TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

Trade Alert. 

The Panthers and Raiders have agreed to the following trade.

Raiders trade picks 17, 48 and 79 to the Panthers

In return the Raiders receive picks 19, 39 and 73 from the Panthers

With the 17th pick in the TSW Mock draft. The Carolina Panthers select Micah Parsons, LB PSU.  The Fins and @Bill from NYC are on the clock. 

Carolina after trading back to 19th picking up a 2nd this year and 2022 1st for ammo in case our Darnold gamble fails use a Beane tactic and jump up a bit for an insanely athletically gifted LBer. 

If I didn’t get a partner at 8th Parsons was going to be the pick and a pleasure to get him at 17. Had to get in front of Dolphins in our scenarios we played out. 

Parsons brings us a sideline and sideline LBer with freakish athletic ability. No 1 need filled with No 1 player on the board. And got two picks in the pocket as well.  Inside/outside linebacker prospect possessing an NFL-ready frame and explosive speed that could make him a highly productive talent at the next level.  Will be given the Mike spot for competition immediate pushing Shaq to the more fit WLB spot as he struggled at Mike. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Can't see the Eagles reaching for WR in round 1 two years in a row...

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Maybe OL there.  

Yes, the Eagles did take Reagor early last year. However, he had a modest stat line of 11 games played and less than 400 yards. Even if he does develop and become a legitimate weapon, the Eagles WR room is very devoid of talent and at the bare minimum needs a quality #2 option (it could be argued they need a #1 and a #2. 

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

With the 17th pick in the TSW Mock draft. The Carolina Panthers select Micah Parsons, LB PSU.  The Fins and @Bill from NYC are on the clock. 

Parsons brings us a sideline and sideline LBer with freakish athletic ability. No 1 need filled with No 1 player on the board. And got two picks in the pocket as well.  Inside/outside linebacker prospect possessing an NFL-ready frame and explosive speed that could make him a highly productive talent at the next level.  Will be given the Mike spot for competition immediate pushing Shaq to the more fit WLB spot as he struggled at Mike. 

If you believe the rankings I used to generate a "consensus top 31", he was the last of the top 12. There is a clear fall off before moving into the next group from 13-21.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

If you believe the rankings I used to generate a "consensus top 31", he was the last of the top 12. There is a clear fall off before moving into the next group from 13-21.

I have him as a top 10 player on my board. At the same time though I only have 15 players with 1st round grades. Another 5 that could pull the grade is medicals and interviews and such go well. But overall really only see 15-20 1st round prospects in this years draft. I didn’t think after moving out of 8 I would have another shot at him but glad I did at least to this pick I read the mock right. 

Now to running scenarios for my next pick though honestly probably taking a break from those until the start of next round. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Trade Alert. 

The Panthers and Raiders have agreed to the following trade.

Raiders trade picks 17, 48 and 79 to the Panthers

In return the Raiders receive picks 19, 39 and 73 from the Panthers

Carolina after trading back to 19th picking up a 2nd this year and 2022 1st for ammo in case our Darnold gamble fails use a Beane tactic and jump up a bit for an insanely athletically gifted LBer. 

If I didn’t get a partner at 8th Parsons was going to be the pick and a pleasure to get him at 17. Had to get in front of Dolphins in our scenarios we played out. 

Nice move @MAJBobby.  If I were the raiders, I would’ve sprinted to the podium and snagged Parsons myself.

29 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Yes, the Eagles did take Reagor early last year. However, he had a modest stat line of 11 games played and less than 400 yards. Even if he does develop and become a legitimate weapon, the Eagles WR room is very devoid of talent and at the bare minimum needs a quality #2 option (it could be argued they need a #1 and a #2. 

Eagles should’ve kept the pick and drafted waddle imo

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

Sprint?

Apparently you've never laid your eyes on me.

The raiders have been in need of a LB like Parsons for a long time.  I think he’s the perfect fit and unlikely to fall that far.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

The raiders have been in need of a LB like Parsons for a long time.  I think he’s the perfect fit and unlikely to fall that far.  

Oh, I hear you. The silver and black are in need in many areas as you know. 

I understand the player I passed up. It wasn't done on a whim. I'm hoping I've positioned myself better via this trade. 

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

OK, so who is up after me at 19?  Is it Innaugural Balls?

yessir

• Like (+1) 1

Holy crap this thing is a mess lol. Virgil bless your soul trying to keep track of all this. I thought we tried to keep these kinda realistic in the past but maybe I didn’t pay attention to the trade one very much. Y’all are abusing the heck out of this. I blame Costner and the Draft Day movie 😂😂😂😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Miami Dolphins happily step up to the podium and select Alex Leatherwood - OT - University of Alabama Crimson Tide. 

We do so because even though this is earlier than some other mocks project him to go, we have been watching him since he was a true freshman. Alex is strong, very smart, and hard working. He has played and excelled at RG, RT, and LT. In another draft, this kid is a top 10 pick. 

We have now provided Tua with a GREAT TE, and a high quality blocker with whom he is VERY familiar.

Alex is #70 in this clip. He stepped in at LT in the title game as a true freshman. Check out this wonderful player. 

Inaugral Balls is on the clock!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

If this mock draft has shown anything so far, it's that football fans feel that trading around in the draft is a whole lot of fun.

I don't think I traded much in the past based on the team.  This one, yup as I was able to acquire 2 additional second rounds.  Last year in the real draft there were 10 trades in round 1.  We are at 5 now.

5 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I don't think I traded much in the past based on the team.  This one, yup as I was able to acquire 2 additional second rounds.  Last year in the real draft there were 10 trades in round 1.  We are at 5 now.

I'm not knocking anybody. Trading IS fun. It's fun to collect more picks in a mock draft. Also, if you're the team trading UP, it's much easier to pull the trigger when it's all just make-believe, when real money and careers aren't on the line.

Still, these things always seem to have more trades than happen in real life. Just an observation.

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

Given we'll see 5 QBs going in the top 10, some very good players will slide, which will make it more enticing for teams, especially since there is a drop off in talent in the second half of R1. 

I'd be shocked to see Parsons make it to 17, but I can certainly see a team or two trying to move up to 13 or 14 to nab him if he's still on the board.  I think the real draft is going to be wild.  Can't wait. 

I have my annual "meeting" April 29 with someone connected to the Bills, so I always try to pry a few nuggets.  He said the McBeane era has really tightened the loose lips though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I gave up a lot to move from 5 to 6 but I would do it again in a heart beat. I could have stood still and had a choice of Waddle or Davonta Smith and STILL think that it was worth it to grab Pitts. I can easily be wrong but imo he is the best TE prospect since Kellen Winslow Sr. If Pitts stays healthy mentally and physically, I see him as a HOF talent. 

I wonder where he would go if there were not so many highly regarded qbs in this draft.

• Like (+1) 1