TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

With the 79th Pick in TSW Mock 2.0 draft the Carolina Panthers Select, Nico Collins, WR Michigan.  The Las Vegas Raiders @inaugural balls are on the clock.

Panthers could have gone a couple routes here, however there was a value pick standing out graded 52 on our Board Nico also fills a need for another weapon.  Initially we will us his size at 6-4 215 for immediate help in the Redzone.  After opting out in college, he slipped in drafts, because he needed those reps.  However, already has good body control, hands and contested catch ability.  However the other thing that worried that showed up on tape is inability to separate, however that our scouts have decided it is more to do with sloppy and lazy routes than speed and quickness.   And his proday numbers prove that out with a 4.43 40 and a 6.71 in the three cone.  He has the speed and ability to get open at all levels of the defense.  Has the size, speed to be a WR1.  

With that the Panthers wrap up the TSW Mock, they should be quite happy with the results.

Micah Parsons, LB - Slots into Mike Competition with Denzel Parryman (moves Shaq Thompson back to WILL) and Hassan Riddick at SAM

Ifeatu Melifonwu, DB - Will immediately push for CB2

Jalen Mayfield, OT - Gregg Little and Moton likely have the spots locked down this year so Jalen will fight for Swing or kick inside to OG unseating Daley or Elflien initially

Nico Collins, WR - WR3 initially with Moore and Anderson likely holding down WR1 and WR2 but will utilize matchup issues in redzone.

2022 1st round pick - Assets 

That would be quite a haul for the in flux Panthers through 3 rounds.  Leave some needs that need to be addressed with DT, S, TE.  However will address these in 4-7 depending how draft falls from here on out value for us will be at DT in round 4.  

Thanks @Virgil and crew as always these are always fun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Raiders (Inaugural balls) are on the clock

With the 80th selection in the 2021 TSW Mock Draft, the Las Vegas Raiders select, Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford.

The Dolphins and the venerable@Bill from NYCare on the clock.

The Raiders have made a concerted effort to beef up the defense. Here, we've selecting the tall, ball hawking corner who excels in press coverage. Paulson displays the range and speed we covet and is sorely needed. 

Christian Barmore DT

Gregory Rosseau DE

Paulson Adebo CB

With the addition of the above 3 players, we feel we're better poised to compete in an ever improving division that possesses some top tier offenses.

A shout out to @Virgiland @whatdrought. This truly is a blast! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Dolphins (Bill from NYC) are on the clock

With pick #81, the Dolphins step up to the podium and to the surprise of many, select Shaun Wade - CORNERBACK - Ohio State  University. An explanation is in order.

Wade's stock has dropped considerably since the title game because he was toasted several times by Davonta Smith. My contention is that it would have happened to any corner in this draft. The thing is, he also had some good plays and good hits.

As some might have guessed, I don't spend much time during the college season evaluating corners. I watch right guards more than corners. I liked some of what I saw of Wade, to include his tackling technique. He is big and strong, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him play safety.  I think that the kid can play football and is a steal this late. @YoloinOhioand @Willyville Guyare in a better position than me to evaluate this selection.

I think that my draft was very good if I do say so myself, to the point that I hope that it doesn't happen.

I want extend my thanks to my man @Virgil and @whatdrought, as well as every poster who participated and made this a fun thing to do during these trying times.  

@Virgilis on the clock.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

With pick #81, the Dolphins step up to the podium and to the surprise of many, select Shaun Wade - CORNERBACK - Ohio State  University. An explanation is in order.

Wade's stock has dropped considerably since the title game because he was toasted several times by Davonta Smith. My contention is that it would have happened to any corner in this draft. The thing is, he also had some good plays and good hits.

As some might have guessed, I don't spend much time during the college season evaluating corners. I watch right guards more than corners. I liked some of what I saw of Wade, to include his tackling technique. He is big and strong, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him play safety.  I think that the kid can play football and is a steal this late. @YoloinOhioand @Willyville Guyare in a better position than me to evaluate this selection.

I think that my draft was very good if I do say so myself, to the point that I hope that it doesn't happen.

I want extend my thanks to my man @Virgil and @whatdrought, as well as every poster who participated and made this a fun thing to do during these trying times. 👍:)🏈

@MAJBobbyis on the clock.

@Virgil this is your pick I think. Because end of day I only had 1 pick in third. With the trades 

9 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I want extend my thanks to my man @Virgil and @whatdrought, as well as every poster who participated and made this a fun thing to do during these trying times. 👍:)🏈

@MAJBobbyis on the clock.

