What is your preferred opening game for the Bills this year?

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Patriots at home. Think theirs is a roster that will gel as it goes. Prefer to get them nice and early while they are still trying to mesh all the pieces. 

Wouldn't you prefer them on the road then, so we can host them later if/when their roster gels and BB gets better post-September?

the home opener will be just electric this year... a normal 1pm start would be great against an AFC East opponent.  Nice , full stadium.  Magic , really.   I kind of hope they open up on the road in some kind of road game to make the media happy, but come back for a traditional 1pm start at OP.  Just sayin'. .    I need to figure out how to get to a game in Sept or Oct.  Haven't been in 5-6 years.   any ideas?  

10 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I think opening against Tampa on the opening Thursday night game would be awesome. I don't think it happens though

Why do you think it won't be Tampa?  The Bills are the best team they play at home.  Giants, Cowboys maybe have a bit more glitz.  Saints are a big rivalry but without Brees, not the same.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chknwing334 said:

If you need a place to watch the games, join the North New Jersey Bills Backers at Duffy’s in Paterson. We have a great group that gathers there for all the games. 

That sounds cool. Thanks! I’m over in Denville.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

the home opener will be just electric this year... a normal 1pm start would be great against an AFC East opponent.  Nice , full stadium.  Magic , really.   I kind of hope they open up on the road in some kind of road game to make the media happy, but come back for a traditional 1pm start at OP.  Just sayin'. .    I need to figure out how to get to a game in Sept or Oct.  Haven't been in 5-6 years.   any ideas?  

there’ll be plenty on Stubhub and such if you miss out on the public onsale.  Home opener will probably be more expensive than your standard year however, but aftermarket for the October games will likely be a little more reasonable.   Plus, there’s always the ticket subforum on here...

Edited by RiotAct

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

there’ll be plenty on Stubhub and such if you miss out on the public onsale.  Home opener will probably be more expensive than your standard year however, but aftermarket for the October games will likely be a little more reasonable.   Plus, there’s always the ticket subforum on here...

ticket subforum?  hmm. interesting

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

First of all you'll need a ticket, I no longer recommend sneaking in (as a kid in the 70s we jumped the fence quite a number of times for the Bills and concerts, never got caught).

Then you will need to transport yourself to Orchard Park. Depending on where you are starting from, I recommend planes, trains, and automobiles.

😉

13 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Why do you think it won't be Tampa?  The Bills are the best team they play at home.  Giants, Cowboys maybe have a bit more glitz.  Saints are a big rivalry but without Brees, not the same.

I'm just trying to think along the lines of how the NFL thinks. They have the same patterns every year when it comes to these matchups. They love putting the Cowboys on primetime a bunch every year. The Saints, while losing Brees is still going to be an appealing matchup to them and its a division opponent and for some reason the NFL loooooves the Bears on Primetime. Even with all the crappy QBs and teams they have had over the years they still get 4 or 5 primetime games a year. I also think that the Bills are their best home opponent and would be an awesome game but I don't see it. I could be wrong though 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills at Tampa to open the season on TNF makes a lot of sense.  SB champs vs. one of the AFC favorites, plus the Brady vs. Buffalo angle.

If not that, then a home opener vs. a division opponent.