Does TE Pitts Make this Offense Elite?

Rebel101

12 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

The offense is already elite. Would it possibly take it to Chiefs level, probably. Well he prob goes the latest at 10. We’re talking multiple high picks to get him

The passing attack is certainly elite.

While I'd love to pick up a great TE, it doesn't help the area that most needs improvement.

I mean, sure, of course we’d be better. But you can say that about many players that are already in the league 

We’d be better with Mccaffrey, Mack, Gilmore, the list goes on and on. But it’s unrealistic to think we can get them just as it’s unrealistic to think we can move up far enough to get Pitts. 

Its like asking if the Bills would be happy if we were gifted a top ten pick. Sure, but it’s not going to happen. So, what’s the point? 

Inserting the question under the guise of “would this make us elite” is silly. The Bills are an elite offense, so would an unbelievable TE prospect make us more elite, sure. 

Not sure what that answer does for anyone but enjoy. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

We need a go fund me to get Knox a case of stikkum ;)

I think he could be a Travis K type TE if he had a better catching to targets ratio.

BTW it would take all of this years picks and quite a few of next years to get into the top ten.

Knox doesn’t need stickum. He needs Josh to make the catch just hard enough so that he has to concentrate on catching it.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

N what could it take to draft him and should we be willing to go for it? 

If we did not still need pass rushers on defense i would move up to get him,  he would give Allen an elite toy for the next 10 years.  The problem is the team needs some play makers on defensive side to better balance out the team.

Are Bills fans really upset when Diggs and Beasley catch passes and not a TE?

Bills TEs accounted for about 450 yards last year and the RBs about 400 yards.

Adding another 150-200 yards by each of these positions would balance the offense nicely.

That would put the Bills passing game well over 5,000 yards.  That's elite.

If the Bills find themselves with a TE capable of 700 yards per year well that's great!

I see no reason for multiple 1st rounders for a TE.  I just don't get it.

The cost to grab an unproven rookie at one of the biggest bust potential positions is insane. We don’t even have the ammo to move that high if they wanted to. You’d have to give up Tre or Diggs or something plus picks to move that high. I know it’s the offseason and a bit of a boring time for football, but come on let’s at least use realistic scenarios if we are discussing fantasy 

Darren Waller, the tight end for the Raiders, also has a special combination of size, speed, and athleticism.  And he's very good, but not the best tight end in the league.  It takes a lot of work for even a total-package athlete to excel in the NFL.  Maybe Pitts gets there, and maybe he doesn't.  

Defense wins by schemes and planning as well as player skills.  The Bills have a very good defense that will probably get better through this year's draft, the return of Star, and the growth of Oliver and Epenesa.  Just chill, baby.  We'll be fine.

18 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Not racing to trade up for a TE.

both a second tier position for impact as well as a steep learning curve. Rather spend a little extra on a good vet

This guy will not have a steep learning curve.  He will be instant impact.  

It wouldn’t be possible for the Bills to scrounge up the capital to get him,  but he is the only player in the draft who puts this offense over the top immediately. 

He would be a good add, but ask yourself this, which of our wideouts is going to get less targets? Diggs? not likely, Davis?, he had iirc eight TDs, McKenzie, he had six or eight TDs, Beasley, he had a bunch as well, someone who was doing real well for us is gonna have to go without those targets...the pie can only be cut in so many pieces before in becomes counter productive.

on top of that, it’s the run game that as of this past season was certainly not elite, and is what needs to be worked on to round out the offense  as it were.  

Gotta keep your priorities straight, and not lose track of the bigger picture, nice to have is not as important as need to have...,

Edited by Don Otreply

4 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I missed when this offense became not elite.

Maybe I don't understand the meaning of Elite? We have an outstanding (possibly elite) passing offense and an average at best run offense. To me that would be a Great offense,  but not elite...🤔. Elite in my eyes would be at least top 5 in both pass and run. No?

• Disagree 1