TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think you owe us a quick pick this time. 5 hour hold up on the 2nd most obvious pick in the draft.  Your two picks are sitting at almost 8 hours of pain

amber heard waiting GIF

This pick put me on the clock at 3am my time.  Luckily I get up between 5:30 and 6:30 am everyday or May not have even seen it ;)   

Just now, BarleyNY said:

I agree.  You’d want him on the field over Johnson for sure.  And we need a Big Nickel.  I see Edge and outside CB as bigger priorities though.  Again, I love JOK as a player and would love to have him.  Having to trade up for him would make it a tougher sell for me though.  But again, I still wouldn’t hate it at all. 

I'm with you. At this point, I think the Bills will go CB or Edge. If JOK somehow fell to 30 (not likely), I would pull the trigger but I don't want to give up draft capital to go get him with other needs. They need to pick up a CB, Edge, IDL (1T and arguably another 3T), and a WR, IMO. I am more and more convinced that if the right player is there, it will be a CB. Outside of re-signing Levi Wallace to a one-year deal, they did nothing to address that position. In fact, after this coming season, Tre White and Dane Jackson will be the only CBs under contract. It could be argued that not only do they need to upgrade CB2, they also need to add a slot  CB(s).

• Agree 1

With the 23rd pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the New York Jets select Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT/G USC

Examining how poorly we managed to protect Darnold, and seeing how much better our divisional rivals built a line to expedite Josh Allen’s development into elite status, we easily came to decision that Slater with his ability and versatility to play multiple positions on the OL was the easy choice here.  The unified message in our war room after picking QB Wilson was simply...”Dont f*** this one up, get the kid some protection”.  

The Steelers and @Dont Stop Billeivingare now on the clock.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This pick put me on the clock at 3am my time.  Luckily I get up between 5:30 and 6:30 am everyday or May not have even seen it ;)   

3am? You live in Hawaii?  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 30th pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the New York Jets select Rashawn Slater, OT/G Northwestern.  

Examining how poorly we managed to protect Darnold, and seeing how much better our divisional rivals built a line to expedite Josh Allen’s development into elite status, we easily came to decision that Slater with his ability and versatility to play multiple positions on the OL was the easy choice here.  The unified message in our war room after picking QB Wilson was simply...”Dont f*** this one up, get the kid some protection”.  

Slater was taken with the 13th pick 

Just now, NewEra said:

3am? You live in Hawaii?  

California.  Woke up at 6:30am and it said I was on the clock and that post was made over 3 hours earlier.  I literally went to bed at 1am and kept checking it all the way until then, but I still wasn’t on the clock.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 30th pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the New York Jets select Rashawn Slater, OT/G Northwestern.  

You took who with what pick? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

California.  Woke up at 6:30am and it said I was on the clock and that post was made over 3 hours earlier.  I literally went to bed at 1am and kept checking it all the way until then, but I still wasn’t on the clock.  

Don’t go back to bed!!  You have to make another pick. 

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

3am? You live in Hawaii?  

Slater was taken with the 13th pick 

16 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

You took who with what pick? 

Sorry, my bad! I copy and pasted the wrong one off my list.  Meant my boy Alijah Vera-Tucker from USC.  I edited it already. 

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Don’t go back to bed!!  You have to make another pick. 

lmao, I get up this early every day naturally.  I don’t like more than 5 to 6 hours of sleep.  

The pick is easy, I literally made a draft board list in Evernote on my phone lol.  I was just put on the clock at 3am while I was obviously in bed.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sorry, my bad! I copy and pasted the wrong one off my list.  Meant my boy Alijah Vera-Tucker from USC.  I edited it already. 

lmao, I get up this early every day naturally.  I don’t like more than 5 to 6 hours of sleep.  

The pick is easy, I literally made a draft board list in Evernote on my phone lol.  I was just put on the clock at 3am while I was obviously in bed.  

Your sexual conquests are of no concern to us. Do your job right next time or there will be consequences. :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Steelers (Don’t Stop Billievin) are on the clock
32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 30th pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the New York Jets select Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT/G USC

You mean, the 23rd pick.....

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You mean, the 23rd pick.....

Haha my bad, I was reading the proposed Bills trade posts and had Bills pick on my mind haha.  My bad.  Was too early in the morning apparently before my coffee haha.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 23rd pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the New York Jets select Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT/G USC

Awesome pick. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Awesome pick. 

Thanks.  I love him, I’ve been hoping he will fall to the Bills at 30, but I don’t see him making it past the Jets.  Although, most thought Cody Ford wouldn’t slide out of the first and he slid to us in the 2nd.  

I know DL, CB, or RB is a hot choice for the Bills in the first, but if he somehow manages to fall to us at 30, I think Beane runs to the podium to take him.  

Im not enamored with too many guys on the DL at 30, and I think the DBs worth taking there are also likely gone before we pick.  And I seriously doubt Bills go RB at 30 after signing Breida and still having both Devin and Moss along with some interesting potential still in AW and Wade.  

Jets could go CB or RB there too, but I think they will look to address the OL first to not repeat the same mistakes they made with Darnold.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Although, most thought Cody Ford wouldn’t slide out of the first and he slid to us in the 2nd.  

Yeah, lucky us.

Of course, it was still necessary for us to trade up in the second round in order to take advantage of this great good fortune.

• Haha (+1) 1