I think that is higher than he will be drafted, but I think he can play slot corner or possibly safety. He’s a high character, intelligent kid with a strong work ethic and very athletic. I could see urban Meyer taking him, as he knows him extremely well, coached him for a couple years and knows exactly what he can and can’t do, and also Shaun is from Jacksonville. Fwiw there is an evaluation from an unnamed nfl scout on a Buckeye insider board and he said “we won’t be drafting him” ... I have a feeling his 2020 film is going to doom him if urban doesn’t pull the trigger. He was injured and the secondary was bad overall, but that’s just what that scout said. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think that is higher than he will be drafted, but I think he can play slot corner or possibly safety. He’s a high character, intelligent kid with a strong work ethic and very athletic. I could see urban Meyer taking him, as he knows him extremely well, coached him for a couple years and knows exactly what he can and can’t do, and also Shaun is from Jacksonville. Fwiw there is an evaluation from an unnamed nfl scout on a Buckeye insider board and he said “we won’t be drafting him” ... I have a feeling his 2020 film is going to doom him if urban doesn’t pull the trigger. He was injured and the secondary was bad overall, but that’s just what that scout said. 

I have him pegged 4th / 5th borderline and as a safety. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

@Virgil this is your pick I think. Because end of day I only had 1 pick in third. With the trades 

It’s your pick.  I went back and looked.  I only had one 3rd round pick and I made it. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Panthers (MAJBobby) are on the clock
5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The Panthers @MAJBobby are on the clock

After messing up the draft and flow. The Carolina Panthers apologize and with the 82nd pick in the TSW Mock Draft we select, Jay Tufele, DT, USC.  The Bears @LEBills are on the clock. 

Three down IDL that will help turn that position into a strength.  Will pair with Brown nicely. And interior pressure galore.  Fast violent hands, can stack double Teams if he learns to keep his pad level lower. 

that wraps our draft. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bears (LEBills) are on the clock

With the 83rd selection in the 2021 TSW Mock Draft, the Chicago Bears select, Carlos “Boogie” Basham, DL, Wake Forest.

The Eagles and @Watkins101 are on the clock.

The Bears are very excited to have added CB Greg Newsome, OT Sam Cosmi and DL Carlos Basham. All of which we had graded much higher than where we had selected them. Outside of QB, Cornerback and RT were out two biggest needs and we believe we have filled them with athletic Day 1 starters. Our DLine situation is complicated in that we have Khalil Mack on one side and an underperforming Robert Quinn on the other. We believe Boogie can give us good play early to compliment Mack and grow into a player that can work along the DLine in different pressure packages. 

Thank you to everyone for a great time!

• Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Eagles (Watkins101) are on the clock

With the 84th pick of the 2021 NFL draft, the Eagles select Pete Werner, Lb, Ohio State. 

We were happy to see Werner at the middle of the third round. He has good size and is athletic, and should be a solid role player at the line backer position.

The Titans @bkep32 are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Titans (Bkep32) are on the clock

With the 85th pick of the 2021 TSW Mock Draft 2.0, the Tennessee Titans select - Tutu Atwell - WR, Louisville

We are extremely excited to see Tutu fall to us in the mid of the 3rd round.  We were in talks with multiple teams to try to move up and after those fell through we just sat and waited and prayed we could land this guy.  He brings tremendous speed to the WR position and pair that up with AJ brown might open up some seems for him to blow passed people.  He maybe undersized but his hands are great and can evade tacklers.  He needs to make people miss in space and he does just that.  In todays game and offensive schemes he can be the perfect threat.

The Jets @Alphadawg7are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jets (Alphadawg7) are on the clock
40 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

With the 85th pick of the 2021 TSW Mock Draft 2.0, the Tennessee Titans select - Tutu Atwell - WR, Louisville

We are extremely excited to see Tutu fall to us in the mid of the 3rd round.  We were in talks with multiple teams to try to move up and after those fell through we just sat and waited and prayed we could land this guy.  He brings tremendous speed to the WR position and pair that up with AJ brown might open up some seems for him to blow passed people.  He maybe undersized but his hands are great and can evade tacklers.  He needs to make people miss in space and he does just that.  In todays game and offensive schemes he can be the perfect threat.

The Jets @Alphadawg7are on the clock.

Tutu is a dead man walking at the size of an 8th Grader out there on the field. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

165lbs.  Bad Things Man

bus tackle GIF by ADWEEK

Actually, Tutu weighed in at 149lbs in Indy. My 13 year old is 5'4", weighs 138lbs, and plays for his middle school team as a LB/RB. He's 11lbs less than Tutu. 

Edited by H2o

24 minutes ago, H2o said:

Actually, Tutu weighed in at 149lbs in Indy. My 13 year old is 5'4", weighs 138lbs, and plays for his middle school team as a LB/RB. He's 11lbs less than Tutu. 

Did he really?? Lol