NFL admits it screwed Buffalo 15 months after-the-fact

That BS call never would have happened if three Bills players could have blocked one Texan on the QB sweep play just before it. Josh would absolutely have scored on the play, it was a perfect call.

Still chafes my ass to think about that one.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Rubes said:

That BS call never would have happened if three Bills players could have blocked one Texan on the QB sweep play just before it. Josh would absolutely have scored on the play, it was a perfect call.

Still chafes my ass to think about that one.

Yup. Knox and Morse cost us the game on that play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Utah John said:

That blind-side block call was the second-worst of the game, the worst of course being the decision to let the Texans off the hook for botching the second half kickoff return.  At that point, the refs just got out their Ouija board and made something up to keep the pro-Texan networks happy.

Remember the guys dressed in black that ran out on the field to reverse that call? I had never seen that before!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

In hind-site, I'm glad it happened.  Same for the Hail Murray.  Those losses made this team better and gave them the killer instinct

Team learned that you are more than 11 people on opposite side of field and needs to be more aggressive in scoring.

13 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Remember the guys dressed in black that ran out on the field to reverse that call? I had never seen that before!! 

Maybe they were paid as part of money which went for full time referees.  

Part of the justification for that was referees would participate more in camp and would learn rule book and scenarios better  - did not happen.

39 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Actually it would’ve been a 55 yard FG attempt.... he barely had the distance on that 47 yarder and struggled with the long kicks all year... the reason the Bills got rid of him. 

They may have gone for it on 4th down.

So is there like an official form I need to fill out in order to get a refund for my flight and game tickets, un-teach the kids sitting near me at NRG Stadium the colorful language coming out of my mouth after that play, and tack a few years back onto my life, or...?

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

And the media all said by rules thats a penalty. But they all skipped over one word in blindside block rule. And that is excessive/forceable.

Exactly.

It was not forcible contact and was not a penalty.

• Agree 3

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

In hind-site, I'm glad it happened.  Same for the Hail Murray.  Those losses made this team better and gave them the killer instinct

you're glad calls went against us and we lose? That's a bunch of crap

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not true.  They smartened up and got rid of O'B.

Assets, players, and horrible management. Coupled with losing on the field and in the public eye. While our Bills have been building a product we've all waited for.

5 hours ago, RangerDave said:

With 15 months' worth of interest!

I will say that it does take guts for the NFL to admit they made a mistake, and admit it in such a public manner.  They could have just continued to officially agree with the call, while notifying their referees discreetly not to call it again.

A lot easier to admit with the Bills making it all the way to the AFC Championship game this year.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Utah John said:

That blind-side block call was the second-worst of the game, the worst of course being the decision to let the Texans off the hook for botching the second half kickoff return.  At that point, the refs just got out their Ouija board and made something up to keep the pro-Texan networks happy.

Yes.  That was even worse.  They literally just decided to change the rule in the middle of a playoff game.  There was a very good thread on this at the time.  It should have been ruled a safety. 

7 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

So much of the stuff about sugar high Josh comes from the fact that we lost that game. There's no doubt he did melt down in that game but if that flag wasn't called and the FG is good, chances are he gets praised for leading us back in the face of adversity 

Yeah.... he still has those wtf moments though. So did Favre. That Indianapolis sack fumble thing had me losing my mind. Phew... glad Mongo fell on it. 

No one is perfect