Awesome songs (or parts of songs) by non-favorite bands

OGTEleven

On 4/12/2021 at 7:27 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

Even when I really, really dislike an artist, I can usually find a song or two of theirs that I can dig.

But not you James Taylor. You can take yr sappy bologna and fuggouttahere with it 😝 

when i hear james taylor, i want to take a lot of sedatives and just end it all.  he sucks.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, teef said:

when i hear james taylor, i want to take a lot of sedatives and just end it all.  he sucks.

Ended up seeing James Taylor as the opening act for the Eagles a few years back in Philly.  he played FOR 90 MINUTES 💩.

Plus, he had Steve Gadd playing drums - heck, I could play drums for James Taylor.  🙄

53 minutes ago, Philly McButterpants said:

Ended up seeing James Taylor as the opening act for the Eagles a few years back in Philly.  he played FOR 90 MINUTES 💩.

Plus, he had Steve Gadd playing drums - heck, I could play drums for James Taylor.  🙄

james taylor and the eagles?!  that's my personal nightmare.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Then the music is working since this is pretty much EXACTLY what he was doing at the time. Addicted to heroin and trying to die.

I don't know if he was trying to die but yep he had a problem with the H for awhile. Basically an am radio guy back when. Still, this is pretty sweet as far as music and a duet goes:

• Like (+1) 1

A few years back Nickleback was a regular punchline as a bad band. I only know two of their songs -both pop - but like them both so I never understood all the hate. 

"The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
We’ll all stay skinny 'cause we just won’t eat"

We used to listen to the radio
And sing along with every song we know
We said, "Someday we'd find out how it feels
To sing to more than just the steering wheel"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.