TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I have him as the 85th best player on my board, Would have been a good 3rd, hate him as the 2nd.

Snap.

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So I agree Shelvin is a late third rounder, that is the grade I have on him. But he inside my top 100 - he is #85 - which says more about this class than anything else. There are other years where a late 3rd round grade would have a player 120-140 on my board. 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Snap.

That saying great minds......

Find it interesting that there has been 6 players not even in my top 150 selected already.  

Lowest graded player selected so far on my board (in the top 150)  is Quinn Merinerz (have him at 117)

I have 4 left in my top 50

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

That saying great minds......

Find it interesting that there has been 6 players not even in my top 150 selected already.  

Lowest graded player selected so far on my board (in the top 150)  is Quinn Merinerz (have him at 117)

I selected Quinn, I am much higher on him, he is #68 on my board. Lowest picked is Kary Vincent (the last pick made by the Buccs) who is my #119. Payton Turner is not fully graded and "on my board" as I haven't watched 3 full games of him but my provisional grade was 5th round. Davyion Nixon is my best available (don't think he has been picked) at #37 on my big board. 

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I selected Quinn, I am much higher on him, he is #68 on my board. Lowest picked is Kary Vincent (the last pick made by the Buccs) who is my #119. Payton Turner is not fully graded and "on my board" as I haven't watched 3 full games of him but my provisional grade was 5th round. Davyion Nixon is my best available (don't think he has been picked) at #37 on my big board. 

You’re on the clock yo!

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Patriots (Doc Brown) are on the clock
1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yeah I dont have Vincent in my top 150.  Turner is at 92 on mine.  My BPA Amon-Ra St. Brown sitting at 43. 

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I dont have Vincent in my top 150.  Turner is at 92 on mine.  My BPA Amon-Ra St. Brown sitting at 43. 

I haven't got around to St.Brown. So he is not on my board but it doesn't reflect at all on his ability. Just can't get to everyone and work has been pretty manic this spring so I have watched fewer players than the last two years. I saw a bit of him when scouting Pittman Jnr last year and he looked decent enough but that is pretty much all I have on him. He was on the WR list. Just never got to him. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't got around to St.Brown. So he is not on my board but it doesn't reflect at all on his ability. Just can't get to everyone and work has been pretty manic this spring so I have watched fewer players than the last two years. I saw a bit of him when scouting Pittman Jnr last year and he looked decent enough but that is pretty much all I have on him. He was on the WR list. Just never got to him. 

I hear you, I have actually had a pretty slow spring with work.  Defense Contracts slowed down a bit, they ramp back up around may and I will be running around with my hair on fire based on the proposals that are coming out in my Portfolio.  

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Falcons (GunnerBill) are on the clock

With the 71st pick of the 2021 NFL Draft the Atlanta Falcons select, Daviyon Nixon, Defensive Tackle, Iowa.

I tried to take Christian Barmore with my 2nd round pick before realising he was already off the board. I have waited on Nixon who I did consider at that spot and he is, by my board, the best player remaining. At 6'3, 305 lbs he is not the biggest but he has speed and elite change of direction skills for a man so large. He isn't as versatile as Barmore and is probably more obviously a RDE in in Dan Pees 3-4 base, at least as a rookie, but when Pees had smaller speedier interior linemen in Tennessee he used more hybrid looks and ran some 4-3 fronts too where Grady Jarrett and Nixon would represent a fearsome inside pass rushing duo. The objective of this draft was defensive playmakers: Patrick Surtain, Zaven Collins and Daviyon Nixon is a huge talent infusion on that side of the ball as well as grabbing my plug and play starting center for the next decade in Quinn Meinerz. 

The knee biting Detroit Lions and @Reed83HOF are now on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 71st pick of the 2021 NFL Draft the Atlanta Falcons select, Daviyon Nixon, Defensive Tackle, Iowa.

I tried to take Christian Barmore with my 2nd round pick before realising he was already off the board. I have waited on Nixon who I did consider at that spot and he is, by my board, the best player remaining. At 6'3, 305 lbs he is not the biggest but he has speed and elite change of direction skills for a man so large. He isn't as versatile as Barmore and is probably more obviously a RDE in in Dan Pees 3-4 base, at least as a rookie, but when Pees had smaller speedier interior linemen in Tennessee he used more hybrid looks and ran some 4-3 fronts too where Grady Jarrett and Nixon would represent a fearsome inside pass rushing duo. The objective of this draft was defensive playmakers: Patrick Surtain, Zaven Collins and Daviyon Nixon is a huge talent infusion on that side of the ball as well as grabbing my plug and play starting center for the next decade in Quinn Meinerz. 

I know this is a bit off topic, but more of a random thought now that you mention his name. How much does it look like Dean Pees was just tired of being the DC under Vrabel so he "retired" for one year, but then comes back as DC for his buddy Arthur Smith who gets the HC gig in Atlanta? 

Really solid draft for the Falcons by the way Gunner. :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I know this is a bit off topic, but more of a random thought now that you mention his name. How much does it look like Dean Pees was just tired of being the DC under Vrabel so he "retired" for one year, but then comes back as DC for his buddy Arthur Smith who gets the HC gig in Atlanta? 

Really solid draft for the Falcons by the way Gunner. :thumbsup:

Yep. I get the sense that Pees does not like interference in his defense from the HC. He left the DC position in New England for a demotion initially in Baltimore because he had his fill of Belichick and then it feels like he did the same last year after two years with Vrabel. He looks like a guy to me who wants his HC to leave him alone and let him work. I think he will get that with Smith. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Lions (Reed83HOF) are on the clock
5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Like Daviyon Nixon.  I know he isn’t a 2 gap guy or 1T, but do you think he and Oliver cold play at the same time?  That would be much more quickness and penetration than Star provides.

Edited by OldTimer1960

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. I get the sense that Pees does not like interference in his defense from the HC. He left the DC position in New England for a demotion initially in Baltimore because he had his fill of Belichick and then it feels like he did the same last year after two years with Vrabel. He looks like a guy to me who wants his HC to leave him alone and let him work. I think he will get that with Smith. 

Or, maybe Pees just doesnt like "The Patriot[***] Way." 

Either its effect on him, or as a way to get the most out of his players.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

A good get here. 

Did you expect to see Barmore fall?

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No I just missed the fact that someone else had picked him when I went on the clock at the start of round 2 :D

Got ya👍

I took him at 19. Your draft prowess is clearly keener than mine but I didn’t think where I took him was too far off from reality.