Edelman released

2 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

Every NFL fan other than Patriots* fans feels that way.  It has nothing to do with being a hopeless homer, and everything to do with the fact that Patriots* fans have shown themselves to be bandwagoners, unethical, abrasive, and arrogant.  While Bills fans have been charitable, insanely loyal through horrible seasons, and unlike 90% of Patriots* fans, can name a player that played before Brady came into the league.  

B.S.  I hear this argument all the time, and then the follow up to this is * I spoke to a patriot fan the other day and they couldn't blah blah.* It's convenient that this scenario to a rival fan comes up and it's always followed by this example. Apparently you are coming across the wrong fan. Cause that is not the case even percentage wise. The team almost moved to connecticut back in 94 and it was fans who fought keep the team in Foxboro, Ma. I am sure there are fans born after 2000 that have a different perceptive obviously they never knew the bad times when their games weren't even televised but this selective examples are always funny to read from rival fans. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

8 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I think they will always be competitive as long as B.B is there with the defense. Just won't be the kind of "hard to defeat" team they were for so long. I doubt lightning strikes twice and they land another Brady.

See that's the problem....what they did would NEVER HAPPENED again! the league is not made that way and like you said lighting doesn't strike twice. But anyone with a brain is not thinking that way. the Organization itself ain't thinking that way. Of course the goal is to win a SB, its like that for every team. But it's far fetch to strive to duplicate that kind history.  

And seeing how you guys are acting, i know damn well you will be pist if they are still capable of winning a division title. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

B.S.  I hear this argument all the time, and then the follow up to this is * I spoke to a patriot fan the other day and they couldn't blah blah.* It's convenient that this scenario to a rival fan comes up and it's always followed by this example. Apparently you are coming across the wrong fan. Cause that is not the case even percentage wise. The team almost moved to connecticut back in 94 and it was fans who fought keep the team in Foxboro, Ma. I am sure their are fans born after 2000 that have a different perceptive obviously they never knew the bad times when their games weren't even televised but this selective examples are always funny to ready from rival fans. 

I know this post isn't for me, but that's reason I said not all Pats fan are like that. Speaking for myself, I come across many Pats fans and when they see me in Bills gear it usually starts a conversation.

I absolutely had a few that were really die hard and knew their stuff. Could name players from the 80's etc. But the ones that became fans after 2002 out numbered the real deal fans by far. Just kinda weird.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

See that's the problem....what they did would NEVER HAPPENED again! the league is not made that way and like you said lighting doesn't strike twice. But anyone with a brain is not thinking that way. the Organization itself ain't thinking that way. Of course the goal is to win a SB, its like that for every team. But it's far fetch to strive to duplicate that kind history.  

And seeing how you guys are acting, i know damn well you will be pist if they are still capable of winning a division title. 

Well, I didn't think I was acting in any sort of way. I am having a civil conversation. So I thought lol

46 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The Pats* can compete, but they will have to struggle like the rest of the league without an answer at QB. 

Ahh ok, but if you look, besides a handful of teams, the bar overall is not high. Every year it changes.  The Eagles are how many years removed from their SB. Do they look like they are close to making another run? Seattle Seahawks had this over powering defense, and where are they now? Saints and Packers have HOF QBs and could only mustard one SB a piece. The bar overall is not very high and a lot of teams still can't get out of their own way. If the patriots can field a competitive team they can still be very successful because of who their coach is. Now i said can be very successful and I not talking about going on another 20 year run. 

35 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well, I didn't think I was acting in any sort of way. I am having a civil conversation. So I thought lol

No my post to you is not trying to attack. It was a general thought, i wasn't trying to come off as being abrasive to you, please do not take it that way. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 1

At this point, I'd say the Patriots have as much of a fanbase in Boston/NE as the Red Sox and Celtics do.  They were the underachievers in a crappy stadium until Kraft bought the team, now they're equals with the Red Sox and Celtics as far as Boston is concerned.  After close to 30 years of consistent success and high expectations, the fan base is a byproduct of that.  Can't overlook that their franchise is now #7 in the world and #2 in the NFL behind the Cowboys.

