Awesome songs (or parts of songs) by non-favorite bands

OGTEleven

I think Smashing Pumpkins were pretty good.  They probably aren't in my top 50 though.  I find their song Tonight, Tonight cool but the drumming in it is outstanding, amazing or whatever other superlative.  It might not be the hardest song ever played on drums but it makes the song and has a sound I find different in a good way.

Do you have songs or solos by non-favorites that you love?

I think Journey is absolute garbage, maybe the worst band I've ever seen (opening for the Stones at Rich 1981). I always did like the way Feeling That Way goes into Anytime on the Infinity album though. Helps that there's very little Steve Perry :sick: on those 2 songs.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, OGTEleven said:

I think Smashing Pumpkins were pretty good.  They probably aren't in my top 50 though.  I find their song Tonight, Tonight cool but the drumming in it is outstanding, amazing or whatever other superlative.  It might not be the hardest song ever played on drums but it makes the song and has a sound I find different in a good way.

Do you have songs or solos by non-favorites that you love?

I'm with you on Smashing Pumpkins. Cherub Rock is their song that I like. Everything else I could take or leave.

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Even when I really, really dislike an artist, I can usually find a song or two of theirs that I can dig.

But not you James Taylor. You can take yr sappy bologna and fuggouttahere with it 😝 

I'm a psych rock prog guy but i can for sure see the work in this one... beautiful song actually.. on the Beatles label to boot.

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Even when I really, really dislike an artist, I can usually find a song or two of theirs that I can dig.

But not you James Taylor. You can take yr sappy bologna and fuggouttahere with it 😝 

Even though you feel this way ... You've Got a Friend.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, T&C said:

I'm a psych rock prog guy but i can for sure see the work in this one... beautiful song actually.. on the Beatles label to boot.

Yeah, not really making a case with this one either,  ha.

Not saying he’s not a talented writer/musician, he obviously is, I just can’t. 

On topic, someone above mentioned Springsteen. Don’t care for him whatsoever, but I do respect the fact that he plays for multiple hours at his live shows, gives his fans their $$ worth. I can get down with “Born To Run”, great hook. 

Not a Skynyrd fan either, but “Gimme Back My Bullets” is a stone cold jam.

Hmm... who else...oh The Eagles...yeah never mind , I’m with The Dude here...

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.