Anybody Watching The Jeopardy Guest Hosts? Opinion?

Irv

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I enjoyed Ken Jennings.  Rodgers was out of his element and it showed.

Rodgers was HORRIBLE.  But if you ask him ....

"I know they didn't expect what I was about to bring, but I was just so prepared," Rodgers said. "I was so ready. So we get into the first game, the first run-through, there's 30 questions in a Jeopardy round, and after the first 15 questions, we go to break. They say it in your earpiece, 'Take it to break.' So I take it to break, and there was a pause, and I think everyone was like, 'Whoa, OK, this guy kind of knows what he's doing here.'

Such a dick.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31183282/what-film-room-aaron-rodgers-studied-no-other-crush-jeopardy-guest-host

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

Rodgers was HORRIBLE.  But if you ask him ....

"I know they didn't expect what I was about to bring, but I was just so prepared," Rodgers said. "I was so ready. So we get into the first game, the first run-through, there's 30 questions in a Jeopardy round, and after the first 15 questions, we go to break. They say it in your earpiece, 'Take it to break.' So I take it to break, and there was a pause, and I think everyone was like, 'Whoa, OK, this guy kind of knows what he's doing here.'

Such a dick.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31183282/what-film-room-aaron-rodgers-studied-no-other-crush-jeopardy-guest-host

My wife who has no clue who the guy is said "Man, this guy is pretty smug, whoever he is."

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/28/2021 at 9:51 AM, LeviF said:

LeVar Burton is great.  Pronunciation on point.  Maybe slow it down a little but other than that I have no complaints and think he's perfect for the job.

He needs to relax a bit. You can see he really wants this!

If they hire LeVar, that show is done.  I really like him.  Seems like a great guy but not the one.  Hate to admit it but I liked Anderson Cooper the best.  Buzzy a strong second. 

Edited by Irv

On 7/31/2021 at 12:58 PM, Irv said:

If they hire LeVar, that show is done.  I really like him.  Seems like a great guy but not the one.  Hate to admit it but I liked Anderson Cooper the best.  Fuzzy a strong second.  

I agree LeVar would not make it....first night was a disaster , he calmed down some but lacks something....  I like Miamym Bailak, the neuoroligist and actor.  She was spontaneous, and the contestants and audience  both reacted to her in a way that no other test run candidate managed to do.  After her, I like Ken Jennings as he also had the spontaneous responses needed to keep watchers engaged.  Rogers is no go because I want him playing football for 6 more years, and he was a little stiff.  I didn't like Richards, to automatic and lacked flair.  No other serious contenders imho.

Just now, bigK14094 said:

I agree LeVar would not make it....first night was a disaster , he calmed down some but lacks something....  I like Miamym Bailak, the neuoroligist and actor.  She was spontaneous, and the contestants and audience  both reacted to her in a way that no other test run candidate managed to do.  After her, I like Ken Jennings as he also had the spontaneous responses needed to keep watchers engaged.  Rogers is no go because I want him playing football for 6 more years, and he was a little stiff.  I didn't like Richards, to automatic and lacked flair.  No other serious contenders imho.

One more thing....this decision won't be made by the seat of the pants.  The corporate guys at (Sony?) will be doing surveys, they will be doing interviews, they will  doing clinics with viewers.  The data will matter .  This is a big time corporate decision, as Jeoprady is a valueable corporate property, and they can't afford to get it wrong.   I also think its possible that they do something inovative in splitting the job somehow.

On 7/31/2021 at 12:58 PM, Irv said:

If they hire LeVar, that show is done.  I really like him.  Seems like a great guy but not the one.  Hate to admit it but I liked Anderson Cooper the best.  Buzzy a strong second. 

What if he wears the Geordi visor?

• Like (+1) 2

Mike Richards in Advanced Negotiations to Become Permanent Host of ‘Jeopardy!’

“Jeopardy!” executive producer Mike Richards is in advanced negotiations with Sony Pictures Television to become permanent host of the venerable quiz show, taking the reins of the syndicated powerhouse that was fronted by Alex Trebek for 36 years.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/28/2021 at 9:51 AM, LeviF said:

LeVar Burton is great.  Pronunciation on point.  Maybe slow it down a little but other than that I have no complaints and think he's perfect for the job.

He was a train wreck.  So! Happy! To! Be! Here!  Yes!

In a blowout game he was acting as though the contestant with $1200 was still in it during Final Jeopardy.  No sarcasm, no wit — just an overly excitable nice guy rooting everyone on.  That’s not Jeopardy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

He was a train wreck.  So! Happy! To! Be! Here!  Yes!

In a blowout game he was acting as though the contestant with $1200 was still in it during Final Jeopardy.  No sarcasm, no wit — just an overly excitable nice guy rooting everyone on.  That’s not Jeopardy.

Jeopardy! is a trivia game show

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Jeopardy! is a trivia game show

It didn’t survive this long because some cheery “go get em!” host was running things.  Trebek made Jeopardy what it is, not the other way around.

1 minute ago, eball said:

It didn’t survive this long because some cheery “go get em!” host was running things.  Trebek made Jeopardy what it is, not the other way around.

By sarcastically dunking on players out of the running in Final.

6 minutes ago, LeviF said:

By sarcastically dunking on players out of the running in Final.

I suppose you want the players to go straight down the categories in order of low to high dollar value too…

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.