TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

Just now, Blokestradamus said:

Drafting a corner in the first round when you don't have a QB isn't going to move the needle much for team success, I agree on that.

Taking one at the back end of the first when you have a QB isn't quite as bad, especially when you can have them cost-controlled for five years.

Actually, I agree. But even that didn't truly work out for the Bills, ya know?

17 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Trust me that Ossai will not reach the Bills in round two. He's still there, the Rams might do cartwheels to the podium.

I'm not a big fan of this WR class, if I'm honest. Once you get past Chase, Smith, Waddle and Marshall, I don't have anyone else graded in the top 2 rounds. I haven't graded DB's this year (because I hate them) but Campbell put on a show against a bunch of receivers that I've watched. I think he's a no-brainer here.

I like Campbell, but the consensus on him is late 2-3 round pick. Not sure why, except that some say he's very raw? 

Lance Zierline has him highly rated, and I usually appreciate his take on things. 

4 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I very much like Anthony Schwartz as a later round pick.

Schwartz is one of those guys that I like if he lasts until Day 3. Hard to ignore the fact that he ran the 100m in 10.07 in high school. The initial qualification time set by UK Athletics for Tokyo was 10.06.

He is still raw because he's never really needed technique being that unreasonably fast. A little more polish on his routes and getting down a consistent technique with his releases and he could be really good.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I like Campbell, but the consensus on him is late 2-3 round pick. Not sure why, except that some say he's very raw? 

Lance Zierline has him highly rated, and I usually appreciate his take on things. 

One of the predominent issues I've seen raised surrounds his ball skills. I can't disagree in terms of production.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

Schwartz is one of those guys that I like if he lasts until Day 3. Hard to ignore the fact that he ran the 100m in 10.07 in high school. The initial qualification time set by UK Athletics for Tokyo was 10.06.

He is still raw because he's never really needed technique being that unreasonably fast. A little more polish on his routes and getting down a consistent technique with his releases and he could be really good.

That's what I find appealing. Imagine a guy like that surrounded by 3 of the best route runners in the NFL? I don't know how true it is that players learn from one another, but I know John Brown's route running got a lot better when he started playing with Beasley. Or maybe Chad Hall is a wizard, I dunno. But Schwartz is exactly the kind of WR i want the Bills to target: later rounds, crazy athletic, pretty raw. I'd take my chances while we have this receiving corps in place. I'd be disappointed if they went for a guy like Dazz Newsome instead.

Edited by Boxcar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The consensus of who?  I’ve seen him mocked late first in several mocks.  The trends in online mock drafts aren’t really relative to the draft boards of nfl teams imo.  Every year, several players are taken much higher and lower than the “consensus”. 

all depends who the evaluator is. Chris Simms doesn’t even have Jaycee Horn in his top 5 corners, while many are predicting him to be the 10th pick in the draft

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

Of all the options listed, I'd honestly likely plump for Tyson Campbell.

Surely you'd pick your boy Eich? 

Ossai, Marshall, Eich and Campbell are my 4 off that list. They are all close enough in grade on my board that the Bills that you could factor need in. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Surely you'd pick your boy Eich? 

Ossai, Marshall, Eich and Campbell are my 4 off that list. They are all close enough in grade on my board that the Bills that you could factor need in. 

Value-wise, of course. I just think that corner is the best spot to upgrade with the options presented.

Ossai, while I really like him, is 'sub-optimal' as a typical fit. Marshall works as a long-term X-receiver option but I do worry about the snap count impact early on with the group ahead of him on the depth chart. Campbell feels logical and I don't always do logical.

34 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Value-wise, of course. I just think that corner is the best spot to upgrade with the options presented.

Ossai, while I really like him, is 'sub-optimal' as a typical fit. Marshall works as a long-term X-receiver option but I do worry about the snap count impact early on with the group ahead of him on the depth chart. Campbell feels logical and I don't always do logical.

Agree Ossai is a sub optimal fit. I feel like I do on Oweh. You draft those guys you have to do so in full acknowledgement that you are drafting projects. You are drafting high ceiling guys who could be productive edge players down the line but who are going to have to play a different game than they did in college to be what the Bills look for. Either is a 3rd down rush package only player as a rookie.

Campbell of those 4 has the easiest route to starting, for sure. Although I think Marshall would get opportunities to get on the field when Daboll realises it is his turn to 'benefit' from Beane's fetish for spending free agent dollars on guys minutes away from retirement..... definite daddy complex. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Chiefs (frostbitmic) are on the clock

With the 31 st pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Terrence Marshall - WR - LSU.

Another toy for Patrick to abuse defenses with. DC's will lose sleep trying ho figure out how to stop CEW, Kelce, Tyriek, Hardaway and Marshall. Our T position was a thought, but we have a couple of promising young guys that should keep Mahomes upright.

The Bucs @ #Bigdaddyinorlando are on the clock

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, frostbitmic said:

With the 31 st pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Terrence Marshall - WR - LSU.

Another toy for Patrick to abuse defenses with. DC's will lose sleep trying ho figure out how to stop CEW, Kelce, Tyriek, Hardaway and Marshall. Our T position was a thought, but we have a couple of promising young guys that should keep Mahomes upright.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

Trade Announcement

The Cincinnati Bengals have acquired pick #32 from the TB Bucs in exchange for picks 50 and 69.

With the 32nd pick, the Cincinnati Bengals select Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida. 

The Bengals need to add a third target who can get deep to supplement Boyd and Higgins.  This gives Barrow a full set of weapons to attack the defense at all levels.  He will also return kicks and can be the gadget guy on offense.  Pick 32 may be a bit high but we are looking at the overall talent and team contribution.   With the Chiefs picking Marshall, the last WR we would have considered at #39 would have been Moore and he may not have been available.

The Jaguars @NewEra are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

A couple?  I’ll give you Niang, who sat out a year.  Is rankin promising all of a sudden?