NFL admits it screwed Buffalo 15 months after-the-fact

On 4/9/2021 at 9:39 PM, Virgil said:

In hind-site, I'm glad it happened.  Same for the Hail Murray.  Those losses made this team better and gave them the killer instinct

That’s definitely not the word.  Not one person in history has ever put a hyphen between hind and site. Except you.

52 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

How many Comp Picks will the Bills lose because of this mistake? 

Finally someone asks the important question

9 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

That’s definitely not the word.  Not one person in history has ever put a hyphen between hind and site. Except you.

Does anal-retentive have a hyphen?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/10/2021 at 12:17 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

But maybe they did us a favor as the article referenced... got us Diggs and a hungry and much-improved Josh Allen

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/04/nfl-officiating-admits-blown-blindside-block-call-in-bills-wild-card-loss-to-texans.html?outputType=amp

NFL officiating admits blown blindside block call in Bills’ Wild Card loss to Texans

Thanks NFL!!! Just DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!

My favourite part was when they didn't actually overtly admit anything.

On 4/10/2021 at 4:25 AM, Utah John said:

That blind-side block call was the second-worst of the game, the worst of course being the decision to let the Texans off the hook for botching the second half kickoff return.  At that point, the refs just got out their Ouija board and made something up to keep the pro-Texan networks happy.

Booger and the other idiots going "common sense officiating prevails"

Officiating doesn't use common sense in most instances. There is a clear way to give yourself up. Either let the ball bounce, or take a knee. Devin Hester used to walk the ball out slowly before taking off all the time. Carter advanced the ball and then threw it. The ref was initially about to announce the correct call of an illegal forward pass resulting in a safety before Al Riveron or whoever decided the rulebook didn't matter.

I guess maybe we should excuse muffed punts now. After all, the player was trying to catch the ball and that's all that should matter. The ref he was throwing it to even got out of the way because he realized the play was not dead.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Roger Goodell,

I understand a block I made in the Bills-Texans playoff game on 4 January 2020 is now being used in an NFL training film as an example of when not to utilize a blindside block call.

Not only was my team penalized with a blindside block call on that play, but I was assessed a fine of $28,075.

In view of this recent development, I respectfully request that the NFL refund my fine money, plus interest.

Signed,

Not Cody Ford, but Should Be

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dear @Roger Goodell,

I understand a block I made in the Bills-Texans playoff game on 4 January 2020 is now being used in an NFL training film as an example of when not to utilize a blindside block call.

Not only was my team penalized with a blindside block call on that play, but I was assessed a fine of $28,075.

In view of this recent development, I respectfully request that the NFL refund my fine money.

Signed,

Not Cody Ford, but Should Be

“P.S. Plus Interest, ya schmuck!”

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Good example of a smart, instinctive, aware player cleverly circumventing the rule.........versus a mental mistake factory like 2019 Cody Ford.

Johnson clearly knew the rule so he didn't turn to face Edmunds and draw the attention of the official(smart).........felt the backside pursuit of Edmunds(instinctive).......made a snap decision to fake that he was being forced involuntarily backwards by the defender in order to intercept Edmunds(aware).

Regardless, it puts to bed the idea that it was being called consistently.

• Like (+1) 2

This is an example of how an inept official can destroy an entire season of great play and put a cloud over a young player. This was an obvious homer call and determined the outcome of a playoff game. Football should treat egregious calls by the same ref like the way baseball doesn't allow Angel Hernandez to umpire WS games.

I remember there were a few folks here arguing that it was an illegal block... there was just no way.

Bad call and surprised someone in their officiating org admitted as much - uncharacteristic and water under the bridge.

I may be in the minority, but I thought that overall the officiating was a bit better last year.

They decided to  limit the holding calls on linemen altogether and the games had a bit more continuity rather than drawn out flag fests.

I thought that was a win as those subjective calls rarely seemed to fall our way enough with Hughes getting mugged every other play on D and often killing any big play we made on O. 

Puts them right at the fringe of Hauscka range to.  They win that game without that call.  I guess now with Watson about to go into NFL exlie the league no longer finds the need to protect him.  I think Allen slides into that spot and Buffalo gets more Primetime games and more calls.