Trying to profile their fans as anything less than that is wishful homerism.  Of course we can have a partisan opinion, it just feels better, but doesn't make it accurate.  

Regardless...Go Bills, and wings are better than chowdah, but I'll make an exception for fresh Lawbstah any day.  

2 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

Every NFL fan other than Patriots* fans feels that way.  It has nothing to do with being a hopeless homer, and everything to do with the fact that Patriots* fans have shown themselves to be bandwagoners, unethical, abrasive, and arrogant.  While Bills fans have been charitable, insanely loyal through horrible seasons, and unlike 90% of Patriots* fans, can name a player that played before Brady came into the league.  

Most of our fans are the same age as their fans and can't name players they never watched, its kind of normal... As for the unethical, abrasive, and arrogant vs charitable, insanely loyal, etc. I guess we'll have to wait and see about that and I'd like to have the opportunity to experience extended winning and high expectations again.

I do recall fellow Bills fans taunting other teams fans at home games from 88-93 with a certain "swagger" (see abrasive, and arrogant).  With winning comes a sense of entitlement and I don't think we'll handle it any better than "them".  Its human nature, its American and it will definitely be amplified for a fan base that so badly wants to win after 20 years of futility.  A SB win would wash away wide right and music city miracle pain in an instant.

25 minutes ago, P Riv said:

At this point, I'd say the Patriots have as much of a fanbase in Boston/NE as the Red Sox and Celtics do.  They were the underachievers in a crappy stadium until Kraft bought the team, now they're equals with the Red Sox and Celtics as far as Boston is concerned.  After close to 30 years of consistent success and high expectations, the fan base is a byproduct of that.  Can't overlook that their franchise is now #7 in the world and #2 in the NFL behind the Cowboys.

Trying to profile their fans as anything less than that is wishful homerism.  Of course we can have a partisan opinion, it just feels better, but doesn't make it accurate.  

Regardless...Go Bills, and wings are better than chowdah, but I'll make an exception for fresh Lawbstah any day.  

Most fans doesn't mean the best fans.  Often times it means the opposite.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

How about those "real fans" that say, "My team used to be such an such.....now my team is the Patriots". Lol, have heard that way too many times over the years too. Also this one here...."I was hard core Pats fan til Brady left, now I like the Bucs". Lol, so those particular people were not Pats fans as they claimed, just Brady fans. Those 2 types are sole definition of bandwagon fans. 

Have you by chance were ever blessed enough to have the pleasure in speaking with those supposed "serious fans" lol? 

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

In my opinion, neither are Hall of Fame worthy.  The Hall is supposed to be reserved for greatness.

You're pry right.  His argument would be that he redefined the modern slot position.  It's a similar debate with Tasker.  Does excelling in a niche role qualify you for the HOF?

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You're pry right.  His argument would be that he redefined the modern slot position.  It's a similar debate with Tasker.  Does excelling in a niche role qualify you for the HOF?

I think it should be a factor imo. I believe Tasker will eventually one of these years make it in. I would think players that succeed to the point they are really good/great at multiple positions should be a factor in getting in HOF.

As far as the Edelman discussion though, I'd say he did make an impact in playing more than 1 position, but the PED thing alone should/would be enough to keep him out imo

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I think it should be a factor imo. I believe Tasker will eventually one of these years make it in. I would think players that succeed to the point they are really good/great at multiple positions should be a factor in getting in HOF.

As far as the Edelman discussion though, I'd say he did make an impact in playing more than 1 position, but the PED thing alone should/would be enough to keep him out imo

I was referring to Welker.  Edelman doesn't deserve to work the snack bar at the HOF.

