Edelman released

53 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

This lineup gets my vote followed by Brady.....

Yer a youngun eh?

Nope, I remember Brady's first season. I'm also a Blue Jays fan and had to deal with Yankees/Red Sox even longer. I have a dislike of the Red Sox, but I didn't turn my nose up when we grabbed Kevin Millar until it was obvious he was terrible at the sport. It's one thing to have a healthy rivalry with a team and it's quite another to get to the point where you wish injury on them for the crime of being really good for 20 years. 

I find the vitriol for Brady especially sad. He's one of the greatest athletes of our lifetimes, across all sports.

3 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Nope, I remember Brady's first season. I'm also a Blue Jays fan and had to deal with Yankees/Red Sox even longer. I have a dislike of the Red Sox, but I didn't turn my nose up when we grabbed Kevin Millar until it was obvious he was terrible at the sport. It's one thing to have a healthy rivalry with a team and it's quite another to get to the point where you wish injury on them for the crime of being really good for 20 years. 

I find the vitriol for Brady especially sad. He's one of the greatest athletes of our lifetimes, across all sports.

I get that Brady is the GOAT.....but he like MJ are not especially liked as people.  There are plenty of athletes I respect and would love them on the Bills.  But Brady?  Gronk?  PEDelmon?  Hard pass for me.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

I get that Brady is the GOAT.....but he like MJ are not especially liked as people.  There are plenty of athletes I respect and would love them on the Bills.  But Brady?  Gronk?  PEDelmon?  Hard pass for me.....

Yeah I just don't really understand it. Clever nickname for Edelman, though.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I find it in poor taste to applaud the injury of any player.

Except this a-hole.  Eff him and I hope his whole ***** knee disintegrates.

I can't believe you would say something like this. Disintegration? Come on, man.  

Disintegration and knee replacement would allow him to be pain free. I would like to see the knee be over-stressed, leading to excruciating chronic pain, and then, of course, eventual amputation of the entire leg with lingering phantom pain. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Good, total piece of 💩, just like his teammates, HC, and the rest of that organization. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boxcar said:

I understand hating a team because their fans are insufferable, maybe a few players, but the hatred Bills fans feel for certain Patriots and ex-Patriots is truly strange.

So you understand hating a team because their fans are douchebags but you cannot understand hating a team because the actual players on the team are douchebags?  Both are irrational viewpoints that we as sports fanatics are guilty of.  I don't know how you're splitting the hair to think one is more justified or normal than the other.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

So you understand hating a team because their fans are douchebags but you cannot understand hating a team because the actual players on the team are douchebags?  Both are irrational viewpoints that we as sports fanatics are guilty of.  I don't know how you're splitting the hair to think one is more justified or normal than the other.  

I find it strange that anyone who has been paying attention for the last 20 years can't understand why Bills fans might hate the Patriots and some players. Besides the consistent ass-kickings we've had to endure, usually at blow out levels, we also know they are whiners, cheaters, dirty players, and have actively disparaged our hometown in the media. This shouldnt need to be explained in the least.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Let me lay out the case:

- It has been illegal to hit Brady for most of his career. 

- There are at least 2 known rules that were changed/added to the books because of Tom Brady. 

- No player in sports has lobbied the officials more effectively than Tom Brady through his incessant whining. 

- He walked out on his pregnant baby mama to shack up with another woman. 

- He might be more vain than his model wife and has had more cosmetic surgery than Joan Rivers, including nose job, chin/jaw implant, hair plugs.

- He kisses his children on the mouth which is weird..

- Despite his immense wealth, he still sells snake oil at exorbitant prices like Concussion Water.  Some of the claims he makes about his products are straight up irresponsible at best, dangerous at worst.

- He once modeled Uggs.

- He maintained a side business arrangement with Bob Kraft which still looks like a blatant skirting of the NFL salary cap and major competitive advantage.

- He handled his deflate gate scandal with all the transparency and humility that we would expect from a Patriot and then had the audacity to complain about his punishment.

In summary, has been an entitled, petulant, douchebag through the entirety of his career and no one is required to kiss his ass just because of his on-field accomplishments.  No one gushes about MJ the person just because he put a ball in the hoop better than anyone else.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Honestly, I wish he could keep playing for a few more years.  He won't be that good because of his age and the nature of the way he plays, and I'd love to see him on the losing end of a few more Bills match-ups.  

It's hard to think of a more obnoxious player.  He made Brian Cox look like a joy to be around by comparison.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Probably time to call it a career.  And what a career it was when factoring in how it started, what the experts thought he could do versus what he actually did.

Got the money, got the rings, got the MVP, and probably has enough upper tier  stats for a WR in the Playoffs that will put him in the HOF conversation after a few ballots.

We don’t care 

• Haha (+1) 3