David Njoku, TE Browns, on the trading block...

For a 5th round pick or lower I would like it. Gives Josh another weapon to work with. It isn't an Earth shattering move but it adds another complementary target for Josh. I would prefer Ertz but Njoku is younger and cheaper cap wise. I don't see the Earth shattering move at TE. Pitts is a massive gamble as the draft capital needed to move up would be very steep for a TE whose impact might not be there year one. Ertz at his best is dynamic but he is a bit older and coming off a banged up season anyone else like Njoku is a project with pros and cons. 

TLDR would prefer Ertz but Njoku at a cheap price isn't too bad.

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Considering cost, productivity, over-all ability, etc., I would still take Jessie James over him.

Dude is so over-rated even when he was a Pro Bowler. 

Njoku seems like a nice low risk high reward player. Bills pass more than the Browns and I think he would do much better.

• Agree 1

I would love to see the Bills acquire Njoku, he’d be a great addition. Imo he has nothing but upside all while being so young. I feel that he got himself into Cleveland’s dog house (no pun intended) and never got himself out of it. The Bills wouldn’t need him to block at all, he just needs to be the athletic pass catching TE that he is. 

Of course if the Bills did trade for Njoku then re-signing him to a salary cap friendly contract would be a must. That shouldn’t be an issue, Njoku has wanted to get out of Cleveland for quite some time now. Trade compensation could come in various forms, one being if the Bills were give up a 3rd rd pick (#93) and swap their 5th rd pick (#161) for Njoku and Cleveland’s 4th rd pick (#132). It equates basically to giving up a late 3rd rd pick for Njoku and a mid 6th rd pick. 

14 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d rather have Ertz.  Good thing is njoku being available probably hurts Eagles in their quest to get a 3rd for Ertz.  

Maybe Bill Belicheat is not done and wants to go 3 TE sets ?? 

With Knox in the fold and we traded away our best blocking TE, I would rather get a great blocking TE rather than focusing on another pass catching TE.

I know I'd rather find one that does both (we all do), but if we want our running game to perform better, the OLine will probably need some real help, ie. a great blocking TE.  I'm sure there is a good blocking TE somewhere in the draft or unsigned draft pick.

As long as the dude can roll out 2-3 times a game and catch the ball, then every other time he is in there he is making a difference blocking for our RB's (or Josh), then I think he is more valuable than Njoku.

Edited by hjnick
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I would love to see the Bills acquire Njoku, he’d be a great addition. Imo he has nothing but upside all while being so young. I feel that he got himself into Cleveland’s dog house (no pun intended) and never got himself out of it. The Bills wouldn’t need him to block at all, he just needs to be the athletic pass catching TE that he is. 

Of course if the Bills did trade for Njoku then re-signing him to a salary cap friendly contract would be a must. That shouldn’t be an issue, Njoku has wanted to get out of Cleveland for quite some time now. Trade compensation could come in various forms, one being if the Bills were give up a 3rd rd pick (#93) and swap their 5th rd pick (#161) for Njoku and Cleveland’s 4th rd pick (#132). It equates basically to giving up a late 3rd rd pick for Njoku and a mid 6th rd pick. 

Bills would not have to give up a 3rd rounder to get Njoku.

Beane knows that is WAY TOO MUCH for somebody that only offers potential right now.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Bills would not have to give up a 3rd rounder to get Njoku.

Beane knows that is WAY TOO MUCH for somebody that only offers potential right now.

Yup. He’s in no man’s land wrt trades.  Teams won’t give up a high enough pick to make it worth it to the Browns to trade him.  Not with one year at $6M on his deal.  The only things that make sense is if a team would be looking to sign him long term (which I don’t see happening) or a player for player deal.  And that’s not happening with the Bills because they’ve got the same top needs - Edge, CB2, speed X, DT - as the Browns.  If the Bills were flush with CBs and had a decent one on the bench on the last year of his contract it might make sense, but I can’t see any fit.

That all said, Njoku would very much help the Bills and would be the best TE on the roster the day he was added to it.  He’d be a guy I’d look at next offseason when he’s a FA if the need still exists. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Jerry Hughes is a "meh" player right now.

I think adding a Geno Atkins or another interior disruptive type lineman will help Hughes production. Too many times last season I’d see Jerry beat his man on the outside to see the QB step up in the pocket to avoid his rush and either scramble for yardage or complete a pass. The Bills need to push the pocket from the interior.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, CSBill said:

Considering cost, productivity, over-all ability, etc., I would still take Jessie James over him.

Jesse James is what he is. There’s really no upside with him. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, FarrellsFinest said:

Why are so many Bills fans so ready to trade Tremaine Edmonds?? 22 year old 2x pro bowl LB who best days are ahead of him.  Its odd to say the least. 

The Pro Bowl is a joke. Even Tyrod managed to make 2 Pro Bowls. And we literally don’t know if his heat days are ahead of him. I haven’t seen any strong arguments to trade him though and I certainly wouldn’t give him a big money contract extension either. 

8 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Yup. He’s in no man’s land wrt trades.  Teams won’t give up a high enough pick to make it worth it to the Browns to trade him.  Not with one year at $6M on his deal.  The only things that make sense is if a team would be looking to sign him long term (which I don’t see happening) or a player for player deal.  And that’s not happening with the Bills because they’ve got the same top needs - Edge, CB2, speed X, DT - as the Browns.  If the Bills were flush with CBs and had a decent one on the bench on the last year of his contract it might make sense, but I can’t see any fit.

That all said, Njoku would very much help the Bills and would be the best TE on the roster the day he was added to it.  He’d be a guy I’d look at next offseason when he’s a FA if the need still exists. 

Would you trade him for Knox? 

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

The Pro Bowl is a joke. Even Tyrod managed to make 2 Pro Bowls. And we literally don’t know if his heat days are ahead of him. I haven’t seen any strong arguments to trade him though and I certainly wouldn’t give him a big money contract extension either. 

Just curious. Who do you think was better at 22. Milano or Edmonds? And are you upset with Matt Milano's

7 hours ago, FarrellsFinest said:

Why are so many Bills fans so ready to trade Tremaine Edmonds?? 22 year old 2x pro bowl LB who best days are ahead of him.  Its odd to say the least. 

I’d be willing to trade just about anyone if the offer was right...Edmunds, certainly, isn’t some world beater the Bills can’t do without, like Allen...I would take a first round pick in a heartbeat...

• Like (+1) 1