NFL admits it screwed Buffalo 15 months after-the-fact

But maybe they did us a favor as the article referenced... got us Diggs and a hungry and much-improved Josh Allen

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/04/nfl-officiating-admits-blown-blindside-block-call-in-bills-wild-card-loss-to-texans.html?outputType=amp

NFL officiating admits blown blindside block call in Bills’ Wild Card loss to Texans

Thanks NFL!!! Just DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 8
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to NFL admits it screwed Buffalo 15 months after-the-fact

That blind-side block call was the second-worst of the game, the worst of course being the decision to let the Texans off the hook for botching the second half kickoff return.  At that point, the refs just got out their Ouija board and made something up to keep the pro-Texan networks happy.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I also need an apology for the halftime kickoff 

That will come in another 15 months ;)

57 minutes ago, Utah John said:

That blind-side block call was the second-worst of the game, the worst of course being the decision to let the Texans off the hook for botching the second half kickoff return.  At that point, the refs just got out their Ouija board and made something up to keep the pro-Texan networks happy.

Did you see all those extra officials dressed in black head out onto the field from the stands?

I thought the guys wearing the stripes were in control of the game?

The only thing missing was the Black Suburban's ;)................but I guess they were parked outside ;)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

But maybe they did us a favor as the article referenced... got us Diggs and a hungry and much-improved Josh Allen

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/04/nfl-officiating-admits-blown-blindside-block-call-in-bills-wild-card-loss-to-texans.html?outputType=amp

NFL officiating admits blown blindside block call in Bills’ Wild Card loss to Texans

Thats like hoping your puppy won't pee on the carpet ;) 

So much of the stuff about sugar high Josh comes from the fact that we lost that game. There's no doubt he did melt down in that game but if that flag wasn't called and the FG is good, chances are he gets praised for leading us back in the face of adversity 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Cody Ford should ask for his fine money back .. he was fined for what the NFL considers a legal block ... I would have my agent all over the league office

With 15 months' worth of interest!

I will say that it does take guts for the NFL to admit they made a mistake, and admit it in such a public manner.  They could have just continued to officially agree with the call, while notifying their referees discreetly not to call it again.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You don't say?  Where are the posters who argued that that was a good call? :rolleyes:

And the premise that it got the Bills Diggs and made Josh hungry is dumb.  Even if the Bills had won the game, they would have lost to the Chefs the following weekend, leading them to still add Diggs and Josh to be hungry. 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

In hind-site, I'm glad it happened.  Same for the Hail Murray.  Those losses made this team better and gave them the killer instinct

Not me.  This is not a Horatio Alger novel where “the little lad learns life’s lessons” and it all gets tied up with a bow at the end.  A playoff win in Houston might’ve helped this franchise grow even faster than it did, attract more free agents, build the confidence they need to beat KC, etc.  Or they could’ve gone on a run and won a Lombardi?

Life is too short for the shenanigans that go on with NFL officiating.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

5 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

I have to admit my first thought when I saw the title of this thread was, "Wait a minute... they knew Deshaun Watson was a sex pest way back then and let him play anyway?"

You may be onto something there.  Why would they wait 15 months later (they usually acknowledge this quickly) and after Watson's issues arose?