TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

With the 62nd pick in the draft Green Bay Packers select Dillon Radunz OT North Dakota State. With Bakhtiari on the shelf, GB decides to invest in the future of their offensive line. 

@frostbitmic and the chiefs are on the clock

43 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Anyone want to make the pick for the Packers?

Sorry for the delay was in church

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

With the 62nd pick in the draft Green Bay Packers select Dillon Radunz OT North Dakota State. With Bakhtiari on the shelf, GB decides to invest in the future of their offensive line. 

@frostbitmic and the chiefs are on the clock

Sorry for the delay was in church

I think that is the right pick FWIW.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 63rd pick in the 2021 draft the Kansas City Chiefs select ... Walker Little - T - Stanford.

Early in his time at Stanford Little was on his way to being a 1st round draft choice. Injury in 2019 and opting out in 2020 ended that idea. Little should be healthy now , at least we hope so.

#Bigdaddyinorlando and his bucs are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bucs (BigDaddyInOrlando) are on the clock
16 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

With the 63rd pick in the 2021 draft the Kansas City Chiefs select ... Walker Little - T - Stanford.

Early in his time at Stanford Little was on his way to being a 1st round draft choice. Injury in 2019 and opting out in 2020 ended that idea. Little should be healthy now , at least we hope so.

fantastic pick for them.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

He’s one of those interesting guys caught in covid that could end up being a high pick and nobody knows who he is.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

He’s one of those interesting guys caught in covid that could end up being a high pick and nobody knows who he is.

Agreed.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the chiefs picked him in rd 1.  

• Like (+1) 1

With the 64th pick of the NFL draft the Tampa Bay Bucs select Tommy Tremble, Te of the University of Notre Dame

Although he didn’t posses big receiving numbers he does have the skill set to do so. Being able to learn from Gronkowski and Brady will expedite his learning curve and allow him to fit in the offense slowly with the potential to step in as the starter in 2022!

the Jags and @NewEra are now on the clock!

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jaguars (NewEra) are on the clock

With the 65th pick in the NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select, Elijah Molden, CB, Washington.  

We’ve addressed the O entirely in this draft and it’s time to address the D.  We feel that Molden is the type of playmaker the secondary needs.  While DT is currently the bigger need, the value just isn’t there.  Molden is our BPA and we feel he’s a great compliment to play the slot in between CJ Henderson and Shaquill Griffin 

@Alphadawg7 and the Jets are now on the clock

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jets (Alphadawg7) are on the clock

With the 66th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select:  Jackson Carman, OT/G Clemson.

Doubling down on doing the opposite of what we did with Darnold, we are adding here second new prospect along our OL to help protect our new QB. Carman brings versatility as well to our OL as we see him projecting into a potential starting guard at the next level after a successful college career at LT.  We see a lot of potential for him sliding inside to guard, but with the versatility to backup our starting LT Becton if needed.  

@RyanC883 and the Houston Texans are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Texans (RyanC883) are on the clock

With the 67th pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select, Josh Myers, C, Ohio State.  

Houston has a TON of needs, one of them is Center.  While WR is also a clear need for Houston, this appears to be the last center available with a day 1 starter grade on him while some WRs will likely be available for Houston later in the draft.    

@GunnerBilland the Atlanta Falcons are now on the clock.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 66th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select:  Jackson Carman, OT/G Clemson.

Doubling down on doing the opposite of what we did with Darnold, we are adding here second new prospect along our OL to help protect our new QB. Carman brings versatility as well to our OL as we see him projecting into a potential starting guard at the next level after a successful college career at LT.  We see a lot of potential for him sliding inside to guard, but with the versatility to backup our starting LT Becton if needed.  

@RyanC883 and the Houston Texans are now on the clock.

i don’t hate your draft but you know that there is close to zero% chance of the Jets drafting 4 offensive players in a row right?  Saleh is not gonna have that.  I’d go so far as to say that #23 will be a defensive player, most likely a CB named Greg Newsome.  

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Falcons (Gunner Bill) are on the clock

With the 68th pick of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select, Quinn Meinerz, C, Wiconsin-Whitewater.  

My first offensive selection of the draft is a center and a guy I have been trying to trade up to snag for the last 10 picks. The Falcons lost veteran center Alex Mack in free agency and while they do have Matt Hennessey who they took out of Temple in round 3 last year they also have a vacant starting job at left guard where Meinerz started in college in 2019. I think Meinerz's ceiling is way above that of Hennessey but we might be happy to slide him in at guard as a rookie before moving him to center in year 2. This guy just screams Arthur Smith. That inside zone / power hybrid blocking scheme that he ran for Derrick Henry in Tennessee is perfect for Meinerz's skill set. Love the fit. 

@BigdaddyinOrlando and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are now on the clock.

56 minutes ago, NewEra said:

i don’t hate your draft but you know that there is close to zero% chance of the Jets drafting 4 offensive players in a row right?  Saleh is not gonna have that.  I’d go so far as to say that #23 will be a defensive player, most likely a CB named Greg Newsome.  

I don’t disagree with you, but this draft did not fall very realistic either before my picks.  

The defense is in way better shape than the offense, especially the mess of an OL IMO.  They just flushed a ton of assets down the toilet they used to draft Darnold because they didn’t support him.  My target at 23 definitely included DB, but at 23 the DBs I had graded higher were taken in this draft.  I’m certain the 23rd pick will be either OL or DB depending how the real draft falls.  And there were a ton of DBs taken by the time the 3rd round pick came around, so went for the OL again as I didn’t see one worth taking there.  And they need the help on the line.  

And you took the DB I was gonna take in the third the pick before me too :) 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

With the 69th pick of the NFL draft, the Tampa Bay Bucs select: Katy Vincent Jr, cb from LSU.

Vincent brings some serious speed and is well suited to play slot corner. Has tremendous speed and coverage skills. Teams can never have enough corners in today’s game and taking one from LSU is never a bad thing! 

The Patriots and @Doc Brown are on the clock

20 hours ago, whatdrought said:

he’s like a fringe third rounder at best. 1 tech isn’t a top 100 pick, let alone top 65. 

I have him as the 85th best player on my board, Would have been a good 3rd, hate him as the 2nd.

19 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I don't understand why the Bills appear to not be allowed trade.

Yet this mock has had a trade on nearly every other pick.

Need another team to trade with, no one wanted to trade with Bills