TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks.  I love him, I’ve been hoping he will fall to the Bills at 30, but I don’t see him making it past the Jets.  Although, most thought Cody Ford wouldn’t slide out of the first and he slid to us in the 2nd.  

I know DL, CB, or RB is a hot choice for the Bills in the first, but if he somehow manages to fall to us at 30, I think Beane runs to the podium to take him.  

Im not enamored with too many guys on the DL at 30, and I think the DBs worth taking there are also likely gone before we pick.  And I seriously doubt Bills go RB at 30 after signing Breida and still having both Devin and Moss along with some interesting potential still in AW and Wade.  

Jets could go CB or RB there too, but I think they will look to address the OL first to not repeat the same mistakes they made with Darnold.

I mocked AVT to the Jets just this past weekend in my v2.0. I think he'd be a great pick for them and they are undoubtedly looking at oline early. They spent their FA money on defense and a receiver. They can't make the mistake with Wilson they made with Darnold. They have to protect him. I started my review of AVT expecting to say "guard only, 2nd rounder." But I absolutely believe he could play left tackle. The Jets won't need him to, they have Becton, but if you are picking a guy that high to play G or RT I am okay with it so long as he can be your LT if you need him to be. I think AVT can. 

I agree with your general view of the class too.... there are 4 corners worth a 1st and they'll be gone (unless Farley's medical really is not good), the Dline options there are projects rather than day 1 contributors, RB feels unlikely.... If the best player available is an olineman who has the potential to play LT at some point in the NFL the Bills should take him and find a way to get him on the field earlier at guard or by moving other guys around. AVT will be gone though. I am pretty sure. 

• Agree 1

(From the #3 tee...) Trade! 

The NY Giants have traded pick 27 (acquired from the Ravens) to the Steelers of Pittsburgh for pick 24.  The teams have agreed to swap round 2 picks. The Steelers get pick 42 in exchange for pick 55. 

With the 24th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the New York football Giants select Azeez Ojulari, Edge, Georgia. The Jacksonville Jaguars and @Newera are on the clock. 

On the move back from 11, the Giants were tempted to take a sexier pick in one of the top 3 WRs, but acquiring Orlando Brown Jr gives them bookend tackles to protect Gettleman’s franchise QB Daniel Jones.  Most likely, they move Thomas to the right side where he can immediately unleash his all-pro potential (and it keeps Brown from whining). 

With Ojulari, the Giants land the last of, in their view, the top three edge rushers in the draft.  Most of the Giants pressure in 2020 came from the dominant Leonard Williams in the middle.  Ojulari gives them the outside pressure they need and is a nice fit in DC Patrick Graham’s multi-front schemes.   

Giants GM feels very good about taking care of two significant needs with their first round moves, and, most important, the trade allows him to get in his round of golf without the undue pressure of holding up version 2.0 of the draft

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I mocked AVT to the Jets just this past weekend in my v2.0. I think he'd be a great pick for them and they are undoubtedly looking at oline early. They spent their FA money on defense and a receiver. They can't make the mistake with Wilson they made with Darnold. They have to protect him. I started my review of AVT expecting to say "guard only, 2nd rounder." But I absolutely believe he could play left tackle. The Jets won't need him to, they have Becton, but if you are picking a guy that high to play G or RT I am okay with it so long as he can be your LT if you need him to be. I think AVT can. 

I agree with your general view of the class too.... there are 4 corners worth a 1st and they'll be gone (unless Farley's medical really is not good), the Dline options there are projects rather than day 1 contributors, RB feels unlikely.... If the best player available is an olineman who has the potential to play LT at some point in the NFL the Bills should take him and find a way to get him on the field earlier at guard or by moving other guys around. AVT will be gone though. I am pretty sure. 

Yeah, he was pretty darn good at LT, so his versatility is something teams will covet.  I’ve watched a lot of USC living here in So Cal, and he’s been a guy I’ve had my eye on for us this draft.

And we already know our staff loves versatility on the OL, so if he somehow manages to slide to us, I think it’s a no brainer pick for us.  If he makes it past the Jets, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Beane start exploring a small trade up as he gets closer to our pick, similar to Ford.  I think he’s that good of a fit here and will be high on Beanes board as our pick approaches.  

But like you, I believe he doesn’t last.  I honestly think he is going to be the Jets pick if he makes it to them, and I think there is a good chance he does.  

I haven’t seen your mock yet, but I’ll go check it out soon today.  Always enjoy them and your thoughts.  

• Like (+1) 1

With the 25th selection of the 2021 TSW mock draft, the LasVegas Raiders select, Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami.

He’s long, he’s strong and he’s fast - though still maturing. With the likes of Mahomes, Herbert and Denver lurking, Gruden knows this is a crucial year - a crucial draft. With holes all over the defense, we feel good about pairing Greg and Christian Barmore. Together, they shall reek havoc and make life miserable for opposing offenses. This tandem, we feel, will help us compete in an ever improving division. 

The Browns and @BarleyNY are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Browns (BarelyNY) are on the clock
21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, he was pretty darn good at LT, so his versatility is something teams will covet.  I’ve watched a lot of USC living here in So Cal, and he’s been a guy I’ve had my eye on for us this draft.

And we already know our staff loves versatility on the OL, so if he somehow manages to slide to us, I think it’s a no brainer pick for us.  If he makes it past the Jets, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Beane start exploring a small trade up as he gets closer to our pick, similar to Ford.  I think he’s that good of a fit here and will be high on Beanes board as our pick approaches.  

But like you, I believe he doesn’t last.  I honestly think he is going to be the Jets pick if he makes it to them, and I think there is a good chance he does.  

I haven’t seen your mock yet, but I’ll go check it out soon today.  Always enjoy them and your thoughts.  

I simply cannot believe the Bills will be looking at an O-lineman at 30.  They are set at OT and the interior is pretty strong, too.  They will be looking for someone who will come in and contribute this year, which means WR, CB or possibly Etienne or an edge like Paye or Phillips if they slide to 30.

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1

You’re right, @Logic.  Who am I kidding?  The Browns are delighted to sprint to the podium (electronically ofc due to Covid restrictions). 

With the 26th pick in the 2021 TBD pretend NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame. 

Well that was easy.  Except for the patience.  Never thought 🃏 would fall to 26. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

I simply cannot believe the Bills will be looking at an O-lineman at 30.  They are set at OT and the interior is pretty strong, too.  They will be looking for someone who will come in and contribute this year, which means WR, CB or possibly Etienne or an edge like Paye or Phillips if they slide to 30.

I think (from the list of players likely to be there) Teven Jenkins and AVT would be the only ones that would be worth considering, and only if you think you can drop them into one of the guard spots as a day-1 starter. Ford has potential as a guard, but we haven't really seen *it* from him there, yet. So if you're getting a guy who can play OT or OG and an improvement over the other guy who can (sort of) play OT and OG, next to the guy who can play OG and OC, I think you're building depth and flexibility really across the whole line with a minimal number of assets. 

All that said, definitely think there are bigger needs to address.

• Agree 1