3 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I know this post isn't for me, but that's reason I said not all Pats fan are like that. Speaking for myself, I come across many Pats fans and when they see me in Bills gear it usually starts a conversation.

I absolutely had a few that were really die hard and knew their stuff. Could name players from the 80's etc. But the ones that became fans after 2002 out numbered the real deal fans by far. Just kinda weird.

That poster is a blind loyalist  Pats fan. I really wish our mods would get them out of here. They offer little value to any conversation and think the Bills are the Pats little brother. Even though the Bills destroyed the Pats in the most recent game. The poster also seems to be getting worse and worse with their posting etiquette.  I have a feeling it’s only a matter of time till they are booted.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

16 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

That poster is a blind loyalist  Pats fan. I really wish our mods would get them out of here. They offer little value to any conversation and think the Bills are the Pats little brother. Even though the Bills destroyed the Pats in the most recent game. The poster also seems to be getting worse and worse with their posting etiquette.  I have a feeling it’s only a matter of time till they are booted.

You may be right, but I have not had an issue with him so far. Also you may be right about just being another arrogant Pats fan. I don't know, I have come across many of them. Like more than any other teams fans. I don't know, maybe I cross paths with so many Pats fans because it's a division rival thing.

But at same time  it's not as bad with Jets and Fins fans as with the Pats ones. Maybe it's just me and the area I'm in (which is weird b/c I'm in NC). It's many bandwagon fans in the area. More Pats than you would think, well they used to be Pats fans. Lots have jumped on Tampa with Brady.

Wonder what they will do when Brady finally decides to stop taking Super Power meds and retires? Probably hitch their wagon on Chiefs and PM.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

[b]That poster is a blind loyalist  Pats fan. I really wish our mods would get them out of here[/b]. They offer little value to any conversation and think the Bills are the Pats little brother. Even though the Bills destroyed the Pats in the most recent game. The poster also seems to be getting worse and worse with their posting etiquette.  I have a feeling it’s only a matter of time till they are booted.

I am a blind Pats loyalist because I challenged you on a point you tried to make? Like don't turn around and get upset because someone decides to have a debate with you, whether you're talking bills or another team. Which you were talking about the patriots, I did nothing to be removed I didnt call you any names and didn't think I insulted you and i dont even remembered being negative about the bills franchise. The only thing i sat here and did as far as you are concern was correct your assumption you made.  I have had plenty of peaceful back n forths with bills fans here, as I said i been here all season long. Apparently you can't take it. Well...just put me on ignore then, and I will just not pay attention to your posts myself since you get bent out of shape easily. Cool. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

44 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I am a blind Pats loyalist because I challenged you on a point you tried to make? Like don't turn around and get upset because someone decides to have a debate with you, whether you're talking bills or another team. Which you were talking about the patriots, I did nothing to be removed I didnt call you any names and didn't think I insulted you and i dont even remembered being negative about the bills franchise. The only thing i sat here and did as far as you are concern was correct your assumption you made.  I have had plenty of peaceful back n forths with bills fans here, as I said i been here all season long. Apparently you can't take it. Well...just put me on ignore then, and I will just not pay attention to your posts myself since you get bent out of shape easily. Cool. 

I don’t think I got bent out of shape.  It’s just turning into a thing where Pats fans are coming in here during the offseason to talk about the glory of 2000-2019. During the season you are nowhere to be found. 

26 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I don’t think I got bent out of shape.  It’s just turning into a thing where Pats fans are coming in here during the offseason to talk about the glory of 2000-2019. During the season you are nowhere to be found.

Do your research....it's not hard to click on my name and see when and what I have posted here. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

On 4/12/2021 at 8:37 PM, Ghost_002! said:

He has been in the league for over 10 years and all you can find is a documentary he produced himself ?

I guess u do not realize the day n age u are in..athletes are doing podcast, and producing shows, and alot of it is about themselves.

It's not narcissistic its called controlling your brand. 

Mad it wasn't you? 

Not at all, he's not my type.