They paid for this? Study finds Bills fans among heaviest game day drinkers in NFL

2 hours ago, Dr. K said:

I have never seen as many blind drunk clowns at a sports contest as I have seen at a Buffalo game. So drunk they couldn't even follow the play on the field. 

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

I couldn’t agree more. I have noticed that fans who attend Bills games are on the younger side compared to what I’ve seen at other NFL stadiums. That might play a big role in the frat party atmosphere. You get them everywhere, but I also notice a greater proportion of people who are completely out of it. It varies quite a bit based on where you sit. The club seats and parts of the lower bowl aren’t as bad as the upper deck. The upper deck in Buffalo has more drunks than I’ve seen anywhere in my life. 

Every time this topic comes up, I mention the fact that I have always been amazed at the number of people I see at a "pass out" level of drunkenness, BEFORE THE GAME STARTS.

Without question, a fairly large percentage of "Bills fans" are at the games to get drunk and forget about their problems for a few hours.

Don't know what that number is, but it's not insignificant.

• Agree 1

I definitely do not contribute to this.  I drink but not much during the game.  1 or 2 at the most usually.  I want to focus on the game and remember everything. 

The last time I drank a lot during a game was week 17 last year because we were going to play back ups.  I was at my friends and when I drank a lot....completely missed the 3rd and 4th quarter because I was talking.  I had to watch highlights of the scoring spree.