Bills have fewest snaps to replace in the entire NFL from players leaving

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Ordinarily I am a trade down for picks kinda guy, but we are now in position where we should trade up to try and get an impact player.

7 rookies are not making this squad.

I want to exchange 30, 61 and 93 for ~ 40, 50 and 60 or there abouts.

I think we can get three really solid players this way....problem being probably can't get a pass rusher....

But we could get WR, CB, DT.....three good ones....

Trade a fifth for Ertz. 

DE would be our only hole.

On 4/10/2021 at 1:44 AM, billybrew1 said:

I think we can get three really solid players this way....problem being probably can't get a pass rusher....

Trade a fifth for Ertz. 

If the Bills trade back from #30 it should only be with the intention of then trading up from their spots below that so you might not be a million miles away.

I do think there are players who if they creep into the early 20s make trade up sense though.

On 4/9/2021 at 12:47 PM, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t even know wtf this means..😳

You have to excuse Chandler.  He just woke up from his afternoon nap. 😏.  All kidding aside, I hate the Washington Football Team name.  For criminal sake, just name the darn thing already.  I swear every time I read WFT, my eyes play tricks on me to WTF.

This quote from the author of OTC reminds me of the ESPN article last June asserting in a pandemic off season, the teams with the players with the highest retention of snaps from starters have a better chance to come out if the gate fast in 2020. Interestingly the team with the most snaps returning from starters was guess.. the Chiefs.  We were 2nd.  Interesting how we both ended up in the AFCCG.  Gues who was down and this was before opt outs were reported, the Cheats at around 69% if memory serves, amd again this was before we were aware of the opt outs.

Theres merit in this point, and we haven’t had the draft yet.  We’ll get an infusion of talent from some starting adds 1st team and depth.

NFLR has been applauding the Bucs and us in how our respective management of the two teams have done a good job of retaining and extending the talent that brought both teams success.

I suspect both us and the Bucs are going to have another solid year, but the difference is we are younger overall except the D Line.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

You have to excuse Chandler.  He just woke up from his afternoon nap. 😏.  All kidding aside, I hate the Washington Football Team name.  For criminal sake, just name the darn thing already.  I swear every time I read WFT, my eyes play tricks on me to WTF.

This quote from the author of OTC reminds me of the ESPN article last June asserting in a pandemic off season, the teams with the players with the highest retention of snaps from starters have a better chance to come out if the gate fast in 2020. Interestingly the team with the most snaps returning from starters was guess.. the Chiefs.  We were 2nd.  Interesting how we both ended up in the AFCCG.  Gues who was down and this was before opt outs were reported, the Cheats at around 69% if memory serves, amd again this was before we were aware of the opt outs.

Theres merit in this point, and we haven’t had the draft yet.  We’ll get an infusion of talent from some starting adds 1st team and depth.

NFLR has been applauding the Bucs and us in how our respective management of the two teams have done a good job of retaining and extending the talent that brought both teams success.

I suspect both us and the Bucs are going to have another solid year, but the difference is we are younger overall except the D Line.

<YAWN!> <STRETCH!> Hey, ya got dam Whippersnapper! Git off’n my lawn!

Some butthead in the DC area applied for the patent/team names the Redskins were likely to use -meaning they’d have to pay this a-hole to buy the name. I suppose it’s clever, but it sucks for the League. The jokers’ application runs out this year, so the ‘WTF’ Washington team can use the name of their choice next season w/o paying royalties to the schmuck.

As for this other newfangled phrase, all it means is we didn’t add a whole lot to improve, just maintained.

Not a good thing from this old mans’ perspective. 

Then again, I haven’t had my Metamucil yet this morning..

8957763D-74E6-4419-A530-8D82CDE205A6.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Some butthead in the DC area applied for the patent/team names the Redskins were likely to use -meaning they’d have to pay this a-hole to buy the name. I suppose it’s clever, but it sucks for the League. The jokers’ application runs out this year, so the ‘WTF’ Washington team can use the name of their choice next season w/o paying royalties to the schmuck.

As for this other newfangled phrase, all it means is we didn’t add a whole lot to improve, just maintained.

Not a good thing from this old mans’ perspective. 

Then again, I haven’t had my Metamucil yet this morning..

8957763D-74E6-4419-A530-8D82CDE205A6.jpeg

If I could put two smiley faces I would’ve.  Now go file you’re corns, amd don’t forget to take you’re meds at 4pm.  Mother would be upset.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If the Bills trade back from #30 it should only be with the intention of then trading up from their spots below that so you might not be a million miles away.

I do think there are players who if they creep into the early 20s make trade up sense though.

Who are you thinking would be worth it?

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Good morning!

What names did they wish to use?  Or did he just take everything he could think of?

On 4/9/2021 at 7:44 PM, billybrew1 said:

Trade a fifth for Ertz. 

I think our needs are strongest at DE/DL.

DE is a huge hole

39 minutes ago, section122 said:

Who are you thinking would be worth it?

Primarily thinking about one of the corners. I don't know what people think about Farley's back but if he slips for example. Equally if Kwity Paye got past the first few possible edge teams I'd make the call too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Primarily thinking about one of the corners. I don't know what people think about Farley's back but if he slips for example. Equally if Kwity Paye got past the first few possible edge teams I'd make the call too.

Farley would be great if his back checks out.  

I think Paye lacks the length and stride of an elite edge rusher...........he fancies himself as a Myles Garrett type but his arms are like 2.5" shorter.........and I don't see the feet of a more productive short, stocky rusher like Carl Lawson either.    

Also I do have some concern that we haven't seen many(any?) of these African born lineman really become great yet.   If he had all of the measurables and production it wouldn't matter but when you are trying to rationalize going against what you see on the stat sheet and the tape in favor of some other athletic measures........ I do wonder about the importance of growing up feeling that football was important and having community pressure to succeed in players pushing themselves to greatness in the pros.

24 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Farley would be great if his back checks out.  

I think Paye lacks the length and stride of an elite edge rusher...........he fancies himself as a Myles Garrett type but his arms are like 2.5" shorter.........and I don't see the feet of a more productive short, stocky rusher like Carl Lawson either.    

Also I do have some concern that we haven't seen many(any?) of these African born lineman really become great yet.   If he had all of the measurables and production it wouldn't matter but when you are trying to rationalize going against what you see on the stat sheet and the tape in favor of some other athletic measures........ I do wonder about the importance of growing up feeling that football was important and having community pressure to succeed in players pushing themselves to greatness in the pros.

I think Paye is comfortably the most natural fit of these rushers into what the Bills run. He might not have the ceiling of the two Miami guys but he has a safer floor IMO.

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Paye is comfortably the most natural fit of these rushers into what the Bills run. He might not have the ceiling of the two Miami guys but he has a safer floor IMO.

I get that Paye is much more in the Charles Johnson/Mario Addison range as an athlete......... and that worked for a long time in the McDefense.......and I've seen the Shaq Lawson comparisons and I think he has more pass rush potential than Shaq......but I think the Greg Hardy physical type was actually the ideal,  they just couldn't find another after he blew up his career.   

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good morning!

What names did they wish to use?  Or did he just take everything he could think of?

I think our needs are strongest at DE/DL.

DE is a huge hole

The schmuck listed numerous names, some of which the Redskins had earlier said they’re considering over the past few years. So, no, I don’t recall them but they’re known.

Agree now that DE/DT seems most likely at 30, but I’m holding out hope the pick is used as part of a trade for an established pass rusher. Well, that and other picks..