TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

With the 35th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Zaven Collins, Linebacker, Tulsa. 

The Miami Dolphins and @Bill from NYC ARE now on the clock. 

I might have mentioned the Falcons need defense and they need defensive playmakers. I have been pretty adamant that the ideal NFL fit for Zaven Collins is as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 base defense. Dean Pees would be able to take full advantage of his varied skill set in that role. He has the power, speed and agility to rush the passer and I would mainly want him attacking the line of scrimmage where he can also stonewall running backs and drop them for a loss. However, he can also drop into shallow zones and has the physicality to make a difference in space. I feel like I have massively upgraded the league's least talented defense with these two picks. 

2 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

That was a masterful job of redacting the evidence from our civil servant.

I am redaction expert. ;) 

• Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Dolphins (Bill from NYC) are on the clock

Sorry to all that I took 2 hours.

I agonized (OK, a bit extreme) over this selection. I had a different player in mind big time, but I am going to use, (against my original strategy) the @BADOLBILZ method of drafting.

The Miami Dolphins, with the 36th pick in the draft, select Liam Eichenberg - OT - University of Notre Dame. We did so because we have now provided Tua with tremendous tools to succeed in this draft. I mean really, 2 HIGHLY capable blockers who can both play at LT. Oh.....and Kyle Pitts, the best TE prospect I have seen in 30 or so years. 

As much as I like Tua as a player and even more as a person, I am a Bills Fan first. I really do hope that the draft doesn't go down this way. 

Btw, HUGE thanks to @Virgiland @whatdrought.  This was/is a fun time.

@Watkins101 is on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Eagles (Watkins101) are on the clock
23 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I agonized (OK, a bit extreme) over this selection. I had a different player in mind big time, but I am going to use, (against my original strategy) the @BADOLBILZ method of drafting.

The Miami Dolphins, with the 36th pick in the draft, select Liam Eichenberg - OT - University of Notre Dame. We did so because we have now provided Tua with tremendous tools to succeed in this draft. I mean really, 2 HIGHLY capable blockers who can both play at LT. Oh.....and Kyle Pitts, the best TE prospect I have seen in 30 or so years. 

As much as I like Tua as a player and even more as a person, I am a Bills Fan first. I really do hope that the draft doesn't go down this way. 

Bill, are the Phins planning to start four offensive tackles this year?😄

We can only hope...

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Eich is your left tackle. Bump your boy Leatherwood to the right side.

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

Bill, are the Phins planning to start four offensive tackles this year?😄

We can only hope...

The OTs that I chose can play many different positions.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Eich is your left tackle. Bump your boy Leatherwood to the right side.

Maybe.....

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I did come down to Eich or Collins for the Falcons after I tried to pick a player already picked. I have Eich higher but I really mean it when I say that going into the draft Atlanta's defence, at least on paper, is the worst in the entire NFL. 

The Raider brass might argue this.

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

After inexplicably passing on OL in the 1st round the Eagles still find themselves in the value trove of OL as their second round pick is anxiously awaited by the TSW Mock Draft participants.   

I suggest Landon Dickerson for the Eagles.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 38th pick, the Cincinnati Bengals select Jason Oweh, Edge,  Penn State

With the first 2 picks the offense was fortified.  Now it was time to turn towards the defense.  Edge and DT are positions of need.  The highest rated player on the board was Qweh so BPA meets need.

Oweh is high risk and high reward.  We are hoping his college pressure will turn into sacks as he grows into the pro game.  He is highly athletic but raw.  The Hendrickson FA signing gives him some time to mature.

The Jaguars @NewEra are on the clock. 

Note:  The page 1 list says TPS would be on the clock but I assumed it is wrong as newera is the GM for the Jags.

Edited by Just Joshin'
  • Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bengals (Just Joshin) are on the clock
3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

This is the right pick.

Yeah, looking back through this thread, I see you suggested it first. It was the right suggestion. Eagles desperately need to rebuild their entire o-line, but especially the interior. Dickerson is a great value here. Slam dunk.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jaguars (TPS) are on the clock
Just now, Logic said:

Yeah, looking back through this thread, I see you suggested it first. It was the right suggestion. Eagles desperately need to rebuild their entire o-line, but especially the interior. Dickerson is a great value here. Slam dunk.

He was highest on the board I am using and a position of need.  Logical.