TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

With the 39th pick in the NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select, Elijah Moore, WR, Mississipi.

With DJ Chark and Marvin Jones on the outside and Shenault lining up all over the place, including the backfield, we felt that we needed to give Trevor Lawrence a top tier slot WR that can also take the top off the defense. Moore has speed, quickness and is electric with the ball in his hands.  We see him as the perfect compliment to our current WR unit and  can’t wait to utilize his speed.  This pick, along with Teven Jenkins, will make James Robinsons job easier.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

With the 39th pick in the NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select, Elijah Moore, WR, Mississipi.

With DJ Chark and Marvin Jones on the outside and Shenault lining up all over the place, including the backfield, we felt that we needed to give Trevor Lawrence a top tier slot WR that can also take the top off the defense. Moore has speed, quickness and is electric with the ball in his hands.  We see him as the perfect compliment to our current WR unit and  can’t wait to utilize his speed.  This pick, along with Teven Jenkins, will make James Robinsons job easier.  

He was interviewed on NFL Radio Movin' the Chains yesterday - a good interview and seemed like a process kinda of guy.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

He was interviewed on NFL Radio Movin' the Chains yesterday - a good interview and seemed like a process kinda of guy.

Starting to think he or terrace Marshall should be our pick @30.  Rashod Bateman  would be fun too, but I don’t think he’ll be there

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Starting to think he or terrace Marshall should be our pick @30.  Rashod Bateman  would be fun too, but I don’t think he’ll be there

I think it's going to be WR and CB at 30 and 61, but not necessarily in that order.  It will depend who's there and which group they think is deeper.  Both seem pretty deep to me and, after the first couple guys, no real consensus as to who's in the next tier, which I think is good for us.. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I have some heartburn with a WR at 30 but if BPA, then so be it.

I feel you.  You just have to look beyond 2021. Seems like everyone is hell bent on adding a player that will have the biggest impact on the 2021 season.....while Beane is likely adding the BPA at a position of relative need and positional value. 

This is a very good WR class imo.  A class with speed.  We need speed on O.  It’s one of our biggest needs. The WRs we have under contract for 2021: Diggs and Davis (and Hodgins, if he makes the team).  Our O should maintain 5 very good WRs imo. That’s what we do.  Throw the ball

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Broncos (Whatdrought) are on the clock
6 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think it's going to be WR and CB at 30 and 61, but not necessarily in that order.  It will depend who's there and which group they think is deeper.  Both seem pretty deep to me and, after the first couple guys, no real consensus as to who's in the next tier, which I think is good for us.. 

agreed.  I really hope we can land a corner with one of our first 2 picks. We NEEE one.  Badly.  Maybe even another one in rd 5-7.  We need more athletes in the secondary.  Speed.  Our current corners are a step below what I’d like athletically. Draft a couple cbs that can hit and run

Just now, Virgil said:

The Broncos @whatdrought are on the clock

My fault.

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I feel you.  You just have to look beyond 2021. Seems like everyone is hell bent on adding a player that will have the biggest impact on the 2021 season.....while Beane is likely adding the BPA at a position of relative need and positional value. 

This is a very good WR class imo.  A class with speed.  We need speed on O.  It’s one of our biggest needs. The WRs we have under contract for 2021: Diggs and Davis (and Hodgins, if he makes the team).  Our O should maintain 5 very good WRs imo. That’s what we do.  Throw the ball

I'm kind of partial to Terrace Marshall and Nico Collins myself. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DolFAN93 said:

So where does 2020 1st round pick LT Austin Jackson play? 😆

Well I wasn't a big Austin Jackson guy before the last draft and if I had Eich on board this year it wouldn't be left tackle. But regardless the Dolphins are more committed to him than me and in reality they are not taking offensive tackles with two of their first three picks. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well I wasn't a big Austin Jackson guy before the last draft and if I had Eich on board this year it wouldn't be left tackle. But regardless the Dolphins are more committed to him than me and in reality they are not taking offensive tackles with two of their first three picks. 

Gotcha. They're definitely in the market for a RT but I don't think they want to experiment with positions again; they did it last year with 2nd round pick Robert Hunt playing RG/RT. Miami needs differe ce makers.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think at the time a lot of people agreed that Jackson was a bit of a reach. Maybe more than a bit. I was glad to hear his name called when Miami picked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Gotcha. They're definitely in the market for a RT but I don't think they want to experiment with positions again; they did it last year with 2nd round pick Robert Hunt playing RG/RT. Miami needs differe ce makers.

Agreed.

I think the Dolphins SHOULD pick a right tackle and kick big ol' Robert Hunt into RG. But taking two tackles? I don't see how that would make any sense whatsoever, unless the value was just too great to ignore.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I think at the time a lot of people agreed that Jackson was a bit of a reach. Maybe more than a bit. I was glad to hear his name called when Miami picked.

I know it's early, but it's certainly looking like Miami may have whiffed on all three of its first round picks last year...almost Browns-like, really.  

9 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

I agree with you. But in the fictitious world that @Bill from NYC has created where my options for LT are Eich, Jackson or Leatherwood I'm choosing Eich. In reality I think the Dolphins go Pitts or Chase at #6 then edge at #18.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I agree with you. But in the fictitious world that @Bill from NYC has created where my options for LT are Eich, Jackson or Leatherwood I'm choosing Eich. In reality I think the Dolphins go Pitts or Chase at #4 then edge at #18.

When did the Dolphins get pick 4?  Did they trade again?