Spotrac article: "Projecting Josh Allen's Contract Extension"

warrior9

I looked around for a thread on this. Didn't see one on the article, just prediction threads.

4 years, 168 Mill. 78 guaranteed. 

Sounds about right. This puts him ahead of Watson and behind Mahomes.

Below is the article. 

https://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/projecting-josh-allens-contract-extension-1198/

Edited by warrior9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I looked around for a thread on this. Didn't see one on the article, just prediction threads.

4 years, 168 Mill. 78 guaranteed. 

Sounds about right. This puts him ahead of Watson and behind Mahomes.

Below is the article. 

https://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/projecting-josh-allens-contract-extension-1198/

I was hoping it was going to be:

Vet Minimum, with a couple of fracking wells on the side.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If a deal gets done this offseason it's going to be much longer than 4 years.  I would think Beane and co are shooting for something similar to the Mahomes deal, and would push for 7-10 years.  It's the only way to get Allen his worth while spreading it out enough to create needed cap flexibility. The Cowboys deal with Dak looks absurd next to the team friendly/flexible deal the chiefs did with Mahomes. A 4 year deal would be terrible for the Bills from a cap/roster management perspective.  I don't think Allen wants that either, he wants to play for the Bills for a long time and he wants them to be competitive roster wise.  

Edited by vtnatefootball11
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6

I suspect it will right around there. I think the Bills might push the term past 5 years at the cost of more per year if they can so they can take advantage of restructuring rules. 

I'd say 5 years, $264 million (44 per) with around $200 guaranteed. 

That would bring the total deal to 7 years, 294 Million, 42 per which feels about right to me and gives the Bills a lot of flexibility over the next two years to restructure his deal to handle salary cap oddities while it gets back to normal. 

Edited by jeremy2020

I hate that he’s such a me first player. The guy has selfish written all over him. I just wish he would just be happy with any money and sign for LESS than the league minimum

*to those who can’t notice the obvious sarcasm, this was written with a large dose of it

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

I was hoping it was going to be:

Vet Minimum, with a couple of fracking wells on the side.  

Seeing as he still gets excited for farm work (he's quite excited about the family farm's upcoming switch to pistachios) he might actually be tempted by a deal like that.