TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I have him just above his stable mate which I know is not the majority opinion. I just think he has more chance to be special as a pro. Williams is probably safer but I can imagine him being one of those JAG starting running backs. 

Carter is faster than Williams and he always, always beats the first defender...

• Agree 1

I have him just above his stable mate which I know is not the majority opinion. I just think he has more chance to be special as a pro. Williams is probably safer but I can imagine him being one of those JAG starting running backs. 

First of all, you're wrong. Javonte Williams is a beautiful football player and was close to being my RB1.

I have two names that I'm curious about where/if they figure on your board. Ronnie Perkins and Hamilcar Rashed.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

First of all, you're wrong. Javonte Williams is a beautiful football player and was close to being my RB1.

I have two names that I'm curious about where/if they figure on your board. Ronnie Perkins and Hamilcar Rashed.

Not watched Rashed. I presumed Perkins was gone..... he is actually my BPA then... revise my list!! He is #43 on my board. Mid to late 2nd round grade. I think for a 4-3 base team they could value him a little higher. His tape is fun to watch. He plays angry. Would not be oppose to the Bills moving up a few spots in round 2 if they go in another direction at #30 and Perkins is sitting there 6 or 7 picks before we go on the clock. 

With the 77th pick, the Los Angeles Chargers select Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami.  @H2o and the Vikings are on the clock.

Jordan probably isn't the best player left on the board, but TE is a need for this team long-term and this late in the draft, a 2-way TE with Jordan's upside is a gift to Justin Herbert (who loves to use his TEs).

• Like (+1) 1

Not watched Rashed. I presumed Perkins was gone..... he is actually my BPA then... revise my list!! He is #43 on my board. Mid to late 2nd round grade. I think for a 4-3 base team they could value him a little higher. His tape is fun to watch. He plays angry. Would not be oppose to the Bills moving up a few spots in round 2 if they go in another direction at #30 and Perkins is sitting there 6 or 7 picks before we go on the clock. 

I'm so glad that we agree on Perkins. He reminds me so much of Jerry Hughes, it's actually a little distubring. A little more bend and flexibility and using his hands around the edge and he would be devastatingly good. I have a moderate crush on their DC, Alex Grinch. That whole front plays the game hard as hell.

I'm finishing off a few pass rushers and I'm stunned that I've heard such little buzz about him.

With 78th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.... The Minnesota Vikings select.... Brady Christensen.... Offensive Tackle.... BYU

Our OL needs work and thankfully this is a deep area in the 2021 draft. Christensen was the one keeping Zach Wilson clean from the blindside so he could be the #2 pick in the draft. Maybe considered undersized by some at only 305lbs, he makes up for it with his use of angles and the punch he gets against the DL'man across from him. He also plays with an attitude and is athletic enough to make a difference at the 2nd level after his initial punch. We think he has potential at OT, but could also slide inside if need be. Either way, we get ourselves a starter with the #78 pick. 

@MAJBobby and the Panthers are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, mannc said:

Carter is faster than Williams and he always, always beats the first defender...

Speed is the only thing that matters too.  I’ve learned that after reading your comments about RBs.  Is javian Hawkins better than Javonte Williams?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Speed is the only thing that matters too.  I’ve learned that after reading your comments about RBs.  Is javian Hawkins better than Javonte Williams?

As a pro prospect, yes, especially for the Bills, who lack speed at RB...

• Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Bills RBs are not good. The Bills RBs are also not fast. 

But those 2 points of evidence do not mean that speed is the missing piece of the puzzle. You're VASTLY overrating speed when it comes to evaluating RBs. 

• Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Panthers (MAJBobby) are on the clock
10 minutes ago, mannc said:

For the Bills, he is probably a better fit, especially considering we should be able to get him in rd 5.  I agree that we need speed @ RB.  I feel that there are several other attributes more important to a rb than speed.  It’s overrated in your mind imo.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

For the Bills, he is probably a better fit, especially considering we should be able to get him in rd 5.  I agree that we need speed @ RB.  I feel that there are several other attributes more important to a rb than speed.  It’s overrated in your mind imo.  

Hawkins won't be available in round 5, but if he is, great.  I'm guessing he comes off the board no later than round 3.  

The one element that's missing from the Bills' offense is speed.  Even Diggs is not a burner.  They need at least one more playmaker who is a homerun threat every time he gets the ball and I think adding one at RB makes sense, especially if it's in the third round or later.  I think they should also be looking to add someone like Dyami Brown, Elijah Moore or Rondale Moore at WR for the same reason.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Hawkins won't be available in round 5, but if he is, great.  I'm guessing he comes off the board no later than round 3.  

The one element that's missing from the Bills' offense is speed.  Even Diggs is not a burner.  They need at least one more playmaker who is a homerun threat every time he gets the ball and I think adding one at RB makes sense, especially if it's in the third round or later.  I think they should also be looking to add someone like Dyami Brown, Elijah Moore or Rondale Moore at WR for the same reason.

I got another $25 to your $25 that says Hawkins is taken in after our pick in rd 3.  😃

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

To the 2nd part of your post, I agree.  I’ve been saying exactly that for the last 4 months.  

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

I quite like Javian as a receiving back and a return man but round 3 would be way too early for me. Not sure how he's getting on the field as a rookie when his pass pro skills are so underdeveloped.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I quite like Javian as a receiving back and a return man but round 3 would be way too early for me. Not sure how he's getting on the field as a rookie when his pass pro skills are so underdeveloped.

5th-6th Round seems more likely where Hawkins falls to me, but the kid is electric with the ball in his hands. There's a reason he got the nickname "PlayStation".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I got another $25 to your $25 that says Hawkins is taken in after our pick in rd 3.  😃

OK, but the bet is that Hawkins is gone by the end of day 2, in other words round 3 or sooner.   

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

5th-6th Round seems more likely where Hawkins falls to me, but the kid is electric with the ball in his hands. There's a reason he got the nickname "PlayStation".

I always struggle with grading guys like him because there's so much to like but, ultimately, you are likely manufacturing touches for him. I do like guys like him that are something different and think every team should have one of those tendency breaker types on their roster.

Philosophically, I look at them like I do tight ends. The value of the player is the volume you're willing to trust them with.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I always struggle with grading guys like him because there's so much to like but, ultimately, you are likely manufacturing touches for him. I do like guys like him that are something different and think every team should have one of those tendency breaker types on their roster.

Philosophically, I look at them like I do tight ends. The value of the player is the volume you're willing to trust them with.

He reminds me of a slightly taller, slightly faster version of Boston Scott. Scott was a 6th Round pick. I don't see anyone taking him before day 3. 

40 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Look at some of the RBs who have gone in round 3 recently...plenty of guys with less talent than Hawkins...

30 minutes ago, mannc said:

OK, but the bet is that Hawkins is gone by the end of day 2, in other words round 3 or sooner.   

too many comp picks these days.  My point was that he would be available after we picked in rd 3.  I’ll stick with my free $25 from the other bet 😀