Jesse James drawing interest from Bills

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Lee Smith catches footballs?!  Since when?

Lee Smith has a career catch rate of 83.1%. 

He says himself that he's never had any trouble catching the football, and most of the "targets" he doesn't catch are balls thrown at his feet to avoid a sack.

He also says that his problem as a receiver isn't catching the football, it's that he can't separate. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

Post draft pickup if they don’t end up picking anyone else before then makes sense.

Since nobody expects us to take a TE in any round, JJ is likely better than nothing, since he is likely already better than anybody in this draft. 

And especially since we (the TBD draft room) are only interested in drafting players who will contribute THIS YEAR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Betcha wouldn’t say that to his face

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Lee Smith has a career catch rate of 83.1%. 

He says himself that he's never had any trouble catching the football, and most of the "targets" he doesn't catch are balls thrown at his feet to avoid a sack.

He also says that his problem as a receiver isn't catching the football, it's that he can't separate. 

I think a lot of my bias is based upon my perception that when Smith is on the field, the odds of him being an actual target are small.

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I think a lot of my bias is based upon my perception that when Smith is on the field, the odds of him being an actual target are small.

He'd tell you that himself.  It's because while he can run routes, his style would be best described as "lumbering" and he can't separate.  He gets to be a target when the other team forgets to cover him, then as he said in an interview, after he catches one they tend to put those plays in the back of the playbook until they fall out of the recent film.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Smith is an easy target for fans because he doesn’t make many eye opening plays, those same fans keeping harping on how important Star is. 

Smith played a similar role on offense for the Bills as Star does on D.

I think he is easily replaceable but he had a did have a good season. The only time he bothered me was when he was getting flags. I’d like to see some 2020 stats with Smith on the field vs. Smith off the field. 

• Agree 1