TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!!

Virgil

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You're gonna tackle Melvin Ingram running from the H-Back position? Good luck. Your funeral. 

I don't know. Me dressing in shiny clothes, a funny hat, and holding a red cape MIGHT do the trick...

With the 10th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, The Dallas Cowboys select Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina

The Cowboys offense should be good enough to score 30 points a game, but our defense can't stop a nosebleed. Trevon Diggs is established as CB2, but we need an alpha dog in the room. Someone who can follow the opposition's #1 receiver all over the field and lock him down. Horn is that guy. We feel Jaycee is a perfect physical and skillset match for the Cover 3 defense that new defensive coordinator Dan Quinn likes to run. As an added bonus, Quinn is close friends with Horn's college coach, Will Muschamp, and was able to get all the information he needed as to Horn's disposition and intangibles. We feel this is a slam dunk pick of value meeting need.

(Side note: There's a lot of smoke lately to the Cowboys liking Horn. It's to the point where Cowboys beat writers can't guarantee that the Boys wouldn't pick Horn over Surtain II if both were available).

@TPS and the New York football Giants are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Giants (TPS) are on the clock
8 minutes ago, Logic said:

(Side note: There's a lot of smoke lately to the Cowboys liking Horn. It's to the point where Cowboys beat writers can't guarantee that the Boys wouldn't pick Horn over Surtain II if both were available).

I think Horn is their guy. He is like the cornerback Dan Quinn would build in a laboratory for his scheme. That said Chaisson was their guy last year, pretty much until they went on the clock and then they picked CeeDee Lamb

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Horn is their guy. He is like the cornerback Dan Quinn would build in a laboratory for his scheme. That said Chaisson was their guy last year, pretty much until they went on the clock and then they picked CeeDee Lamb

Yeah. There are several articles from Cowboys writers imploring the Cowboys to resist temptation if an exciting offensive player is on the board (Cowboys fans have this pipe dream that Pitts will fall to them, for some reason) and select a cornerback no matter what. I guess that's what happens when Jerry "I love me some gloryhole!" Jones is making your picks 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah. There are several articles from Cowboys writers imploring the Cowboys to resist temptation if an exciting offensive player is on the board (Cowboys fans have this pipe dream that Pitts will fall to them, for some reason) and select a cornerback no matter what. I guess that's what happens when Jerry "I love me some gloryhole!" Jones is making your picks 🙄

There are some on this site that think he will fall to 10 and the Bills will move up to 10 to take him.  Double fail.

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

In fairness, CeeDee Lamb was hardly a bad pick.  

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

In fairness, CeeDee Lamb was hardly a bad pick.  

I agree. CeeDee Lamb was a good pick and I would have had a hard time turning him down, too.

On the other hand, the Cowboys defense was abysmal, and at some point they're going to need to buckle down and add to their defense, even if it means passing on exciting offensive players. You can have all the WR1s you want, but if the opposition can score at will, well...

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

There are some on this site that think he will fall to 10 and the Bills will move up to 10 to take him.  Double fail.

Let's calm down on this... I haven't seen anybody say they think he'd fall to 10. At its most extreme all I've ever seen (and said) is along the lines of "it's potentially possible" or "not outside the realm of possibility". None of that is overstated -- you've got 5 QBs, a franchise LT (possibly 2) and a WR who are without question going in the top 10. In addition to that, each of the teams picking 6-10 -- Denver, Detroit, Carolina, Miami, and Dallas -- either a) have numerous needs, b) intrenched/young/pass-catching TEs, c) shown a disinterest in throwing to the TE in general, or d) some combination of those. 3 (arguably 4, but I'll digress on that one) of them need QBs to boot. The point being, it's not hard to rationalize how the draft order might be setup for Pitts to slide a bit.

Now, the draft is never rational, especially when it comes to unicorn players like Pitts, so yes, it's very unlikely that he'd fall to 10. And all of the above does not account for a team like Philly or LAC trading up for him. But can I see, maybe a 1% chance that teams opt to fill needs instead of take luxury pick like Pitts? Pretty easily, yes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We have a trade!

Giants are trading picks 11 and 76 to the Baltimore Ravens for Orlando Brown Jr, pick 27, and 58.

With the 11th pick, the Bualtimore Ravens select DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama.  The Eagles @Watkins101 are on the clock

WR is a huge need and although Smith is slight is stature he is huge on production.  Instead of waxing poetic, I'll let the pros do it...

https://nflmocks.com/2020/11/13/2021-nfl-draft-devonta-smith-perfect-fit-baltimore-ravens/

In particular, Alabama wide receiver DeVonta Smith feels like a great fit for this team. The Ravens have built their offense around their rushing attack and deep passing game. While this has led to some success, they currently lack receivers who can make an impact in the short to intermediate range. Smith can make plays as a deep receiver, but he is more of a possession receiver who is going to do most of his damage as a reliable intermediate target.

Smith is a tremendous route-runner who does a fantastic job of simply finding space in the defense. He can shake man coverage with ease and always seems to sit in the soft spots of the zone. Smith is a quick and explosive runner who is also an impact player with the ball in his hands. Smith can take a short pass and take it to the house from nearly anywhere on the field.

The Baltimore Ravens currently lack a guy who can find a way to get open against any coverage on a consistent basis. On key third downs, they could certainly use a guy like Smith who will simply get open and make a play for their quarterback.

Thank you to everyone I bombarded with trade requests but I wanted 1 of the top 3 guys and know the Eagles will be snatching one up.

• Like (+1) 5

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Eagles (Watkins101) are on the clock

11 picks in and we have 5 trades.  This is gonna be a long one 😋

9 minutes ago, section122 said:

We have a trade!

Giants are trading picks 11 and 76 to the Baltimore Ravens for Orlando Brown Jr, pick 27, and 58.

With the 11th pick, the Bualtimore Ravens select DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama.  The Eagles @Watkins101 are on the clock

WR is a huge need and although Smith is slight is stature he is huge on production.  Instead of waxing poetic, I'll let the pros do it...

https://nflmocks.com/2020/11/13/2021-nfl-draft-devonta-smith-perfect-fit-baltimore-ravens/

In particular, Alabama wide receiver DeVonta Smith feels like a great fit for this team. The Ravens have built their offense around their rushing attack and deep passing game. While this has led to some success, they currently lack receivers who can make an impact in the short to intermediate range. Smith can make plays as a deep receiver, but he is more of a possession receiver who is going to do most of his damage as a reliable intermediate target.

Smith is a tremendous route-runner who does a fantastic job of simply finding space in the defense. He can shake man coverage with ease and always seems to sit in the soft spots of the zone. Smith is a quick and explosive runner who is also an impact player with the ball in his hands. Smith can take a short pass and take it to the house from nearly anywhere on the field.

The Baltimore Ravens currently lack a guy who can find a way to get open against any coverage on a consistent basis. On key third downs, they could certainly use a guy like Smith who will simply get open and make a play for their quarterback.

Thank you to everyone I bombarded with trade requests but I wanted 1 of the top 3 guys and know the Eagles will be snatching one up.

But can he run block?

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

What a wonderful WR to get 3 targets a game with 1 catch. I’m delighted. 

While I don’t disagree, it’s actually very smart in that the Ravens can know with near certainty what they have in Lamar before they hand him a huge contract.  I think we probably all know now, but it would really remove any question in the matter. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

While I don’t disagree, it’s actually very smart in that the Ravens can know with near certainty what they have in Lamar before they hand him a huge contract.  I think we probably all know now, but it would really remove any question in the matter. 

They’ll trade up our ETN. They already know. 😛