Vaccination will be required to attend Bills games this season, per Polancarz. [Edit: "No official vaccination policy yet" per Bills ticket office.]

Process

1 minute ago, chknwing334 said:

But your opinion is completely wrong. You claimed it was a violation, I’m interested in hearing why you came to that conclusion. Nobody is disclosing your private medical info. You would be voluntarily offering information if you choose to go to a game. 

Why should i have to disclose anything about my medical info??? to go to a game? i realize i DONT have to go.. Who has the cred to make the call regarding the requirement ?? Mark Poloncarcz? (hope i spelled his name right) 

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

While the "previously infected" crowd technically counts in the classic definition of herd immunity, it's a bad way to shape public policy.

There is a fine line between "previously infected" and "culling the herd".

Herd immunity via infection is usually pretty deadly. And we've already had more than enough of that.

Thanks DrD. 

If we were taking about a virus with a 10% or even a 1% death rate, I’d agree. 

I believe the efficient way would be to vaccinate those who are too weak/susceptible to the virus and allow for the “stronger” / less susceptible to have their anti-bodies count. 

I believe this is the correct method to attain true herd immunity. 

Vaccines are not cure-all’s. Without starting a food fight over terminology Flu shots or other vaccines addressing similar viruses are not 100% either. The fact that the new guidance is prepping us for “booster” shots or continued mask mandates even with vaccinations proves the point. 

• Like (+1) 1

How is this not a HIPPA violation, amazing how quickly Americans give up their freedoms and are OK with it.

These vaccines are not even FDA approved yet for standard use, its only emergency use, how the government can demand you take these experimental mRNA vaccines is crazy

Edited by Mrbojanglezs
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Is it inevitable in Florida or Texas?  

They have full crowds.  Seems we should wait to pass edicts for 5 months from now see how things work out.  

You're asking for a logistical nightmare and setting yourself up to be totally unprepared.

It is far easier (and better management) to put this in place now, start working on the necessary logistics, and then back it off if numbers are in a good place. Since in that case, the back up plan is simply Business As Usual.

Waiting until the last minute and then trying to cram something in is bad planning and horrible management.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

They have full crowds.  Seems we should wait to pass edicts for 5 months from now see how things work out.  

I live in Texas and there's a lot of misinformation about what's happening down here. All the "covid rules" are still in effect pretty much everywhere. The only thing that changed down here is the state politicians figured they could score points by removing the state restrictions damn well knowing that nothing would change and all the restrictions would be still be in place. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

How is this not a HIPPA violation, amazing how quickly Americans give up their freedoms and are OK with it.

Amazing how many people here want to point to HIPAA and dont even know how to spell it.

Much like the Bible, the Constitution, and 1984. The most quoted works by folks who never read them.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm always optimistic.

Although, living in California, your optimism and your money has a tendency to fade fast.

2 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Why should i have to disclose anything about my medical info??? to go to a game? i realize i DONT have to go.. Who has the cred to make the call regarding the requirement ?? Mark Poloncarcz? (hope i spelled his name right) 

To go to schools through high school and colleges (even private) you have to shoow MMR vaccination proof...

This is the same thing, even though Measles Mumps and Rhubella want politicized by an orange moron

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I'm simply amazed at the obedience level of some people, to the point where they can be vaccinated and think continuing to wear a mask indefinitely is perfectly reasonable.

If you're vaccinated against Covid, why do you care what other people do? Texas and Florida are doing fine without implementing this nonsense. I don't know if I'll get the vaccine or not but I still believe in the principle of freedom and you should be able to choose what is injected into your body. Fastest vaccine to market ever, limited testing, unknown long term side effects...there are plenty of reasons to decline. Now we are being conditioned to call those people "anti-vaxxers" even if they support every other vaccine.

It's crazy.

It's not about obedience.  It's the right thing to do for your fellow citizens.

All of the people refusing the vaccine are going to permit the virus to continue to circulate at a high level, which increases the mutation rate.  This increases the chances significantly that all of the Billions spent on vaccine research and development so far will be diminished, as will as the efforts by all of us who were "obedient" when a mutation emerges that is not recognized by our vaccinated immune systems and we have to start all over again.

It's not crazy.  It's called science and doing what's right for your fellow man.  And its the best chance we have to knocking this thing down so we can get back to some semblance of normalcy in the near future.  You do realize that this thing is NOT going away on its own, right?  All it's done is mutate into a number of variants that are even more contagious and deadly then the original.  It isn't the seasonal flu where it dies off at the end of April and doesn't come back until November.  This virus killed people all summer long last year.

I am not interested in watching mutations of this virus going on killing another half million people a year in this country while we all have to wear masks and be restricted from public activities for another year or two.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Amazing how many people here want to point to HIPAA and dont even know how to spell it.

Much like the Bible, the Constitution, and 1984. The most quoted works by folks who never read them.

Or even if they do, understand them.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Thanks DrD. 

If we were taking about a virus with a 10% or even a 1% death rate, I’d agree. 

I believe the efficient way would be to vaccinate those who are too weak/susceptible to the virus and allow for the “stronger” / less susceptible to have their anti-bodies count. 

I believe this is the correct method to attain true herd immunity. 

Vaccines are not cure-all’s. Without starting a food fight over terminology Flu shots or other vaccines addressing similar viruses are not 100% either. The fact that the new guidance is prepping us for “booster” shots or continued mask mandates even with vaccinations proves the point. 

It's not just the death rate tho. There are long term effects from COVID that we already know of. Chronic fatigue, lung damage, etc.

I'd much rather have my kid vaccinated than possibly cause them physical damage over the rest of their life.

If given a choice, I'm taking a vaccine over getting the actual virus every time.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Govt. mandates that you have a driver's license.

True, but if it was a mandatory injected computer chip that can be scanned by a police officer, people would react similarly. 

Try to Keep it Apples to Apples man :)

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I live in Texas and there's a lot of misinformation about what's happening down here. All the "covid rules" are still in effect pretty much everywhere. The only thing that changed down here is the state politicians figured they could score points by removing the state restrictions damn well knowing that nothing would change and all the restrictions would be still be in place. 

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story

• Like (+1) 1

Asked if refunds were available for those who wish not to comply.  Got this response.

"

As we did last year, we will continue to cooperate and comply with all New York State and local government regulations regarding our sporting events. There is no official vaccination policy in place at this time.

We will communicate any attendance requirements to Season Ticket Members if there are any official policy changes.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.: