NFL admits it screwed Buffalo 15 months after-the-fact

Well the issue i have with it is that that double downed on that being a classic blind side block. And the media all said by rules thats a penalty. But they all skipped over one word in blindside block rule. And that is excessive/forceable... Ford barely touched the guy. Just hit him enough to free up Josh running. He could have delivered a big hit and lit him up then it would have been a penalty but Ford was just making a smart football play by freeing up a teammate.

Edited by Kmart128
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Well the issue i have with it is that that double downed on that being a classic blind side block. And the media all said by rules thats a penalty. But they all skipped over one word in blindside block rule. And that is excessive/forceable... Ford barely touched the guy. Just hit him enough to free up Josh running. He could have delivered a big hit and lit him up then it would have been a penalty but Ford was just making a smart football play by freeing up a teammate.

Yup.  It was neither blind as the defender saw Ford and it was little more than a bump.  The spirit ("common sense") of the law was to prevent defenders from getting jacked-up while defenseless.

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

But maybe they did us a favor as the article referenced... got us Diggs and a hungry and much-improved Josh Allen

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/04/nfl-officiating-admits-blown-blindside-block-call-in-bills-wild-card-loss-to-texans.html?outputType=amp

NFL officiating admits blown blindside block call in Bills’ Wild Card loss to Texans

Thanks NFL!!! Just DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!

The funny thing is that the NFL has not even directly said they were wrong on the original call.  I mean, sure, they are now using it as an example of a legal block, but I’m missing the actual mea culpa.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Beast said:

Still waiting for the apology for Home Run Throw-up and No Goal.

No goal is eternal BS.  The Music City Miracle no-call doesn't bother me as badly.  That pass was close, and the no-call wouldn't have mattered if we just covered the freakin' kickoff properly!

As for this, he better be getting his fine $$$ back!  The NFL makes truckloads of cash, they need to up their officiating.  If they accept only the elite as players, and pay them accordingly, the same should be true of the officials.

9 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The funny thing is that the NFL has not even directly said they were wrong on the original call.  I mean, sure, they are now using it as an example of a legal block, but I’m missing the actual mea culpa.  

Using it as an example of an acceptable hit is admitting it was the wrong call.  Now it's possible they sent a letter to the Bills soon after and that was never made public, but that's speculation.

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

Already got the apology when the Texans imploded and Watson started being a serial massage rapist.

Texans may have won the playoff game, but you know Beane the Witch consulted with Jobu about this, told him Watson had drank his rum, and the inevitable results came, in due time...

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, The Red King said:

No goal is eternal BS.  The Music City Miracle no-call doesn't bother me as badly.  That pass was close, and the no-call wouldn't have mattered if we just covered the freakin' kickoff properly!

As for this, he better be getting his fine $$$ back!  The NFL makes truckloads of cash, they need to up their officiating.  If they accept only the elite as players, and pay them accordingly, the same should be true of the officials.

The Titans got to the SB and got their retribution karma wise when they lost by one yard ......yes the yard they cheated the Bills with on that forward pass.

I was never so happy about another team winning the SB as I was that year.

My friends thought I was nuts screaming and cheering "take that you cheating bustards"

• Haha (+1) 3

I started a thread on this BS blind side block penalty after the game and there was some fool arguing with me that Ford’s block was a penalty despite what was painfully obvious to everyone, that it was a horrifically bad call with game changing implications in the playoffs.

If I was the vindictive type I’d pull up that thread just to shove it back in his troll face, but I’m not that kinda guy.....

I agree with the posters above, two things need to happen next, an official mea culpa letter from the NFL to the Bills, and second, they need to cut Cody Ford a check with interest for their ridiculous, covering their own ass fine.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

In hind-site, I'm glad it happened.  Same for the Hail Murray.  Those losses made this team better and gave them the killer instinct

Not the Hail Mary pls - that one game may have cost us a #1 seed. Ofc nothing is certain - but I woulda felt good about our chances down the stretch - at least woulda put some pressure on KC.

Ain't that some BS if i was Cody i'd be like WTF gimme back my dam money !! 

And i want royalties on using it as a learning video to teach the new guys .

Is the video called "How Not to Screw Up a Call During the Play Offs" !! 

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I started a thread on this BS blind side block penalty after the game and there was some fool arguing with me that Ford’s block was a penalty despite what was painfully obvious to everyone, that it was a horrifically bad call with game changing implications in the playoffs.

If I was the vindictive type I’d pull up that thread just to shove it back in his troll face, but I’m not that kinda guy.....

I agree with the posters above, two things need to happen next, an official mea culpa letter from the NFL to the Bills, and second, they need to cut Cody Ford a check with interest for their ridiculous, covering their own ass fine.

I’ll find the thread!