Anybody Watching The Jeopardy Guest Hosts? Opinion?

Irv

I don’t like her politics, but So far I think Katie Couric has been the best. I think Aaron Rogers has done an ok job but has been the most stiff.  When he does the “meet the contestants” round he seems like he could care less about them.  What do you think? 

I like Dr. Oz the best, so far, hands down.  I know absolutely nothing about him outside of this, other than that he's a talk show host.  I think he's been the most comfortable and the smoothest guest host to this point.

Aaron Rodgers is horrible.  Hard to watch/listen to.

I thought Mike Richards was good, but not great.  Ken Jennings ... no.  I found Katie Couric very dry, stoic, robotic and boring.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 2

I haven’t really been able to watch. Just makes me sad. My wife tried to show me a clue and I hated whichever host it was. 

I think at the end of it we’ll find they keep none of these folks on permanently and it was just a nice way to get over the hump of no Alex for the next permanent host. 

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I watched Katie Curic and she felt like a robot with her tone and rapid pace. 

Ms. Couric seems to have been afforded any number of platforms (network news anchor, talk show host) without greatly gathering audiences.  I fully expect some network executive will have her throwing dice on the revival of 'High Rollers'.

On 4/12/2021 at 8:01 PM, Just Jack said:

Mike Richards is my favorite so far. 

For me it isn't even close. Since he is the producer I guess you can say he has home field advantage but there's a reason companies sometimes promote from within even though they do due diligence and look outside the company...those that have been with the company for a while know the business. If guest hosting has been the interview, he gets the job.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:50 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

LeVar Burton or bust!

NONE of these guest hosts are qualified to pick up where Alex Trebek left off.

I can't help myself from wanting someone "like Alex," to get the job, but I have to get over that.  I just hope they don't try to go in a completely different direction.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/14/2021 at 7:56 AM, Steve O said:

For me it isn't even close. Since he is the producer I guess you can say he has home field advantage but there's a reason companies sometimes promote from within even though they do due diligence and look outside the company...those that have been with the company for a while know the business. If guest hosting has been the interview, he gets the job.

he was hired to get the job and it’ll be his to lose — this whole charade is to ease the transition.

Stepping in to take over immediately after trebek is a much harder process than having some fun first and handing the reigns less directly from trebek to him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.