TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

For me I just don’t see what he adds to this offense? He’s a developmental move TE that’s probably never gonna be very good in-line and will be a year or two away from producing in this offense - he’s a less athletic hedge against Knox not taking a step. If I’m gonna grab a TE in that range I’d rather get Tremble, who I know can come in and be a good blocker right now and has as much upside as a receiver.

I disagree here.  Move tight ends can’t block.  He can block.  RAC ability is what he brings to the offense.  

I wouldn’t mind tremble but they aren’t nearly the same players when the ball is in their hands. Jordan can make people miss and has some juice.  Apparently his 40 sucked but he still has some wiggle.  A lot of wiggle for a TE and imo, has more upside as a receiver than tremble.

i think tremble might be better for us because he’s a better fit opposite knox, mainly because he’s a great blocker.  Jordan is just a decent blocker.  

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

It isn’t Bloke. 

Mediocre class. QBs at the top are decent prospects, the OT class is very good. The rest really doesn't excite me. Decent depth at receiver is the only other thing I'd say but it doesn't have as many day 1 and 2 guys at the position as last year. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Mediocre class. QBs at the top are decent prospects, the OT class is very good. The rest really doesn't excite me. Decent depth at receiver is the only other thing I'd say but it doesn't have as many day 1 and 2 guys at the position as last year. 

Can agree. DT very weak. DE underwhelming. Strength in this class is QB early. Top end talent to about 18players. Big drop to next tier but next tier pretty solid though 50. After that not much. OT depth is good. CB and S class isn’t bad. 

TE not good

LBer is good but a lot of specialized skill sets. 

our pick locations miss out on the top tier and 2nd tier. I would trade down from 30 grabbing futures. If I was Beane and trading down I wouldn’t grab additional picks in this class I would grab picks for next class. 

also would not mind giving up all picks this year to get to top 15 (won’t happen) for the top end talent in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Can agree. DT very weak. DE underwhelming. Strength in this class is QB early. Top end talent to about 18players. Big drop to next tier but next tier pretty solid though 50. After that not much. OT depth is good. CB and S class isn’t bad. 

TE not good

our pick locations miss out on the top tier and 2nd tier. I would trade down from 30 grabbing futures. If I was Beane and trading down I wouldn’t grab additional picks in this class I would grab picks for next class. 

also would not mind giving up all picks this year to get to top 15 (won’t happen) for the top end talent in the draft. 

My 100th graded player is an early 4th on my board. In most years my 100th player is somewhere just past the mid 3rd. I have:

18 true 1sts, plus 4 borderline

35 2nds, plus 4 borderlines

It's a strange draft class. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Packers (NeverOutNick) are on the clock
15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

TE not good

While a lot of people have expressed a "disinterest" in this draft, I think it's going to be one of the most interesting, for the reasons you stated.  In playing with some of the mock drafts, some of the better outcomes come from trading back. If they can pick up a 2nd in 2022, then 2 R2 picks can get them close to the top 10. However...

It looks as if the Bills think they have a legitimate shot this year, so that would suggest being aggressive and getting someone who can help immediately (CB, Edge?). Using their R2 pick could get them just inside 20. They could probably get Newsome here.   Would Beane give up R2 and R3 for one player to move up a few more spots? Alternatively, Using R3 to move up in R2 gets them just inside the top 50, and the second tier of CB and Edge.  The trade back scenario would put them in the mid 40s for the same group.  All conjecture, and why I'm excited about this draft.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I hate this exercise. 

Exercise is fine, result is not.

I don't watch college but I've been hearing for three months on TBD how Shelvin is one of the candidates for 1TDT for our 3rd round pick. And somehow we just took him in second. Weird.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Exercise is fine, result is not.

I don't watch college but I've hearing for three months on TBD how Shelvin is one of the candidates for 1TDT for our 3rd round pick. And somehow we just took him in second. Weird.

he’s like a fringe third rounder at best. 1 tech isn’t a top 100 pick, let alone top 65. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

he’s like a fringe third rounder at best. 1 tech isn’t a top 100 pick, let alone top 65. 

and that’s ok.....it’s make believe.  Beane won’t make the same mistake and reach this high to fill a need

29 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So I agree Shelvin is a late third rounder, that is the grade I have on him. But he inside my top 100 - he is #85 - which says more about this class than anything else. There are other years where a late 3rd round grade would have a player 120-140 on my board. 

38 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

My favorite is the fact that people were voting for a 4th rd DE AFTER WE JUST TOOK ONE IN THE FIRST. 

Probably should’ve been Eskridge or Cox. 

Who were they voting for?

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So I agree Shelvin is a late third rounder, that is the grade I have on him. But he inside my top 100 - he is #85 - which says more about this class than anything else. There are other years where a late 3rd round grade would have a player 120-140 on my board. 

Who were they voting for?

Basham and Tryon. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I don't understand why the Bills appear to not be allowed trade.

Yet this mock has had a trade on nearly every other pick.

Probably just too hard to organize and make reasonable since every voter is a bills fan...

for better or worse, I think it’s actually informative in showing how important it is for beane to do his thing and move around the draft board. 

• Agree 2