Does TE Pitts Make this Offense Elite?

Rebel101

NO, you don’t pay the cost to move up. WAY too expensive. I’m not big on TE’s going high, but this guy is very different. The only TE I can remember getting excited about. 

As great as he would be, he will go way too high for the value, and we need a lot of other things. 

• Like (+1) 1

My gut says Pitts is not getting past pick 5 so we don’t have a shot outside mortgaging a lot of our future (something like this year and next years 1st and 2nds at a minimum)...if he actually fell into the 10 range I’d 100% give it a shot because he really is an amazingly special talent that gives our offense even more juice. Watch out KC

The offense will be elite when we can run when we want to, run when we need to, and pass at any time with multiple threats.  We need an elite RB and and elite TE.  Right now, we don't have either.  If we want to win a SB, we need to get there (elite).  

• Like (+1) 1

I think trading for Ertz plus drafting another WR like Kadarius Toney makes us elite.

Assuming Ertz helps both run and pass.

Assuming the line is better with more time together.

Assuming the line is better with our four (3 or 4?) upgrades with the minimum being our LG position plays better this year.

Ertz will help so much in the pass, plus help Dawson (and the young TEs).

Toney gives us incredible quickness and speed. He gives us serious depth for when injuries hit (and they are going to hit and then we will be so happy to have Toney).

And perhaps one of the defining traits of an elite offense is having elite depth. Yes, it is.

I think the run game is going to be better with Allen another year older and everyone in the offense, another year together. Both main RBs another year together. Hopefully, the new back is a quick study, he should be as he is vet playing multiple offenses. 

I cant stress enough what an advantage it is that we kept together, Daboll and Allen, all the coaches and most of the players. It is HUGE!

I think the goal should be to create a truly elite offense and to add those two to do it. At the very least, Ertz and drafting a WR by the fifth round. I'd be OK with Eskridge who might be there in the third. Ertz + Eskridge: I'd be happy with that.

Dawson Knox, Matt Breida, Hollister, McKenzie, Gabriel Davis, Eskridge, Singletary..... All resting Diggs, Beasley, Sanders, Ertz and Moss regularly....

Thats, imho, what you need to last 20-21 games in a row to win that Super Bowl.

Then, our first two picks (and the rest of the draft for that matter) could be defense: hitting DE/DT or CB with the first two picks and try to hit gold at the position we miss with the rest of the picks.....

Everything, to me, looks very doable except for defensive end where you need a very, very  rare athlete with toughness, brains and dedication to dominate.  

My thinking is that the best way to do that may be to try and get a vet before the trade-deadline.... You know, get Ertz, draft the DT, CB and WR with our higher picks and then add that vet that takes us to the promised land.

Finally win that SB!

Thats how you do it.

Thats how you win a Super Bowl.

We can keep pushing monies into the future as long as we are a contender and then pay for it and have a reload year. Allen will still be young enough to rebuild. We have a losing season, eat all that cap monie and get back under. Get compensatory picks, higher picks from the losing season and reload the following year.

Hopefully, we do the right thing and actually build a SB team this year. Win that SB.

Maybe we can win another?

Spend that dough, Mr. and Mrs. Pegula!

S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L!

• Like (+1) 1

I'm starting to think he's either going to go #4 overall or he's going to be the hyped guy that drops in the draft.  The Falcons, Cowboys, and Bengals have all been a little too vocal about their interest in him