Do you think someone in the Bills FO follows the players social media?

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If so, how many grey hairs per second does Beane accumulate watching Stefon Diggs bungie-jump off of bridges and parachute jump out of planes?

Beane, himself, MIGHT have a burner acct. that he’s on occasionally, but absolutely, without question, there are lower level staffers that monitor player accounts. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If so, how many grey hairs per second does Beane accumulate watching Stefon Diggs bungie-jump off of bridges and parachute jump out of planes?

For sure. There was one morning around 4am late last season where an unnamed Bills player filmed his whole ride down the 90 in the middle of blizzard conditions. As a fan, I was terrified at what he was possible still doing up that late a few days before a game. But he was heading into the office early l, showing everyone on his Instagram account how crazy the Buffalo weather is.

Driving while hand holding your phone to live stream is a no no... That got taken down a few hours later, and I'm sure someone monitoring the social media made it happen. 

Dollars to donuts they watch not only all players, but also their employees, conduct detrimental, etc., and heard they keep an eye on this site for various reasons. 

It’s one of the reasons I really don’t have almost any social media footprint.  If I want to communicate, I’ll text, call or email.  I can understand the organization monitoring, but then again if you’re not doing something stupid or venting on social media which is dumb, one should have nothing to worry about.

Im glad Diggs is having fun, and I don’t really see a tandem jump is a big deal.  He could twist an ankle just as easily playing hoops on the court with friends.  Wasn’t it Suggs who was out fir the year with an injury playing basketball in the off season.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They contract this role to Buddy Nix? 

😴

13 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Do the players have to submit a notice to the FO before doing something risky? When I was in the military we had to submit a notice/request form before doing what they considered high risk activities.

Weekend pass in Tijuana?

• Haha (+1) 3

Yes, yes they do, and the players know it, both parties are aware of social media ramifications, and behave themselves as it were, SM is not about his guys bringing a bad image to the organization, it’s like what our Sargent Major used to tell us back when I was in the Marine Corp, don’t embarrass me, and I won’t embarrass you, although he used different language...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just to play devil’s advocate here, with skydiving and bungie jumping, you aren’t really worrying about a broken leg or torn ACL, which you might well get from pickup basketball and dirt bike riding. Mistakes in the former two categories tend to produce more starkly existential outcomes, and you kinda have to throw your hands up at that. It’s not like you’ll be missing the guy for a season or haggling about contract payments for a player injured in an unapproved offseason activity. Basically, the potential outcomes lie almost solely on the extremes: healthy and alive or dead. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

welk a month or so ago he put up a video of himself bungee jumping off a bridge on his Instagram timeline.  I gotta say, his form was perfect.  

and currently there’s videos of him tandem jumping out of an airplane.  He cracked the biggest smile when the main chute deployed

The biggest adrenaline rush ever!!!

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

A two hour lecture from Ms. G. might give one reason to reconsider their risky behaviour.

I could just see Maddy wagging her finger at Stefon... 😁