Devin Singletary - Will he be playing for the Bills this year?

Estro

Was listening to spotrac's most recent podcast w/ Mike Ginnitti & he casually mentioned he thinks Singletary is a trade candidate this offseason maybe even draft weekend.  Normally I'd just pass this off as speculation, but in listening to Ginnitti over the past few months it's pretty clear that he's got some connections.

He was talking about Trubisky possibly signing as a backup in Buffalo a few days before it happened. It seems a lot of his "ideas" on his podcast seem to come true, which makes it must listen for me.

He also mentioned that Breida might be viewed as a starter in Buffalo, which I found interesting. 

I happen to like the idea of trading Singletary because I just dont think he does anything well enough to not want to replace.  I'm not sure he'd be worth much of anything & I think the Bills would be fortunate to get anything more than a future 6th-7th rounder for him.

Just found it interesting that he casually mentioned Singletary as a trade candidate......after hearing it from his lips I now fully expect Singletary to be moved.

Hopefully it's a lesson learned for the Bills to stop blowing valuable top 100 draft picks on replacement level RBs.

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I am 70% sure that Singletary, Moss and Breida are the RB's this team is going with. I think McBeane will focus heavily on the defense via the draft. I think 2 out of the 3 top picks will be on the defensive side of the ball and I can't see them burning a pick at RB in the first 5 rounds. I can live with the young cheap backfield. The issue this team has running is in my mind more attributed to scheme and injuries along the O-line. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I am 70% sure that Singletary, Moss and Breida are the RB's this team is going with. I think McBeane will focus heavily on the defense via the draft. I think 2 out of the 3 top picks will be on the defensive side of the ball and I can't see them burning a pick at RB in the first 5 rounds. I can live with the young cheap backfield. The issue this team has running is in my mind more attributed to scheme and injuries along the O-line. 

I think your 70% is probably too low, for exactly the reasons you mentioned. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

I think it comes down to whether Buffalo dtafts a back day 1 or 2.  I doubt it but possible none the less.  If one is drafted I expect Singeltary would be the odd man out.  A possible trade up or future day 2 pick I assume he would be worth.

Yes.

Moss and Singletary will be the primary ball carriers this year, and will be effective. 

Giving up on third round picks after two seasons hasn’t been the M.O. of this front office. PARTICULARLY when the player showed a lot of promise in one of those years.

Motor gonna prove some people wrong this year, methinks.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think your 70% is probably too low, for exactly the reasons you mentioned. 

I put 70% because I do think there is a decent chance that in round 1 or 2 there is an RB that falls and is by far the BPA on the board. I just don't see it likely shaking out that way. 

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

If they go RB at 30 i think he’ll be cut or traded.  

I’ll go out on a limb and say there is ZERO percent chance they cut a guy who averaged 4.8 ypc in his first two years, including 4.4 ypc in his “bad year”. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With Breida, Singletary, and Moss, the Bills have three very similar style, and size RBs. What we lack is a true power back, although Moss would be the closest thing to that in this trio. Moss is also an exceptional blocker-- much better than Singletary in that department. Breida has the acceleration that both Moss, and Singletary lack. It pains me to say that in my opinion, Singletary is likely the most redundant of the three.

I'm also of the opinion that improvements in the running game (including O-line blocking) is the Bills most pressing need on offense. I would love for the Bills to draft a heavier power back (Najee Harris?), or pick one up in FA who can consistently move the pile downhill, and not get stuffed, as Moss, and especially Singletary often were.

• Like (+1) 1

I was correctly corrected saying he has zero value and nobody would ever trade for him. As Beane seems to get teams to bite on unrealistic trades. That said motor might get a 6th rounder in return. His value is extremely low coming off a bad year. 

I think unless we are trading for a RB in the first round we have our three RB for the year already on team. I have no idea what they think of Najee or Etienne but Beane does not drop someone unless the better player is already on roster and right now he is top 3. He is a rookie contract guy who has gained 1500 yards in two years, definitely a good value for now.

Edited by Buffalo Timmy

38 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yes.

Moss and Singletary will be the primary ball carriers this year, and will be effective. 

Giving up on third round picks after two seasons hasn’t been the M.O. of this front office. PARTICULARLY when the player showed a lot of promise in one of those years.

Motor gonna prove some people wrong this year, methinks.

😍