Bears discussing trades involving WR Anthony Miller

Chicago is looking for a late round draft pick...

marcel veenendaal fun GIF by SBS6

The Chicago Bears continue to engage in trade talks on receiver Anthony Miller.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Bears have been discussing a trade involving Miller with a number of teams, per sources informed of the situation.

The former second-round pick is entering the final year of his rookie contract.

The speedy wideout has 134 receptions in 47 games played for 1,564 yards and 11 TDs in three seasons.

Rumors swirled that Miller could have been traded before the new league year last month as the Bears needed to get under the salary cap. Despite other moves to get under the cap, the 26-year-old remains on the trade block.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-discussing-trades-involving-wr-anthony-miller

Look at this QB (??) throw bombs to this guy. Seems like a nice chemistry.

Edited by HOUSE

I liked this guy coming out and for whatever reason, he's not really clicked... Feels more like a guy who might be worth a future pick if we opt to go elsewhere in the draft.

Guessing someone else likes him more than we do, but could certainly do worse and would be an interesting future replacement for Beas...

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I liked this guy coming out and for whatever reason, he's not really clicked... Feels more like a guy who might be worth a future pick if we opt to go elsewhere in the draft.

Guessing someone else likes him more than we do, but could certainly do worse and would be an interesting future replacement for Beas...

I am guessing  with Tribisky in Buffalo, Beane could be one of the interested GMs. I think he needs a new start...

Edited by HOUSE

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

I am guessing  with Tribisky in Buffalo, Beane could be one of the interested teams. I think he needs a new start...

Yeah I could definitely see it, definitely agree he needs a new start (would certainly help my dynasty team!).

It seems as though we're looking at speedy KR/deep threat guys and bigger guys and Miller's not really either of those things, hence my thinking of them waiting to see how the draft falls out first, but even as just a replacement or camp competition for Duke, I'd be all for it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Yeah I could definitely see it, definitely agree he needs a new start (would certainly help my dynasty team!).

It seems as though we're looking at speedy KR/deep threat guys and bigger guys and Miller's not really either of those things, hence my thinking of them waiting to see how the draft falls out first, but even as just a replacement or camp competition for Duke, I'd be all for it.

Ran a 4.38 at the combine

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=26105

Edited by HOUSE

I loved Miller coming out, but he hasn’t turned into much... hard to tell if that’s him or that offense. I wouldn’t hate making a move for him, but I think we’d be better off using a pick on a cheap development guy.

Also, look how many good players Mitch makes when running a hurry up.... sometimes with him I wonder if the coaches were doing to much to coach him and needed to just cut him loose some...

• Like (+1) 1

Not a fan of the guy.   Sub six foot tall wideout who isn't overly fast.  He was a high volume player in college, but I think a lot of that was based on the style of offense Memphis runs.    I don't think he does anything great.  

If he is released great, bring him in for camp.  Otherwise let someone else give up a pick for him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What is the bears plan exactly? They should have fired Nagy and just blew it up. Dalton for a year to go 8-8 and have no QB, no way to get one and an aging defense

They're a mess. Ownership is cheap so they're trying to make it work with Nagy one more season. I called this a "must-win" season for them about a month ago and people laughed.

That said, I think the argument is that they have enough on the defensive end to be competitive. ARob, Kmet, Mooney and Montgomery with a QB that doesn't make a lot of mistakes isn't sexy but could win some games. It's a thin margin there, but it's looking like they're going to be in a lot of 17-13 type games... 

I loved Anthony Miller coming out of college and I think if it's a late Round pick, it's an easy phone call to the Bears for the Bills. Cole had a great year last year but is entering his final year and another year older, and Anthony can grow into a role in this Offense with little to no cost. Especially considering the Bills' Draft picks aren't going to have much opportunity to make the final 53 man roster.

I'd love to kick the tires on Anthony Miller. either via a trade for a 6th or 7th round pick or next offseason when he is free agent and we are replacing Cole. He visited buffalo in the pre draft process, so the Bills had some interest. His Snap counts under Nagy have always boggled my mind. 

Edited by buffalover4life

He has been used mostly out of the slot and so with Beas being the man and with this being his last year under contract I’d say its unlikely we give up anything for him. 

I will say he has graded really well in Matt Harmon’s Reception Perception which is something I listen to when prepping for my fantasy drafts. Last offseason Miller was grouped alongside Calvin Ridley, Curtis Samuel, Diontae Johnson and Sterling Shepherd as guys that graded out really well but hadn’t had that breakout year yet. 

This was the best, free written synopsis I could find about how he grades there (I usually listen to his podcast appearances): Per Matt Harmon's Reception Perception, Anthony Miller is a very talented route runner, as he surpassed the NFL average success rate on every route except for the curl. He also posted a 73.3% (83rd percentile) success rate against man coverage and 79.1% (91st percentile) success rate against zone coverage. Anthony Miller also held a 75% contested catch percentage. https://www.ffastronauts.com/post/it-s-miller-time

So he would be intriguing, but since he is only a 1 year rental at this point, I think we will draft a WR in the draft instead

3 hours ago, glazeduck said:

Isn't it a speedy deep threat that we need?

2 hours ago, cage said:

I was waiting to see if Sanders plays the veteran card on that one??

Sanders took #10.  Was his number for 6 years in Denver, only had 17 for 2 years in SF and NO.

New number for Fromm.  Haven't seen what it'll be yet