What is your preferred opening game for the Bills this year?

Looking through Tampa's home opponents this year, it's us, NO, ATL, CAR, DAL, NYG, MIA, CHI, WFT, and IND

I have to say we're one of the likelier/respected teams - and would guess it'll either be NOLA (post Drew, Jameis vs his teammates with rings), Dallas for the flashy headlines and Dak's return, or us. Also, I'd rather play Brady earlier on in the season as opposed to when he gets into his groove mid-late season.

If it's not Tampa, one of our division rivals or the Colts with a huge question mark in Carson Wentz would be good

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

58 minutes ago, Augie said:

When each of my boys turned 16 I took them to Buffalo to see a Bills home game. I thought a win would be more fun, so I picked the Jets. 

Sadly, we only split, but it was still great and cemented their life long fandom! 

16?? Damn, you were a SOB as a Dad! I took my son to many games once he was 9 -including Divisional Playoff Win vs KC.

He turned out ‘all right’..

73B30F13-D170-489F-AADB-9EBED040132F.jpeg

FD7995EE-D075-4C9B-BEC0-1B4FC97B4231.jpeg

1308C6BE-E046-4FCF-BAD8-5A75A547066F.jpeg

FC876762-654B-43AF-BA5E-3958B4466DF4.jpeg

31F3659B-ED19-4566-83DA-FFECB13CF903.jpeg

DDF69A88-2159-4C2E-ADE5-D3EED28D8102.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

16?? Damn, you were a SOB as a Dad! I took my son to many games once he was 9 -including Divisional Playoff Win vs KC.

He turned out ‘all right’..

73B30F13-D170-489F-AADB-9EBED040132F.jpeg

FD7995EE-D075-4C9B-BEC0-1B4FC97B4231.jpeg

1308C6BE-E046-4FCF-BAD8-5A75A547066F.jpeg

FC876762-654B-43AF-BA5E-3958B4466DF4.jpeg

31F3659B-ED19-4566-83DA-FFECB13CF903.jpeg

DDF69A88-2159-4C2E-ADE5-D3EED28D8102.jpeg

They were at GAMES earlier (in fact, the older one had attended the Bills in Tampa just a few weeks earlier), but never traveled to Buffalo until they were more manageable. Hey! It worked, they both became die hard fans!

EDIT: I remember asking my son how the Bills game in Tampa compared tot he one in Buffalo and his answer was “Oh, believe me, there is NO comparison!” Of course, we went on a bus with a full tailgate crowd and the entire luggage section was full of tailgate materials (a/k/a beer). That 16 year old boy had never seen THAT MUCH BEER before! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

As long as we maintain our passing game, and get our running game ducks in a row, and the D is no worse than last season, we’re going to win regardless of who we play,

5 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Pats for me, home or away... hit them early before all those new pieces get a chance to gel. Not that I think that they'll be a massive threat in 2021, but I'll take any advantage we can get.

Fish first.

Pats*** second.  (and in NE, if I'm being greedy).  This, because I dont want BB to have all off-season to plan for me.

Edited by maddenboy

No one has said the Steers so I will.

I think the Bills should be slid favorites as that team is a hot mess.

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Give me Texans. Got to figure their qb situation is a mess still week 1. Blow the doors off them to get the ball rolling.

Sorry I hadn't read all the posts

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Winston doesn’t scare me. Hill and how (and how often) they use him scares me. 

There’s no reason in the world to be worried about Taysom Hill outside a love for being worried.  Saints start him they’re going nowhere fast.

4 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

No one has said the Steers so I will.

I think the Bills should be slid favorites as that team is a hot mess.

Sorry I hadn't read all the posts

Steelers will be average to above like always under Tomlin.  They’ve been “dead in the water” before.  Never actually happens though.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, purple haze said:

Steelers will be average to above like always under Tomlin.  They’ve been “dead in the water” before.  Never actually happens though.

The Houston(Steers) Texans

They have that ball less bull on their helmets ;)

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

There’s no reason in the world to be worried about Taysom Hill outside a love for being worried.  Saints start him they’re going nowhere fast.

We almost lost to Cam Newton last year. 

It always seems to me that the teams with the best records get the most reasonable schedules.  The teams trying to get going are the ones who face a murderers' row in the first month or so, like the Bills did a couple of years ago.  What I'd like to see is an easy start, putting the tough games into the middle, and then letting the Bills play easier games down the stretch.

I'd like to see the Bills play Miami in Miami early, and in Buffalo late in the year.  In fact all the warm-weather city teams should be in Buffalo in December.  

Miami and NE are going to be a lot better this year, but the Jets are still going to suck, so I would prefer to see the Bills open against Miami and/or NE to get wins there before those teams figure things out.  Buffalo can play the Jets later on, with a good shot at winning both games.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We actually almost lost to Bill Belichick last year.  The Patriots almost won despite Cam Newton, not because of him.

7 minutes ago, Utah John said:

It always seems to me that the teams with the best records get the most reasonable schedules.  The teams trying to get going are the ones who face a murderers' row in the first month or so, like the Bills did a couple of years ago.  What I'd like to see is an easy start, putting the tough games into the middle, and then letting the Bills play easier games down the stretch.

I'd like to see the Bills play Miami in Miami early, and in Buffalo late in the year.  In fact all the warm-weather city teams should be in Buffalo in December.  

Miami and NE are going to be a lot better this year, but the Jets are still going to suck, so I would prefer to see the Bills open against Miami and/or NE to get wins there before those teams figure things out.  Buffalo can play the Jets later on, with a good shot at winning both games.

We actually almost lost to Bill Belichick last year.  The Patriots almost won despite Cam Newton, not because of him.

We actually almost lost to Cam Newton and Bill Belichick.  190 rushing yards against us in a game where we knew they couldn’t throw.  A good game plan with an unconventional qb that you haven’t been able to game plan for can sometimes lead to upsets 

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Beat him out the game on take two. Don’t spend time worrying about Hill.

23 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The Houston(Steers) Texans

They have that ball less bull on their helmets ;)

Yikes.  If only I could read. My bad.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Beat him out the game on take two. Don’t spend time worrying about Hill.

Yikes.  If only I could read. My bad.

I’m not spending time worrying about hill.  I feel that we’d be better served playing @New Orleans a week other than week 1.  

2 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Looking through Tampa's home opponents this year, it's us, NO, ATL, CAR, DAL, NYG, MIA, CHI, WFT, and IND

I have to say we're one of the likelier/respected teams - and would guess it'll either be NOLA (post Drew, Jameis vs his teammates with rings), Dallas for the flashy headlines and Dak's return, or us. Also, I'd rather play Brady earlier on in the season as opposed to when he gets into his groove mid-late season.

If it's not Tampa, one of our division rivals or the Colts with a huge question mark in Carson Wentz would be good

they got 10 home games?!?  How’d they swing that?  Damn you, Brady...