Edelman released

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

So you understand hating a team because their fans are douchebags but you cannot understand hating a team because the actual players on the team are douchebags?  Both are irrational viewpoints that we as sports fanatics are guilty of.  I don't know how you're splitting the hair to think one is more justified or normal than the other.  

Sorry, should have made it clear. I find the level and intensity of vitriol to be very weird.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Let me lay out the case:

- It has been illegal to hit Brady for most of his career. 

- There are at least 2 known rules that were changed/added to the books because of Tom Brady. 

- No player in sports has lobbied the officials more effectively than Tom Brady through his incessant whining. 

- He walked out on his pregnant baby mama to shack up with another woman. 

- He might be more vain than his model wife and has had more cosmetic surgery than Joan Rivers, including nose job, chin/jaw implant, hair plugs.

- He kisses his children on the mouth which is weird..

- Despite his immense wealth, he still sells snake oil at exorbitant prices like Concussion Water.  Some of the claims he makes about his products are straight up irresponsible at best, dangerous at worst.

- He once modeled Uggs.

- He maintained a side business arrangement with Bob Kraft which still looks like a blatant skirting of the NFL salary cap and major competitive advantage.

- He handled his deflate gate scandal with all the transparency and humility that we would expect from a Patriot and then had the audacity to complain about his punishment.

In summary, has been an entitled, petulant, douchebag through the entirety of his career and no one is required to kiss his ass just because of his on-field accomplishments.  No one gushes about MJ the person just because he put a ball in the hoop better than anyone else.  

1&2 aren't his fault

3 is done by literally every player in the league. Diggs got a few PI calls this way and we all cheered.

4 didn't hear about that, but I don't trust you've framed that fairly

5 hopefully no one on this board has been so vain as to pay for cosmetic surgery. Wanting to look good is a moral failing?

6 weird but clearly not sexual. This is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

7 just looked through the website, nothing really popped out as blatantly pseudo scientific. He does not sell concussion water and he wasn't even the one to make the claim. Being an investor in something is not the same as selling it under your own brand. I was expecting the sports version of goop. Oh no! Protein powder and electrolytes!

8 that you care about this amuses me

9 if it's so blatant, why did he get away with it? The NFL has not been in Brady's corner.

10 probably because he's wondering why the hell he'd be implicated in equipment sabotage, which isn't under his jurisdiction. Not sure if you remember, but he was being threatened with a suspension over it.

Brady doesn't really seem any more of a douche than your average NFL player. But whatever, I will recede into the bushes and let you guys throw tantrums over things like Brady wearing the wrong shoes or eating a weird dressing on his salad.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

1&2 aren't his fault

3 is done by literally every player in the league. Diggs got a few PI calls this way and we all cheered.

5 hopefully no one on this board has been so vain as to pay for cosmetic surgery. Wanting to look good is a moral failing?

7 just looked through the website, nothing really popped out as blatantly pseudo scientific. He does not sell concussion water and he wasn't even the one to make the claim. Being an investor in something is not the same as selling it under your own brand. I was expecting the sports version of goop. Oh no! Protein powder and electrolytes!

9 if it's so blatant, why did he get away with it? The NFL has not been in Brady's corner.

10 probably because he's wondering why the hell he'd be implicated in equipment sabotage, which isn't under his jurisdiction. Not sure if you remember, but he was being threatened with a suspension over it.

Brady doesn't really seem any more of a douche than your average NFL player. But whatever, I will recede into the bushes and let you guys throw tantrums over things like Brady wearing the wrong shoes or eating a weird dressing on his salad.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2556219-tom-brady-once-endorsed-a-sports-drink-that-claimed-concussion-protection.html

Its more than that.  Go eat some $40 organic nut mix courtesy of TB12 while you craft your next wave of half-assed excuses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2556219-tom-brady-once-endorsed-a-sports-drink-that-claimed-concussion-protection.html

Its more than that.  Go eat some $40 organic nut mix courtesy of TB12 while you craft your next wave of half-assed excuses.

Yeah, I read it. He shilled for a drink while Russell Wilson acted like it was a miracle. His company doesn't sell it, and he never sold it.

It's not a great look but I honestly don't care. Anyone who believes a sports drink can cure concussions is an idiot anyway. I don't have a problem with capitalism, I don't care if Brady has the audacity to make more money.

Basically, your list was "he was too good and I need justification to hate him."

11 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Looks like the roids caught up to him 

PEDelmen has been peddlin' meds to his own veins for a decade... Rob-you-blind-and-take-an-orchid-rub Graft stopped paying to gloss over his side-steps and, low and behold, the brown log has hit the proverbial fan. Justice is finally served. Drink your bitter cup, you Great American Pat****...

I am in no way sorry for this cheat.

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Let me lay out the case:

- It has been illegal to hit Brady for most of his career. 

- There are at least 2 known rules that were changed/added to the books because of Tom Brady. 

- No player in sports has lobbied the officials more effectively than Tom Brady through his incessant whining. 

- He walked out on his pregnant baby mama to shack up with another woman. 

- He might be more vain than his model wife and has had more cosmetic surgery than Joan Rivers, including nose job, chin/jaw implant, hair plugs.

- He kisses his children on the mouth which is weird..

- Despite his immense wealth, he still sells snake oil at exorbitant prices like Concussion Water.  Some of the claims he makes about his products are straight up irresponsible at best, dangerous at worst.

- He once modeled Uggs.

- He maintained a side business arrangement with Bob Kraft which still looks like a blatant skirting of the NFL salary cap and major competitive advantage.

- He handled his deflate gate scandal with all the transparency and humility that we would expect from a Patriot and then had the audacity to complain about his punishment.

In summary, has been an entitled, petulant, douchebag through the entirety of his career and no one is required to kiss his ass just because of his on-field accomplishments.  No one gushes about MJ the person just because he put a ball in the hoop better than anyone else.  

I wish there were an A-EFF'IN-MEN emoji... I would bless this post with it, countless times.

16 hours ago, Boxcar said:

1&2 aren't his fault

Imagine being a Brady apologist.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Imagine being so petty that you despise the best QB ever just because your team lost to his almost every time.

Imagine being so petty that you join an opposing team's message board to troll them... Oh... Wait... You don't need to imagine this... You live it :oops:

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, P Riv said:

"No player in sports has lobbied the officials more effectively than Tom Brady through his incessant whining. "

Um..... 

Manning.thumb.jpg.b1b88ad83f4a0749f6f1e0257848e54f.jpg

A point

20 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Imagine being so petty that you despise the best QB ever just because your team lost to his almost every time.

I thought we were talking about Tom Brady?

13 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

bowling polishing GIF

Too many cheat lovers in this thread 

That's..... disturbing

• Haha (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Imagine being so petty that you join an opposing team's message board to troll them... Oh... Wait... You don't need to imagine this... You live it :oops:

I love the Bills. I'm just capable of more than the caveman thought process of "UGGG MY TEAM GOOD THAT TEAM BAD!! HIS LEG HURT, GOOD!!!"

I like watching good football. The Patriots created one of the greatest dynasties in NFL history and I'm capable of looking beyond divisional rivalry bias to appreciate that. I love dynasties in all sports, even when they are teams I dislike. The late 90s Yankees, potentially the current LA Dodgers, the mini dynasty of the Chicago Blackhawks, the mid 90s Colorado Avalanche, etc.

But you know, Brady modeled Uggs one time!!! Lol!!!

• Eyeroll 1