Vaccination will be required to attend Bills games this season, per Polancarz. [Edit: "No official vaccination policy yet" per Bills ticket office.]

Process

My dad just died Wednesday, from some type of lung infection.  Not sure if it was covid or just a side effect of Alzheimer's. All I know is, I got the vaccine ASAP in hopes of being able to travel and see him for the first time in a year, but he passed away the day after my 2nd shot, on my sister's birthday (of all days). He lived in a state where masks aren't mandated and people generally don't want to get vaccinated. I'm glad Erie county is taking this position, since a crowd of 70,000 people could spread covid like wildfire. Either way, no one I know who's been vaccinated has had many side effects, other than a couple people with a 24 hour fever. But that's better than hospitalization or death...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

Countries can reject entry to anyone they want for any reason, and they always could. That's the essence of sovereignty.

Just like the government in the US, a country, can say you can't come to the game unless you are vaccinated...

You're rejected

2 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

You forgot to include those with actual anti-bodies. Much more effective than vaccines in 100% of instances. 

While you can’t directly add the number of infected to the number vaccinated as there will be considerable overlap, you can at a minimum count all positive cases over the last year as having anti-bodies.

Vaccines are a substitute for those who don’t. We’re closer to the 70% than you realize.

This is a good thing 

But no one makes money off anti-bodies, so I fully expect them to not be taken into consideration. 

While the "previously infected" crowd technically counts in the classic definition of herd immunity, it's a bad way to shape public policy.

There is a fine line between "previously infected" and "culling the herd".

Herd immunity via infection is usually pretty deadly. And we've already had more than enough of that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

If you travel abroad they ask for vaccination proof as well, sane is required for entry into this country.  It really isn't that unreasonable at all 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Unless you sneak across the southern border.  In that case you're good to go.

• Like (+1) 4

The same people that voluntarily offer their total obedience to the government when it comes to vaccinations are the very same people who'd burn the stadium and the county executive's house to the ground if the government banned alcohol sales inside the stadium or gave you a lifetime ban for fighting in the stands.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes, I believe it was fully vaccinated.

I dont know. It is good that we got that many done in such a short time. But the problem now is, for every person already vaccinated, we each need to find 2 more that havent been and convince them to get vaccinated. And that will still only get us just over 60% of the adult population. Tough ask when pretty much everyone I know who wants the vaccine has gotten it, and the only hold outs are the "my choice" crowd who don't intend on getting it.

I find it funny that many can state this fact (<30% vaccination) and still think they hold the majority opinion on the matter. 🤷‍♂️

That said, It’s the NFLs product and I’m sure their insurance had a LOT to do with the decision. Going to a football game (vs going to work) is a completely voluntary event. 

If you don’t want to meet their standards, you don’t have to go. There are many other mediums to get NFL action. 

This shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Just like the government in the US, a country, can say you can't come to the have unless you are vaccinated...

You're rejected

No, that's not even close to the same thing. The government has no obligation to foreigners, unlike its citizenry.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I live in VA and always watch the Bills on TV or my phone anyway. Doesn't affect me personally. :thumbsup:

Same here.  I've worn the mask and I've gotten the two shots of Pfizer, but I enjoy going maskless when I watch football.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, jmurphy8475 said:

Vaccines are against my religion so, I will be suing for discrimination.

While I'm a 47 year season ticket holder that's fully vaccinated, I'm not totally comfortable with this edict from our politicians, but not for religious reasons.  But I do think you're correct, there will be a number of lawsuits filed objecting to this.  First of all, all these vaccines are so far only experimental.  They have not been fullly approved by the FDA. Will they be approved by September?  Highly unlikely.  And what about the Canadian fans, a significant portion of our season ticket base?  Will they have the opportunity to be vaccinated by then?  Will their vaccination data be capable of showing up in the Excelsior app? What if they've had the Astrazeneca shot? That hasn't even been given emergency use authorization here in the states. Will the border even be open?  I don't think everyone has totally thought this through yet.  But I do see a big money-making opportunity for the lawyers.

5 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

My dad just died Wednesday, from some type of lung infection.  Not sure if it was covid or just a side effect of Alzheimer's. All I know is, I got the vaccine ASAP in hopes of being able to travel and see him for the first time in a year, but he passed away the day after my 2nd shot, on my sister's birthday (of all days). He lived in a state where masks aren't mandated and people generally don't want to get vaccinated. I'm glad Erie county is taking this position, since a crowd of 70,000 people could spread covid like wildfire. Either way, no one I know who's been vaccinated has had many side effects, other than a couple people with a 24 hour fever. But that's better than hospitalization or death...

My father passed away from Covid on April 18th last year, he should have lived long enough to pass from natural causes in another 15 to 20 years and not from his other minor health issues. The problem is the ones who cry about their sovereignty impact others sovereignty by their choices. If you live in the woods and never interact with others, that's one thing but, you don't...

It's as simple as don't be a dick

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The same people that voluntarily offer their total obedience to the government when it comes to vaccinations are the very same people who'd burn the stadium and the county executive's house to the ground if the government banned alcohol sales inside the stadium or gave you a lifetime ban for fighting in the stands.

Just when you thought the takes couldn’t possibly get any spicier up in here! 😂 

Anyways, second jab next week, see

youse fellow drunken, fat sheep at the stadium in the fall!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad.  I'm in a similar situation right now.  Just got my 2nd shot and happy I got it as fast as I did.

I'm booking a flight back to Buffalo as we speak to see my younger brother who is going through his fight against the C word.

I wasn't going to do that until I was reasonably assured not to add to his issues.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Violation of HIPPA  law.. 

No, it's not. By going to the game, you're making the choice to share your health information. No one is forcing you to go to the game, no one is stealing your information. 

Perhaps you should do some more research on what HIPPA is

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Personally, I won't get it. If anything I'll just catch a Bills away game in the future, unless every NFL team follows suit. And if they do? I have my choice of quality TV's to watch the game on at home. If you do get the vaccine? Cool. If you're like me and you don't? Cool. It's everyone's own choice. I knew this was coming though. I've been saying since they started talking about "Operation Warp Speed" and the Covid vax last year. At first it will be offered to those who want it. Then they would use propaganda to "encourage" you to get it. Then they would use exclusion of the non-vax to try to make those on the fence leaning towards "not" instead get it. Then the pressure will get turned up at some point and they will try make people get it through various stipulations of what you can or can't do without it. Finally, they will attempt to make it mandatory. I say attempt because some people will still resist. We'll see how it plays out, but I think we're moving fairly quick through the stages.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1