental mRNA vaccines is crazy

You have the CHOICE of not going to the game. Nobody is forcing you to take the vaccine. 

I’ll leave the crazy talk out of it and just say my opinion that I do not agree. I support vaccines. I do not support forcing this specific vaccine on people to gather in public this fast. 
All I can see is 3-5 years from now on tv:

Have you or a loved one had (insert complications here) from the covid vaccine, please call our law offices at xxx-xxx-xxxx you could be entitled to compensation. 

But I will not make too big of a stink over this because I wasn’t going to be attending any games this year 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

It's science specific and has to nothing to do with governments as far as I'm concered. Different areas of the world have different viruses, different bacteria etc. If you want to go to another area from one area, you shouldn't be bringing that stuff into a location that doesn't have it. It's the same thing as someone introducing a non-native invasive species into an area. There is nothing inherently wrong stopping the spread of a disease or illness if it's possible and you can use common sense precautions.

Some people who are concerned government interference or requirements or overreach are those who don't actually believe in the need for any government, but when this topic comes up, all of a sudden it not being approved by the FDA (government agnecy) becomes an issue. Not saying this is you, just a general observation I have witnessed. 

This shouldn't even be a political issue imo...

It’s absolutely political.  

If we wanted to return to normal right now, given exposure, vaccine rollout, healthy pop, we could... we don’t need the govt to “allow” us to be free.  

You view this as a singular issue, but I don’t.   This comes after a year of government enforced lockdowns, mandates, school closures, now ideological vaccine passports...  for me, it’s cumulative, and as a someone who cares about my health, works out, stays in shape and doesn’t want a new vaccine for a virus I’m not worried about, it’s all too much at this point.  

If you’re vaccinated, people like me shouldn’t worry you, and we should all move on... if you have reason to be worried about people like me, then the vaccines are either A) pointless or B) the govt/corporate media has broken your will.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Thanks DrD. 

If we were taking about a virus with a 10% or even a 1% death rate, I’d agree. 

I believe the efficient way would be to vaccinate those who are too weak/susceptible to the virus and allow for the “stronger” / less susceptible to have their anti-bodies count. 

I believe this is the correct method to attain true herd immunity. 

Vaccines are not cure-all’s. Without starting a food fight over terminology Flu shots or other vaccines addressing similar viruses are not 100% either. The fact that the new guidance is prepping us for “booster” shots or continued mask mandates even with vaccinations proves the point. 

The Death Rate vs Recovery Rate has been ever widening since last year at this time. At it's height, when they were dumping all of the Covid+ in Nursing Homes or Assisted Living Facilities, the death rate was at 20.78% for the infected. Now that is down to 2.61% for the death rate. This is with millions, upon millions more cases to gather data from. It's hardly "mandatory" worthy imo, but that's just my two. If you divide the number of total cases by the number of total deaths the death rate is 2.1% for the infected. All of this is data easily found on Worldometers. 

image.thumb.png.e12142259950d1c5fd66ea11211ce47e.png

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This is the ONLY way to do this, very happy to see that those in charge are doing the right thing for the greater good of our community / society, Good on them! 

Now we will get to listen to the low intellect people complain about being required to do the smart thing, it must hurt them so very deeply to do this for the greater good of their own community. 

It’s always amusing to me the rhetoric that has to be attached to those who question a rushed, conditionally approved medical treatment for a disease with a 98% survival rate. I suppose since your arguments are so clear and above reproach that stooping to ad hominem’s is your own personal flavor?

Anyway, I won’t question the vaccine process until someone of high authority in our country does.....

I’m not that confident,” Cuomo said, adding: “You’re going to say to the American people now, ‘Here’s a vaccine, it was new, it was done quickly, but trust this federal administration and their health administration that it’s safe? And we’re not 100 percent sure of the consequences.’ I think it’s going to be a very skeptical American public about taking the vaccine, and they should be.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/18/what-andrew-cuomo-kamala-harris-said-about-vaccine-skepticism/%3FoutputType%3Damp

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Big Blitz said:

No meaning we have 5 months to study data out of states not mandating vaccines to go to near daily sports events of 40K plus.  

And they will continue to look at that data, as well as local vaccination rates. And then they can always back this off very easily.

Which is the point you are missing.

It is easier to say this now and back it off, than not say this and try to enact it at the last minute.

• Like (+1) 1