TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

With the 19th pick in the TSW mock draft, the LAs Vegas Raiders select, Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama. The Bears and LEBills are on the clock.

The Raiders have no identity on the defensive side of the ball. The addition of this athletic behemoth gives them the anchor they so need. His penetrating style will disrupt the opposing backfield for years to come. Gus Bradley's has his eyes in the opposition's backfield - where he'll find his new weapon.

Their trade back hopes to bear more fruit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bears (LEBills) are on the clock

With the 20th pick in the TSW mock draft, the Chicago Bears select Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern. The Colts and @mannc are on the clock.

To be honest, the Bears took one more desperate pass at the Seahawks for Russ Wilson to the point that the Commish had to step in to tell them it’s never happening.

With that dream gone, the Bears return to their defense where the biggest need is at CB after the release of Kyle Fuller. Luckily for the Bears a talented local kid fell to us at 20. Born in Chicago and going to college down the road in Evanston, Newsome blends athleticism and playmaking that is always at a premium. We are excited to add a premier talent to our secondary and look forward to leaning on our defense and run game this season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Colts (mannc) are on the clock

With the 21st selection in the TSW mock draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech.  We were tempted to go edge here, because there was someone we liked, and it's a need, but we just could not pass up Farley.  We had him as the top corner in the draft by a comfortable margin based on his tape, size and off-the-charts athleticism.  If not for his back issue, which our doctors have cleared, we are convinced Farley might have gone in the top six of this draft.  If the Colts are going to take the next step, we need someone who can match up with Tyreek Hill and Stephon Diggs. 

@bkep32 is on the clock.  

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Titans (bkep32) are on the clock

With the 22nd Pick in the 2021 TSW Mock draft, the Tennessee Titans Select Kwity Paye, DE/DT - Michigan.

We had one of the worst pass rushes in the league last year.  Even though we had Clowney and beasley on that side they didnt perform like they were supposed to.  We only had 19 sacks last year in the nfl and these 2 guys had 0.  This guy has a great work ethic and all the traits we are looking for.  He is very explosive off the ball and shows great leverage.  A little raw but i have the utmost confidence in our coaching staff to get this kid to the next level.  We were looking to secure the backend but with our top 4 dbs gone we needed to address this area first.  Maybe our 5th ranked DB slides to us in the 2nd.

The Jets - @Alphadawg7 are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jets (Alphadawg7 ) are on the clock
1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

The Pittsburgh Steelers are open to offers to trade down from pick #24. Thanks

@Virgil Just a random question, is there any way how Bills could make this trade in this mock? I think an argument could be made (I am sure some people here would advocate it) that now is the time to jump Browns, Giants, Saints and Packers (who all might use a LB if I understand it correctly) and grab Owusu-Koramoah. I did not do maths but I guess 3rd round pick and some low round 2022 pick might do the trick. I am pretty sure some people would be ready to move up for other players too.

I would not support it since I don't want to complicate things and also would like to see a poll without JOK its just a thought.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

@Virgil Just a random question, is there any way how Bills could make this trade in this mock? I think an argument could be made (I am sure some people here would advocate it) that now is the time to jump Browns, Giants, Saints and Packers (who all might use a LB if I understand it correctly) and grab Owusu-Koramoah. I did not do maths but I guess 3rd round pick and some low round 2022 pick might do the trick. I am pretty sure some people would be ready to move up for other players too.

I would not support it since I don't want to complicate things and also would like to see a poll without JOK its just a thought.

As much as I love JOK he’s not who I’d take for the Bills right now.  Still, I couldn’t argue with the pick if that’s what happened 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

As much as I love JOK he’s not who I’d take for the Bills right now.  Still, I couldn’t argue with the pick if that’s what happened 

He would be one of the few 'plug and play' players on defense who could make an immediate difference, outside of a CB2. They could keep him on the field as the 'Big Nickel'/'Buffalo Nickel'.

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Jets are excited about a few players here, but our phone is still open to listen to any potential trade offers given how poorly we have run this team for so long creating a lot of holes for us to consider 

I think you owe us a quick pick this time. 5 hour hold up on the 2nd most obvious pick in the draft.  Your two picks are sitting at almost 8 hours of pain

amber heard waiting GIF

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

He would be one of the few 'plug and play' players on defense who could make an immediate difference, outside of a CB2. They could keep him on the field as the 'Big Nickel'/'Buffalo Nickel'.

I agree.  You’d want him on the field over Johnson for sure.  And we need a Big Nickel.  I see Edge and outside CB as bigger priorities though.  Again, I love JOK as a player and would love to have him.  Having to trade up for him would make it a tougher sell for me though.  But again, I still wouldn’t hate it at all. 

• Like (+1) 1