TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

Baron Browning LB

4 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Trying to be as objective as possible... The Draft Network lists WR, CB, OT as the Lions' top needs. They took Chase in the 1st so OT or CB... Eric Stokes (CB, Georgia) and Dillon Radunz (OT, NDSU) are the best available on TDN's rankings, at those positions...

I guess Stokes seems logical.  Believe it should be defense after all of the offense picks early recently

3 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Baron Browning LB

I guess Stokes seems logical.  Believe it should be defense after all of the offense picks early recently

Completely indifferent to it. I think it's important to remember that this is just for fun and completely made up. As long as it's a sensible pick and not, like, a long snapper or something, probably worth just pulling the trigger and keepin' on keepin' on...

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Trying to be as objective as possible... The Draft Network lists WR, CB, OT as the Lions' top needs. They took Chase in the 1st so OT or CB... Eric Stokes (CB, Georgia) and Dillon Radunz (OT, NDSU) are the best available on TDN's rankings, at those positions...

Make the pick boss 

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Make the pick boss 

F it, I'm here, got tied up at work and needed another hour...

Eric Stokes CB is the Lions pick

21 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Completely indifferent to it. I think it's important to remember that this is just for fun and completely made up. As long as it's a sensible pick and not, like, a long snapper or something, probably worth just pulling the trigger and keepin' on keepin' on...

FYI,

We need CB OT 1T LB and safety.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Steelers (Don’t Stop Billievin) are on the clock

With the 42nd selection of the 2021 TSW mock draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Creed Humphrey, Center, Oklahoma.

We have been eyeing this prospect since the beginning of the draft and in the second round, we are racing to the podium to turn in this card and lock down our franchise center. Humphrey is a two-time team captain and won Big 12 Offensive Lineman of the Year as a junior and again as a senior. He's a above average rather than elite athlete, but is a durable technician who can be a cornerstone for our franchise on and off the field.

Executing the trade back in the first round and selecting Najee Harris were both made with this pick in mind as well given the value in getting Humphrey at pick #42 and the fact he wouldn't have likely lasted until our original second rounder at #55. Humphrey projects as a Day 1 plus starter at center and should be an upgrade over the recently retired Maurkice Pouncey whose play had been declining. With these first two picks in Harris and Humphrey, we believe that we have brought in two really impressive reinforcements to protect Big Ben and reinvigorate the vaunted Pittsburgh rushing attack. 

P.S. Some team called the Bills has been kicking our butts the past two years...so we figured if you can't beat them, join them and now we are just going to draft former wrestlers who scream process. 

The 49ers and @HappyDays are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 4

With the 43rd pick, the San Francisco 49ers select Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia.  The Cowboys @Logic on the clock.

This was an easy one. I want to start off by thanking the Lions for taking the lesser of the two Georgia CBs.

Several times throughout the 2nd round I thought about trading up for Campbell, but I decided giving up more picks after giving away so much for Mac Jones would be too risky. Thankfully the player I've been targeting all along fell into my lap anyways.

The 49ers have very little depth at CB. Jason Verett is on a one year deal and has rarely stayed healthy and he's about to be 30. We came into the draft needing to find his replacement. Tyson Campbell gives us the athleticism that we covet at the position and he is easily BPA on our board at this point.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Cowboys (Logic) are on the clock

In the interest of keeping this draft moving along so that we can get it finished up by Memorial Day, I'll just make my pick immediately. This draft's already got more trades than Carter's got pills, anyway.

With the 44th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, The Dallas Cowboys select Jevon Holland, DB, Oregon

Our defense couldn't stop a nosebleed last year. We brought in Dan Quinn to right the ship, and drafted Jaycee Horn in the 1st round to bolster our pass defense. However, our starting safeties are set to be Damontee Kazee and Donovan Wilson. If you just said "What in the hell is a Damontee Kazee?!" or "didn't Donovan Wilson play at Woodstock?", you're not alone. Our safety pairing scares nobody. Holland provides positional versatility, as he can function as a traditional safety or a big nickel/slot corner. He's a versatile, playmaking chess piece. With Trevon Diggs, Jaycee Horn, and now Jevon Holland in the fold, we feel we have infused our secondary with exciting playmaking ability.

Defensive tackle was a consideration, but we like the depth of that class and feel we can find contributors in the third round. Offensive tackle was also considered, but Tyron Smith and La'el Collins will both be returning form injury, and we brought in giant mountain-sized space alien Ty Nsekhe via free agency to hold down the fort in case either isn't ready for opening day.

@NewEra and the future London Jaguars are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

With the 42nd selection of the 2021 TSW mock draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Creed Humphrey, Center, Oklahoma.

We have been eyeing this prospect since the beginning of the draft and in the second round, we are racing to the podium to turn in this card and lock down our franchise center. Humphrey is a two-time team captain and won Big 12 Offensive Lineman of the Year as a junior and again as a senior. He's a above average rather than elite athlete, but is a durable technician who can be a cornerstone for our franchise on and off the field.

Executing the trade back in the first round and selecting Najee Harris were both made with this pick in mind as well given the value in getting Humphrey at pick #42 and the fact he wouldn't have likely lasted until our original second rounder at #55. Humphrey projects as a Day 1 plus starter at center and should be an upgrade over the recently retired Maurkice Pouncey whose play had been declining. With these first two picks in Harris and Humphrey, we believe that we have brought in two really impressive reinforcements to protect Big Ben and reinvigorate the vaunted Pittsburgh rushing attack. 

P.S. Some team called the Bills has been kicking our butts the past two years...so we figured if you can't beat them, join them and now we are just going to draft former wrestlers who scream process. 

The 49ers and @HappyDays are on the clock.

You are correct, he would not have made it to #55.  The Bengals were targeting at #49.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jaguars (NewEra) are on the clock

My apologies for the hold up.  I flew the entire Jags front office out to Vegas for a 12 hour bender to celebrate the Chiefs bypassing Teven Jenkins.  Just got home.

With the 45th pick, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State. 

James O’Shaughnessy is currently our starting tight end and we don’t have a backup.  Need I say more? Carry on 

the Eagles and @Watkins101 are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Eagles (Watkins101) are on the clock
3 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I've currently got 5 names in mind for the Rams pick at 57. Please do me a favour and pick at least two of them today or I'm going to drive myself nuts.

Something tells me that's a short drive...:beer::devil:

• Haha (+1) 1

With the 46th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State

Cornerback was arguably our biggest need coming into the draft. After adding a receiver and stud interior o-lineman with our first two selections, we were thrilled to see that Asante Samuel Jr was still available at this point in the second round. We feel he's a starter right off the bus. 

@glazeduck and the San Diego Los Angeles SuperChargers are now on the clock

....and @Watkins101: You're in timeout. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1