FA CB TJ Carrie visiting Bills

Logic

23 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

So is TJ Carrie a boundary CB?  6'0" and 204 so my guess is outside guy.

2 picks in limited role last year with Colts.  

Based on this blurb from last year maybe not

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/9/10/21429392/film-room-what-to-expect-from-tj-carrie-as-the-colts-primary-depth-cornerback

Where I worry is if he has to fill in for a player like Rock Ya-Sin or Xavier Rhodes on the outside. He just hasn’t shown anything on film to give me confidence in his ability as an outside corner. 

29 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

So is TJ Carrie a boundary CB?  6'0" and 204 so my guess is outside guy.

2 picks in limited role last year with Colts.  

He can play both.  He played better in the slot last year though.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He can play both.  He played better in the slot last year though.

Thanks for that detail.  Sounds like he could be a good vet fit finally.  Beane needs that before the draft being how thin the room is right now.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Yet another FA that no one in here mentioned or wanted before today. Beane is just too sneaky!

It does show that most of us do not have the Knowledge/ skills that Mr Beane has... 

3 hours ago, Frat-Train said:

Could be a sneaky signing.  I remember him cashing in after his big 2017.  Solid acquisition in the mold of EJ Gaines, (but with the potential to not get injured by rampant fruit flies and hovering clouds.)

I like that.....Gaines literally is a starting corner in this league if he ever had the ability to stay healthy (or at least he was)

• Like (+1) 1

With TJ Carrie visiting with the Bills then signing with the Colts again... do you think, in the time he spent talking to Bills recruiters/coaches, he would have gained any key insights into the fine detail of how the Bills defensive scheme works?  Information that would be used by the Colts offence next time we play?

Genuine question as I'm not sure what format these visits take or what gets talked about.

3 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

With TJ Carrie visiting with the Bills then signing with the Colts again... do you think, in the time he spent talking to Bills recruiters/coaches, he would have gained any key insights into the fine detail of how the Bills defensive scheme works?  Information that would be used by the Colts offence next time we play?

Genuine question as I'm not sure what format these visits take or what gets talked about.

No.   Everyone knows what the Bills defense is trying to do.    That's become part of the problem.   The scheme and same personnel in the back 7 have been together for a relatively long time now and teams have adjusted.   

On 4/13/2021 at 2:02 PM, Logic said:

I don't think Carrie signing would affect draft plans, other than making it so that corner isn't a crying need.

Beane seems to sign a low cost veteran cornerback every single year, often late in the offseason.

EJ Gaines
Vontae Davis
Kevin Johnson
Josh Norman

In any case, it's nice to have a GM who fills all "needs" PRIOR to the draft, so that he can truly take the best player available without feeling the pressure to absolutely HAVE to fill certain positions.

This is exactly it. I don’t understand how people think signing a one year vet changes anything draft wise.

When you’re in the position the Bills are in you draft whomever you believe can be a long term starter, regardless of position. 

When you have to pay your franchise qb you need talented players holding down spots on low contracts. It’s how you stay viable long term. Blows my mind when people think signing a one year vet, for depth most likely would change anything in their long term plans. 

Just glad our GM doesn’t seem to share these myopic hot takes. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No.   Everyone knows what the Bills defense is trying to do.    That's become part of the problem.   The scheme and same personnel in the back 7 have been together for a relatively long time now and teams have adjusted.   

Interesting point.  They can do only so much with pre snap disguise.  And they're always adding wrinkles, but I think you're correct.  The Bills aren't surprising anyone with their defense. Of course, that's pretty much true for every team.